Sasquatch dogs

The place for anything at all...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Sasquatch dogs

Post by Jamie »

I'm not sure if this can be considered as related to werewolves in any way, so I put it in this category just in case.

Anyway, I came across this website by accident, and it talks about a rare breed of dog called the sasquatch. One of the reasons I was interested in it was because, in the photo where the dog stands upright, it looks kind of werewolf-like.

However, I can't find anything else about the sasquatch dog, anywhere. Is this a real breed of dog? Where can I find out more about it? Does anyone here know more about it?
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

so cool 8)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

:o That is a giant dog.

But no, I havent heard anything else about it. Maybe its a newer breed thats not yet recognized everywhere? Or maybe it goes by a different name?

But that dog is HUGE! Interesting find.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Yeash! that's one big dog, one more to the list of breeds of dog i'm considering getting for a pet when i finally move out.

Sasquatch
German shepherd
Siberian husky
Wolf dog hybrid
Pitbull
THE GAME

My Armory
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Yes I have heard of those dogs before :D They are gorgous dogs. I'd love to have a big fluffy dog like that :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Wow. That's a big, fluffy dog.

Cool. 8)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I'd never own a pitbull. not because I think they're all viscious, but because other people think they are. As long as people(even good people) buy pits people will breed them, and as long as people breed them, most of them will be bought and used to fight and be abused to make them aggressive. I don't like that cities are banning and euthenizing the dogs, but I do wish the breed would be banned just to stop the cycle of abuse. I'd say at least 2 of every three pit puppies in my area will be bought either as a status symbol with no regard for the dog as a living being with physical and emotional needs, or bought to fight and abused/neglected.

Anubis- this has nothing to do with you. Despite your sometimes quick temper, I know you are a good person and would take wonderful care of any animal in your charge.

I just wanted to explain myself a bit on the issue of pits. They can be wonderful dogs, but it makes me sad when all these people are villifying their cities for banning the breed when it may in the long run actually prevent abuse.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

That's okay, it was a list of dogs i'm considering to adopt one. Most likely i might be getting a Sasquatch or a husky.
THE GAME

My Armory
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Wow, that is a very big dog.
:panting:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Anubis wrote:That's okay, it was a list of dogs i'm considering to adopt one. Most likely i might be getting a Sasquatch or a husky.
Ah yes, adoption is always good. Always plenty of sweet pups in need of a home. :)

In response to the OP- very pretty dog. Looks almost like a cross between a golden retriever and a great pyrranese(sp?).
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Lupin wrote:Wow, that is a very big dog.
:panting:
He's only 8 months old, so he'll probably get even bigger.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

Wow that dog is MAD huge.Better not let him jump on anyone. He might crush them :O
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm not much of a dog person but that's one beautiful/cute dog :)

I'm planning on getting a small ranch someday and of course, if you have a ranch/horses, you gotta get a dog. Haven't decided on a breed yet, I just want a mellow dog that doesn't stick his nose in peoples' (or mine) business and doesn't go crazy barking at every little thing. :x
ImageImageImageImage
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

First off....THAT IS ONE FREAKING HUGE DOG!!!!

Second, when I am able to get my own dog, I either want a Malamute (looks like a wolf ^_^), Husky, or a German shepherd dog. If I can, I would get two dogs so that no one's lonely :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Irish Wolfhounds are the tallest dogs. :D

http://www.irish-wolfhound-inishmaan.de ... ilderx.jpg

They weight between 100-150lbs or more. Thats a big dog. I want one! :D [/url]
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Z wrote:although im sure german shepherds make wonderful pets, i wouldnt suggest one. thier extensive history with serious genetic health problems will break your heart, and your wallet.
Z isn't kidding, either. My aunt has one. He's only 8 months old and already has arthritis.

I don't reccomend Shepherds for another reason as well. They like to kill things. Someone down the road from where my mother lives lost a foal to their Shepherd. A freaking FOAL, not some little hamster. Meaning it had to both get past their two mares and tangle with the baby, and while they may look cute, foals are strong. Frankly, I'd rather sleep next to a pit bull than have a Shepherd in my house.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i thought that was only in full breed german sheapards and not in mix breeds...or is it both??
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Lovely dog, that is. I'd like to own one, unfortuantly by the time its an adult it'll already be a foot or more taller than I am. :roll:
Boo
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Z wrote:
BlackWolfDS wrote:First off....THAT IS ONE FREAKING HUGE DOG!!!!

Second, when I am able to get my own dog, I either want a Malamute (looks like a wolf ^_^), Husky, or a German shepherd dog. If I can, I would get two dogs so that no one's lonely :D
although im sure german shepherds make wonderful pets, i wouldnt suggest one. thier extensive history with serious genetic health problems will break your heart, and your wallet. you might wanna look into king shepherds, shiloh shepherds, or any of the 3 belgion sheepdogs instead, they are more sound breeds, health-wise.

if u want a malamute be prepared to spend a buttload on food. plus make sure you do not live in a warm climate plz. huskies will fare a lil bit better in warm weather but i wouldnt recommend it.
well....I guess all that's left is a Husky, which was the first dog I ever wanted, so it's all cool. :D
Hmm, I may even look into geting a Lab. I don't know, it all depends on who needs a home.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

you want one of my dogs...she about as stupid as a brick but shes nice.... :D :lol:
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

White Paw wrote:you want one of my dogs...she about as stupid as a brick but shes nice.... :D :lol:
That's mean WP. She's new and you have to give her time to adapt to your teaching.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Z wrote:
BlackWolfDS wrote:
White Paw wrote:you want one of my dogs...she about as stupid as a brick but shes nice.... :D :lol:
That's mean WP. She's new and you have to give her time to adapt to your teaching.
actually due to heavy indiscriminate breeding these days, some dogs (mostly purebreds) really are born "stupid", in a sense
I think the reason the dog doesn't listen to WP is becuase she's new and unfamiliar with him. And I think she's a mix....right WP?

When we first got my sister's dog.....that was a disaster.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

That dog looks pretty cool. I never heard of it before either. And I bet neither has my friends.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Cross breeding a Husky with a Great Dane might get you a dog as big as the Sasquatch, and just as fuzzy.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora