A-kon 18

General convention type stuff.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Last day to get a 3 day registration for A-kon!! If you haven't gotten it yet do it guys!! :o Unless you want to pay $35 everyday at the door :P

Also who is intersted in me bringing this next year?

http://www.entoutlet.com/getproduct.asp ... 0000696301

The price has dropped more since then so I can get it and the Gamecube by then I believe :D Unless someone else can bring a gamecube and I just bring the game :?
I doubt that it's the last day. I bought my 3 day registration online, two months before A-Kon 14, 15, 16, and 17. In addition, you always have the option of buying a 3-day pass for $50 at the door, no matter what. It only costs $35 for a Saturday-only pass.

Did they change their pre-reg policies, or are you mistaken?
??

Mario Mix sucks. Original DDR is better. I'm bringing my XBox to my hotel room like I do every year. (If I go again that is.) I'm hopeing to bring my copy of Steel Battalion to show people.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Kaebora wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Last day to get a 3 day registration for A-kon!! If you haven't gotten it yet do it guys!! :o Unless you want to pay $35 everyday at the door :P

Also who is intersted in me bringing this next year?

http://www.entoutlet.com/getproduct.asp ... 0000696301

The price has dropped more since then so I can get it and the Gamecube by then I believe :D Unless someone else can bring a gamecube and I just bring the game :?
I doubt that it's the last day. I bought my 3 day registration online, two months before A-Kon 14, 15, 16, and 17. In addition, you always have the option of buying a 3-day pass for $50 at the door, no matter what. It only costs $35 for a Saturday-only pass.

Did they change their pre-reg policies, or are you mistaken?
??

Mario Mix sucks. Original DDR is better. I'm bringing my XBox to my hotel room like I do every year. (If I go again that is.) I'm hopeing to bring my copy of Steel Battalion to show people.
Well I'm at the site right now an it say $29 for a pre reg and I am buying it today before I run out of time and also I need to look for a hotel room..Got any ideas?

Also I can bring the regular DDR as I haven't bought it yet..Gamecube's prices are so much better now so I can work on that too :D
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I am almost posative I will be there again, just not sure if I will go home each night or stay somewhere at the hotel. I definatly want to go to one of their raves this time though because hopefully by then I will be good enough with poi to have my quantum leashes.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

ACK!! Some body please tell me what the difference is between a Banquet Pass and a Adult Membership? Please?! I gotta get these tickets tonight so I can get that sale!! :o
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

the banquet tickets are just for a dinner. You want an adult pass to get into the convention
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Short Tail wrote:the banquet tickets are just for a dinner. You want an adult pass to get into the convention
Great!! I just got done buying them!! Woot!! I'm like all spazzy now!! Thanks ShortTail :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The banquet is an extra event. It's the con membership you want. (Though I did myself enjoy also doing the banquet, too.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I personally know four or five of the banquet celebrities that attend every year. I simply call them up and ask if they want to have breakfast in the downstairs restraunt like we to every year on Saturday. Special thanks to my manager friend Shawn for hooking me up every time.
:P

I hear the banquet food is awesome though.
-Kaebora
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

this is for anthrocon 2007 right guys if you going to be there so will i i am going to order my stuff in advance also i can't wait to go and meen some of you guys i will be under the name lycanis bye the way just my nick name online now lol
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lycanthrop55 wrote:this is for anthrocon 2007 right guys if you going to be there so will i i am going to order my stuff in advance also i can't wait to go and meen some of you guys i will be under the name lycanis bye the way just my nick name online now lol

don't confuse A-kon with Anthrocon. Its two different events.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Dont think I posted about it yet; but I'm going to try and come to A-Kon this year :) Still gotta get the registeration thing, and a hotal and plane tickets, ect...I'll have to do all that crap soon :P
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Silverclaw wrote:Dont think I posted about it yet; but I'm going to try and come to A-Kon this year :) Still gotta get the registeration thing, and a hotal and plane tickets, ect...I'll have to do all that crap soon :P
YEs SilverClaw!! You must!! :o You gotta come this time yes!! :wiggle: Are you going to come in a fursuit? :o
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

lol, I wish! The best thing I got is my wolf tail :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Dont think I posted about it yet; but I'm going to try and come to A-Kon this year :) Still gotta get the registeration thing, and a hotal and plane tickets, ect...I'll have to do all that crap soon :P

You need to start doing everything early. I already have my room reserved. If you wait till the last minute, you may not get one. You'll end up looking for a room at the another hotel.

Can't wait to meet you there. :D

Plus any other Pack member that decides to go. :D
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

this may sound kinda dumb, but i have a few questions.

where and when is this "a-kon" i may wanna go.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

nachoboy wrote:this may sound kinda dumb, but i have a few questions.

where and when is this "a-kon" i may wanna go.
:lol: It's not a problem :D

http://www.a-kon.com/index.shtml

That'll show you everything you need to know :howl:  :oo
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

nice. :o
thanks for the info, darkjokerwolf.

unfortunately, i thinki will still be in school those days (plus my 'rents will be like, "you can't go to texas! who will go with you? how will you get there? how will you get back? where is all this money coming from? you can't go to texas!")

so, even though it could be great, i doubt a would be able to go. :cry:

make sure you keep me posted with all that goes on (plus pics!)
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

SilverclawI know heh this is why I'm making my own suit, because I just can't afford what some of these fursuiters are charging heh just to dirt poor :jester:

nachoboyYour welcome and sorry to hear you can't make it, but rest assure there will be plenty of photos taken :D I am sooooooo bringing a camera this year around. I just like so excited an all spazzy!! :cafinated: 8 moths really isn't that far away heh I mean my nieces are turning 1 year old next month!!! :o Time does really fly by!! :howl:  :oo
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ok guys, sending out a howl to those who havn't reserved a room yet. My mate and I are wanting to split a room with a packmate or two to cut costs a bit. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:Ok guys, sending out a howl to those who havn't reserved a room yet. My mate and I are wanting to split a room with a packmate or two to cut costs a bit. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hmmmm....I changed my room from a double queen to a single King size bed. (Makes me wonder how many times I can rollover before falling out of bed. LOL!!)

Reason being is that its in a newly renovated section of the hotel. I'm hoping this section is not as crowded as the other section It was at back in June 2006. You had to take the elevator down just to go up to your room!!

Internet access is suppose to be free in that section. I had to pay in the other part.

I would share....but I like to have my privacy. Hope you don't mind.
Last edited by Figarou on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Haha, nah, that's cool. I do too! ^_^
I'm just going to have to put that aside for now. :P
If I can't find anybody to room with that's not a big deal, I'll just stay at my friend's house again.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Z wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

a-kon aint gettin here fast enough!!!! :splodey:
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH unable to attend A-Kon!! im starting to hate Florida.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

My wife Cathey and I are planning on sharing with my sister Alicia and her husband Michael. That will likely make for a stuffed room. But, it's pretty early on, and things could change. We live only 30 minutes away from the hotel, but we still need a base of operation, and my sister lives a good four hours out. Updates as plans get formalized.

In the past, I've reserved rooms and got tickets around February or March. My goal this year is before the end of the year--possibly before the end of the month.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Ditto to that. I'll get my pre-reg in December. Even if I don't end up going, $30 spent and not used isn't a huge waste. And I usually wait until the Adam's Mark is overbooked, so I can get a discount at the less crowded 4 star Westin Hotel. I did that for the last two years, and it always works out great. If you don't mind the long walk back to the room (usually seven minutes), it definately beats waiting in line simply for the elevator.

I've been to the last four A-Kons in a row. If there were ever to be a "last time", visit number five is it. Otherwise, I'll attend six more before stopping my expensive trips. Magic number ten.
-Kaebora
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

I am not quite sure what I am doing yet, if I am just going to commute each morning on the Dart or what, but that option seems most likley to save money from getting a room. Plus, that way I wont have the excuse of sleeping for missing something as entertaining as the "sex at cons" pannel. :lol: