15%

Total votes: 67

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

CrewWolf wrote:I'm trying to see if I can get some pictures for comparison
American werewolf in Paris http://www.wwlp.com/news/segments/sybersy/amerwolf.jpg
Harry Potter POA http://sylvanlaneshoppe.com/2004PoAChaseR1.jpg
Teen Wolf ('scuse me while I pause to giggle) http://emmanuel.denis.free.fr/images/teenwolf.JPG
Underworld http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/images/ ... wolf02.jpg
I'm having trouble finding Darkwolf. I think out of all of them, AWIP gorilla-werewolf takes the cake as the worst. I mean the knees bent backward during the transformation! What were they thinking?
Wow. Those, uh... Those are pretty horrible.

My only gripe with Teen Wolf being one of the nominees is that the movie itself was meant as more of a campy Fangface-ish comedy as opposed to an action and/or horror.

And now having seen all of the nominees... Well... My vote still has to go for Darkwolf. You could possibly argue that the others are just the designer's interpretation of what it means to be half-man, half-wolf. In terms of anatomy, in fact, Darkwolf was the closest to what we're most accustomed to thinking of... But he looked like something out of The Incredibles!
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Forgive me in advance if I repeat anything too much that's already been said ^^;

Ooohhh, tough call... I think I'm going to have to end up with Darkwolf - the transformation CG looked like soemthing out of the first tekken play-graphics with obvious pixelation and polygons. And half the time with the closeups the "werewolf" was a gorilla suit with a cheap walmart werewolf mask thrown on.

Though all the others also really get on my nerves for various reasons. Teenwolf I can understand - it was parodying the classic wolfman - but I think it would have been an infinately better movie had it had a better werewolf design (and non-80's synthesizer music). I found the story highly enjoyable - a non horror werewolf movie :3

THe knees bending bacwards in AWIP is one of my biggest pet peeves, not to mention the final design was horrid. I don't see how the sequel to a movie made over ten years later was so much WORSE in the design and transformation department than the landmark AWIL.

I can actually defend the Harry Potter werewolf - because I think I know what they were trying to do (though I could just be overly optimistic). Admittedly, I really disliked the intrepretation purely aestically. But if you think about the look, what they were doing is trying to take a person and stretch it to be as lupine as possible and without ANY added mass. Hence it looked so spindly - it didnt' grow fur, it didn't grow a tail, it just... reformed.... though yes, in a world that is supposed to have magic be so poweful that allows shapeshifting normally, I don't see why they couldn't have made him look better and actually like a full wolf in the books. Other than, perhaps, to try to distinguish him from Sirius in dog-form.
Ashwinder
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ashwinder »

How about Ozzy Osbourne the Werewolf in the "Howl at the Moon" video?

Looked like a mutant wookie to me. :|
The truth will set you free.... but a good lie can always break you out.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

O.o

Y'know. I am completely out of the loop when it comes to music videos anymore. I used to enjoy those things and, now, I wouldn't know how to begin trying to find one.
Ashwinder
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Ashwinder »

WolfVanZandt wrote:O.o

Y'know. I am completely out of the loop when it comes to music videos anymore. I used to enjoy those things and, now, I wouldn't know how to begin trying to find one.
I used to watch MTV, and when that tanked, MTV2. Now they're both down the tubes, so now I just watch Fuse. :|
The truth will set you free.... but a good lie can always break you out.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Well, I guess that's the answer. I rarely watch TV.
KitsuneKit
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by KitsuneKit »

Nothing fries my kinfolk faster than seeing a crappy werewolf.

I hate seeing some director trying to pass a hair-less, TAIL-LESS creature with pointy ears off as a werewolf.
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

I love HP, but when I watched the movie two things came to mind

1. Lupin's human bite is soo bad, there's no way he could bite anyone as a werewolf. .he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO undershot. IF he was a dog, he'd be neutered cuz of that bite.

2. Why'd the use a mutant CHIHUAHUA for the werewolf scenes? LOL :)
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

becasue all the toher dogs had actual dignity...
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Hmmmmm... I can't decide... AWiP comes close... Although I have always thought that it was more the fault of the crappy use of CG rather than the actual design that screwed up the werewolves in that movie... It just made the design look the worst it could look, in other words :P
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

harry poter chiwawa werewolf... so ghey
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Rediculosa!

Post by Scott Gardener »

In every other respect, the Harry Potter movie was great. The only disappointment was the werewolf. Of course, if there's only going to be one disappointment, it had to be the big one. Why couldn't it have instead been something less personal?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Arania wrote:I can actually defend the Harry Potter werewolf - because I think I know what they were trying to do (though I could just be overly optimistic). Admittedly, I really disliked the intrepretation purely aestically. But if you think about the look, what they were doing is trying to take a person and stretch it to be as lupine as possible and without ANY added mass. Hence it looked so spindly - it didnt' grow fur, it didn't grow a tail, it just... reformed.... though yes, in a world that is supposed to have magic be so poweful that allows shapeshifting normally, I don't see why they couldn't have made him look better and actually like a full wolf in the books. Other than, perhaps, to try to distinguish him from Sirius in dog-form.
I see what you're getting at, but you're right: of all the werewolf movies out there, Prisoner of Azkaban had the most license to an impressive and overglorified design and blew it.

Then again, they might have also cut back on Lupin's design because A) They had countless other different effects that needed to be animated (the dementors, the boggits, the hippogryph, the shrunken heads, etc.), and B) the real villains were supposed to be the dementors.
Either way, it still came out pretty horrible. Just not horrible enough to dethrone the Darkwolf.

BTW, speaking of which, I didn't find any actual screenshots, but I did find them available at Shadowlord & Dragoniade. I'd rather you didn't vote for them, but I think you can tell by the screenshots for the 4th clip as to what we mean by "Playstation 1 Graphics."
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I actually enjoyed the HP werewolf *shrug*. I'll tell you why though. They wanted him to look more on the side of someone who has an actual disease (say AIDS) as opposed to just a monster...

BUT, I am mad that they didn't go with what the book had, which was basically a wolf with only minor differences.

I chose the Teen Wolf "werewolf" as the one I despised the most. I just... eh... didn't like it and I didn't like the movie (although I always loved the fact that the father was the bugler from F-Troop!)

Ahh i forgot to add: I may not have liked this werewolf design, but I absolutely LOVED the design in the Wolfman. So, yeah, the minimilistic aproach has nothing to do with it. I just thought it was corny in the 80's

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Well, I went for the Harry Potter werewolf due to the fact that the others at least looked like they could do some serious damage (yes, including Teen Wolf). Probably also because I like the monstrous aspect of the werewolf concept over the, uh, spiritual/nature (?) idea a lot of people seem to like :p
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

To be honest, there will be some 'monsterous' werewolves in this movie.. they chose to be monsterous.. and act appropriately.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Well, spirituality aside, it is still werewolves.

I have this image of some Neo-Nazi group, looking for another group to hate and beat up, after equality of race, gender, sexual preference, and so forth. And then, suddenly, the werewolves of the world reveal themselves. That's it! We'll go bash some werewolves! A few minutes later, the ripped and bloody thugs are running for their lives, but they're just not fast enough...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Its just not a werewolf movie without SOME carnage and gore :wink:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

hehe, yeah...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Its just not a werewolf movie without SOME carnage and gore :wink:

You said it, sister!!
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Case in point: Cursed.

I will puke right now if you don't mind me doin' it :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Doruk Golcu wrote:Case in point: Cursed.

I will puke right now if you don't mind me doin' it :P

We don't mind. In fact, there is an icon already made!!!

:sickpup:
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: so there is. just make sure there is no one around
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

LoboLEO wrote:Everybody attacking Hp XD... but c'mon the thing on Dark Wolf it's the worst thing ever...being this videogame ps1.....ouch XD."Hye lets change the blonde girl with a girl of color skinand attach to her some wig...there you go a werewolf" o_O
Heh. There it is again -- that PS1 description.

I think that should tell you something about what makes a good werewolf movie -- it's important to have a good-looking werewolf, but it isn't worth crap if it isn't believable.

Oh yeah, and horny werewolves suck.

EDIT: And speaking of which: LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!
Yup. That's a screenshot. Looks right out of Parasite Eve, doesn't it?