4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
15%

Total votes: 67

ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

WWW ... World's Worst Werewolves.

Post by ChaosWolf »

We've seen a lot of good 'wolves, and a lot of bad.

We tend to agree pretty well on the best ones (Van Helsing seeming to qualify as best-looking around here)...but what of the worst?
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I have to vote for the Harry Potter one, since I have not yet seen the others... but I thought the HP one was REALLY bad.
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf »

they Harry Potter one defenatly. I knew that there was suppose to be a werewolf in there and that was the ONLY thing I was looking forward to when my mom dragged me to the theater (not a harry potter fan at all). When I did see it I was wondering what drug the creator was on when they thought it up..
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I loved Teen Wolf :(
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

The harry potter Werewolf.....

How could you be scared of that....thing? :P
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

[quote="Lasthowl"]I loved Teen Wolf :([/quote]

Oh, YOU'RE the one!

Just kidding, Last Howl. :wink:
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Nothing gets my heckles up quicker than the piece of s*** thing from AWIP.... :x
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

That mole rat looking thing from the 1st Ginger Snaps gets my vote.
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mitternacht »

I thought that Teen Wolfs design was light hearted and lended itself to the feel of that film. Professor Lupine However could have been so much better. I dont understand why they didnt just go with the book and make him a Wolf instead of that thing they ended up with.

-Mitty
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Aki wrote:The harry potter Werewolf.....

How could you be scared of that....thing? :P
I'd be afraid of it...
One could catch mange from it.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Who knows. Maybe Lupin looked sickly like that because he pumped himself full of that potion thingy every night. Plus, though he made a lousy werewolf, he was still likable as a human being.

So I chose that highschool animation project out of Darkwolf instead. Lupin at least had some character, whereas the Darkwolf's human form was just as much an embodiment of stereotypical Hollywood slash-n-screw evil as was his werewolf form.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:Who knows. Maybe Lupin looked sickly like that because he pumped himself full of that potion thingy every night. Plus, though he made a lousy werewolf, he was still likable as a human being.

So I chose that highschool animation project out of Darkwolf instead. Lupin at least had some character, whereas the Darkwolf's human form was just as much an embodiment of stereotypical Hollywood slash-n-screw evil as was his werewolf form.
What gave you that idea?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

The deformed monkey-lion gets my vote. I hated that entire movie. The only reason I watched it is because it was on tv and I was bored. Lupin, though ugly, didn't come across as being quite as...well, he just didn't deserve to be the worst werewolf in my opinion.

In regards to the potion: "It tastes awful, but unfortunately sugar makes it useless." I don't even wanna know what was in it. The ingredients for the Polyjuice potion in the Chamber Of Secrets were gross enough...
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

I'd have to say the Teen Wolf one. (And in fact I did, both here and in the poll.) There's no muzzle, no tail, and he doesn't act very wolflike. I seem to recall underbiting fangs, too, which is just wrong. He doesn't look like a wolf. he doesn't really look like much of anything, except ugly and hairy.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Shape-shifters uglier than a Chevy Avalanche

Post by Scott Gardener »

As much as I otherwise absolutely love the Harry Potter series, I had to vote for the lame rat thing. It's their only bad job out of a great series. If they only botch one thing, why did it have to be the werewolf?!?

Say what you will about Teen Wolf, but it's the movie that changed my life! Seeing that movie was what started my werewolf daydream that became a novel and an obsession for me.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

^^Yah, the HP WW looked like someone had attacked it with a blunt razor and gave it anorexia.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Yeah, a new poll! First off, one thing I really like is doing the polls on this site, I have done every one of them so far, o.k., and now for MY "two cents" on the poll, ha, ha! O.k., I voted for "AWIP" because it is an older film and has "classically bad" werewolves in it during the chase scenes. Think of it this way, you went to see "An American Werewolf in London" and you were like "this film friggin' rocks Dude, it's the friggin' shizznit, I love this film!" ...but....then......the sequel "American Werewolf in Paris" comes out and you have very, very, very, very, very high expectations for the film, and you watch it.......and......and, it's like the movie itself slapped you across the face and said "thanks for your money."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Apokryltaros wrote:What gave you that idea?
The idea that Lupin was an unhealthy werewolf?
Hmmm....
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Terastas: All I can see is a little red x. The picture's not working.
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mitternacht »

MST3K episode Werewolf!
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Yeah, the Arizona Werewolf was awful. Lupin ........ boy, I never thought I'd say it about any Werewolf but that one should have been wearing clothes .... embarrassing.

I haven't seen Darkwolf. From what I've heard, that's a mercy.

The frolicking Werewolves in Howling II were also embarrassing - not because of how they looked, but because of how they acted (on several levels).
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hard decision, but I voted for AAWIP. It was just.....no.
We need to post a picture of each on here, bask in the badness of it all. :lol: Never seen Darkwolf, though it sounds so bad, you gotta see it just for that reason.
I watched the 1992 or 93 version of Dracula last night. Great movie, but Dracula in wolf man form did not look that good.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Dracula isn't really a werewolf so he probably doesn't count even though that make-up job was awful....they could have just made him a black dog or something.....but eh, the whole film was a make-up show.... :wink:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Reilune wrote:Terastas: All I can see is a little red x. The picture's not working.
Hmm... Its working fine for me, but at any rate, you can see his rib cage, his fur is mangy and he's got thinner pipe-arms than even I do; it looks like he's anorexic.

So that's my consensus on Harry Potter. Maybe someone proud to be a werewolf would have looked better.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The Werewolf episode of MST3K is one of their best! Arizona Werewolf has everything bad in every crappy werewolf movie we ever sat through! It even has underpaid and heavily mis-used character actor Richard Lynch! He shows up in a lot of turkeys.

Here's a few particular great moments:

"His condition has deteriorated to bad, bad, bad, bad, bad."

(musical singing) "aaaahhh!"

"They're establishing the Hell out of that building."

"A full moon that doggedly refuses to wane..."

"The Lesser Estavez" (whose hairstyle changes every scene)

"What do you think?" / "Pants or no pants?"

"Am I smoking too much mescal, or did anyone else notice those Indians in the sky?"

"Oh, you're really turning into a werewolf! OK, eight ball in the side pocket..."

And the classic:

"OK, she's a werewolf, I think we're way ahead of you, movie; sorry." (Long pause and more dim light footage.) "Come on! Dead people know what's going to happen next!"
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...