AH! This is making me go crazy!!!!

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Human Wolf Eyes
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

AH! This is making me go crazy!!!!

Post by Human Wolf Eyes »

How Do I put my pictures on Deviantart?! (if HTML code is needed, I am so dead...) I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME HOW! IT'S MAKING ME GO CRAZY!!! :wacko:
In the very midst of life,
whenever everything is hard,
grab the last thing a human would,
the shard to the forest
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Register at photobucket or deviant art. Once you do you go into your account and thier should be something that says upload image, once you upload it then they should give you different urls that will give you the link to the picture, that actual image to be shown etc.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

If your tring to submit art, there is a little icon near the top right labled "Submit Art".

If your tring to post it in here, I don't DevinatArt lets that.

If your tring to link it from there to here, use the URL tags at teh top of the "Post Reply" window.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Here is a step-by-step instuctional thing on how to use " Image Shack ", that I made for a different thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Go to Image Shack

-Click "Browse..."
(This will bring up a window that should display files on your computer. Use this window to find and select the picture you want to upload.)

-When you select the picture you want, the filename and location should appear in the box where I highlighted it in red. If the file path appears there, click "host it!".

-"uploading..." will appear in the box. Now WAIT. Depending on the speed of your connection, and the size of the file (and sometimes the page itself will just upload slowly) the uploading process could take anywhere from a couple seconds to 5 minutes or more.

-If the upload is successful, it will bring you to a new page with a bunch of filepaths and links. (A thumbnail of your image might appear in the middle of the page, but don't worry if it does not. If you are seeing the links, then your image has been uploaded correctly...thumbnail view or not.)

-CONGRADULATIONS! Your picture is now on the Internet.

-The list of links can all be useful, but the really important one is at the very bottom. ("Dirrect link to image")

-COPY THIS FILEPATH! Highlight it, copy and paste it into a notepad program, or copy the whole thing down by hand if you have to. This is your image. If you close this page before copying it, the picture is lost.
(Unless you create a FREE personal account there, in which case, it will track and save every image you upload in one convinient online album for you.)

-Now that your picture is online, you can link to it from anywhere just by pasting the filepath.

...like this...

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9536/teacherpw3.gif

Adding Image to the ends of the file when posting will make the image appear on the message board here, instead of just appearing as a link.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that information is helpful.

...as for Deviant Art...I have an account there, but have never uploaded a picture to it, as I have nothing recent, or finished to upload. Therefore...I'm not sure.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~