The sexy and supernatural

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Human Wolf Eyes
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

The sexy and supernatural

Post by Human Wolf Eyes »

Usually, werewolves are always atractive, like, for example, Van Helsing, 'Women Of The UnderWorld' By Kelly Armstrong, etc, all have nothing but ATTRACTIVE werewolves, why is this? I mean, it seems to be...well...different, not EVERYONE in the world is perfect, so in the supernatural world, I don't think everyone is either, reality, some werewolves should be chubby, too skinny, not muscular...you get my idea, well, I think there should be at least SOME imperfect werewolves.
In the very midst of life,
whenever everything is hard,
grab the last thing a human would,
the shard to the forest
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Yes, this is a reacurring theme in movies.

However, this "perfection" factor is being covered in Freeborn, so not everyone is going to get bulging muscles. They will reflect their human form (ex: chubby person = chubby werewolf). So there will at least be one movie unlike the rest.

Also this topic has already been covered.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... php?t=2678
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Ashkin-Tyr wrote:Yes, this is a reacurring theme in movies.

However, this "perfection" factor is being covered in Freeborn, so not everyone is going to get bulging muscles. They will reflect their human form (ex: chubby person = chubby werewolf). So there will at least be one movie unlike the rest.

Also this topic has already been covered.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... php?t=2678
Hunh...it feels like that conversation happened AGES ago to me, but it looks like it was only a few months ago.

Anyway...we've picked up some new members since then, so I have no objection to anyone adding to it, either here or in the old thread, if they have any new ideas, or would just like to comfirm thier support for another allready mentioned.

...though I've allready added my two cents to the conversation (Plus a $1.02 tip), so I might just stay out this round.

...if I can resist, that is...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

There are a lot of ugly werewolves. But you're right...if one if ugly, they all are. If one is pretty, they all are. We need some variety! Ive seen both ugly humans and ugly wolves. Lets see some funny looking werewolves! :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well there are plenty of ugly humans out there...... but what if ..... if they are ugly as an human they make a right nice looking werewolf... :D

kind of like that ugly duckling story.... :wink:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

:duckie :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

White Paw wrote:well there are plenty of ugly humans out there...... but what if ..... if they are ugly as an human they make a right nice looking werewolf... :D

kind of like that ugly duckling story.... :wink:
Sure, why not?

...or how about a PrettyBoy Prick, or a Beauty Queen from Hell who is attractive as a human, but shows just how twisted of a beast they are on the inside when they transform...

...and when a nice guy tries to put an end to thier mishchif and mayhem, they bite him, expecting him to be cursed as a disgusting beast like them...only to have him turn into some mighty, majestic and beautiful Wolf Creature instead.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

:o Interesting...

You should write a short story like that Vuldari. I'd read it. Its a good idea.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Vuldari wrote:...or how about a PrettyBoy Prick, or a Beauty Queen from Hell who is attractive as a human, but shows just how twisted of a beast they are on the inside when they transform...

:lol: Great idea! Maybe they should turn into pigs or something! :D

I think facial features should try to be transposed into gestalt form as much as possible. It would be amazing to see a totally wolfish ww that actually still resembled its human form facially. 8)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kiba wrote:I think facial features should try to be transposed into gestalt form as much as possible. It would be amazing to see a totally wolfish ww that actually still resembled its human form facially. 8)
Morkulv has expressed great interest in seeing this as well. ...I think...

It's a wonderful concept, and if anyone can manage to pull it off without the result being exeedingly unpleasant to look at, I would love to see it too.

...but as of yet, I've not seen an example of anyone actually accomplishing this visual feat.

The closest I've seen are werewolves with recognisable hair/fur styles in both forms, or very distinctive eyes. Most other features are hard to translate over. ...exept in comics and other cartoon media.

The facial features on THIS guy, for example, are easily recognisable between both forms. But I am unsure of how well this could be done in a live-action environment, with REAL faces, or even Realistic ones in more detailed art.

=^.^'= ~
Human Wolf Eyes
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Mmm...good point, I just hope they put a variety in this movie they're makin, just to put a little 'WOW' into it, I think there should be a variety.
the shard to the forest
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Several possibilities:

1. A reaction to all the ugly werewolves we see in movies today.

2. The dogma of having to have every character in a story look attractive--it's a problem Hollywood taught us.

3. Werewolves to many of us represent an idealized state, so we tend to polish it up a bit, throwing in with our shapeshifting various other nicities. Regenerative healing is easy to explain if you can already accept shapeshifting. And, if you can take regenerative healing, then it's not much more of a leap to prolong life expectancy, cure cancer, stamp out diabetes and asthma, eliminate nearsightedness, and make the werewolf astonishingly healthy and buff. This does, of course, undermine the angst and anguish about the loss of humanity--but, unlike vampires, werewolves only lament for the first few chapters; by the end of the story, it's hard to imagine being without it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Black-Ravyn
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Aka Xaven (yes, from VLC)

Post by Black-Ravyn »

I think it's an unrealistic ideal many people have conjured up really. People generally associate supernatural themed individuals to be, well, 'perfect'. Especially when the main character is a supernatural being; in movies, to have them liked by the audience it makes sense to have them looking super pretty and what not.

But I understand what you mean. It is very unrealistic. If anyone wants to strive for a theme to be realistic they have to start with this 'I am supernatural therefore I must look super pretty'.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I don't have much to add, except this little thought for you to chew on. Pretty isn't always practical.

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Set wrote:Pretty isn't always practical.

IT'S FICTION. WHAT'S SO HARD ABOUT LETTING FICTION SLIDE??!!
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

That scared the living crap out of me, dude. :hsup
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

What a lovely man.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Kiba wrote:What a lovely man.
:? ??
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

Or a chubby human would have more muschles 'cause there is something to turn into a muschles. Someone wondered where the werewolves get the extra mass?
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Human Wolf Eyes
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Eh, real good points...... :lol:
the shard to the forest
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Fang wrote:
Kiba wrote:What a lovely man.
:? ??
Hahah!! :lol: That was a joke. I was reacting to Set's posted picture...in a sarcastic way.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Moonstalker wrote:Or a chubby human would have more muschles 'cause there is something to turn into a muschles. Someone wondered where the werewolves get the extra mass?
This is a very good point, fat is meant by nature as an energy reserve. So the transformation could take advantage of this and make a muscular werewolf, with a little extra fat maybe as even wolves arn't lithe muscle beasts. "ever see a wolf with a six pack?"
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Rhuen wrote:
Moonstalker wrote:Or a chubby human would have more muschles 'cause there is something to turn into a muschles. Someone wondered where the werewolves get the extra mass?
This is a very good point, fat is meant by nature as an energy reserve. So the transformation could take advantage of this and make a muscular werewolf, with a little extra fat maybe as even wolves arn't lithe muscle beasts. "ever see a wolf with a six pack?"
Maybe all the fat humans become muscular as wolves or gestalts (as the transformation converted fat to muscle), while the muscular humans have the (less efficient) energy source of their own muscles burned up in the process, becoming skinny werewolves.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Its always fun to think over the physical ramifications of a transformation.

But in the end a quantum-effect ends up coming about for some reason to save the day.

Or maybe something trully unique. The real problem is always where does the new mass come from. Animals that metamorph always eat constantly and in fact come out alot smaller than their transormed state, or have less mass at first.

Which makes the werewolf type of transformation trully unique as its a sudden change from small to big done quikly.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Kavik
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Kavik the Wolf-Boy
Mood: Busy

Post by Kavik »

I'll credit Howling II with having both ugly and attractive werewolves, in general it is a sad truth that all or none will be good-looking to the human pov.
:femshft :lovestruck:
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Give a man a poisoned fish, feed him for life.
- Crazy Ivan (aka Kavik)
http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=167865
http://www.geocities.com/crazy_ivan_thx11/Talbot.htm