The Lab

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

First the cold comes. Michael can feel the coolness of the the metal table he is on. He can feel the straps that bind him to the table. He can hear the heartbeat of a human, the breathing of a human and that oh so familar sound of scribbling. He slowly opens his eyes and sees his doctor watching his every move. He glares at her groggily and weakly growls. She grins and looks back down at her clip board. "Interesting...." She mutters to herself as she continues to take notes. Michael looks away and surveys the room. The walls are all white. There is a shelf on one wall and a facet on the other. Above the facet is a small cabinate. There are no windows in the room, just a vent.

Michael's doctor puts down her clip board and grabs a glass bottle and syring. "What are you going to do to me?" Michael's doctor just looks at him and then says, "Shut up you stupid mutt." Michael just stares at her and then growls. "Please" she says while rolling her eyes, "Honestly, do you think growling will help?" Michael goes to growl again but she already has the needle in his neck. Again, Michael feels a coolness and a lightheaded feeling. She grabs him by the muzzle. "Listen here you stupid animal, you have no rights, and you have no say in any matter. You are the property of the of this labratory and you will stay that way until....." She stops and pushes his muzzle away hard. He looks up at her with half closed eyes. She starts to grin. "Until what?" He says groggily. "None of your business." Michael finally loses concousness. His doctor goes to the intercom and instructs two guards to take Michael back to his holding cell. The two gurads coming in, unstrap Michael and drag him back to his cell. When they get there, they open the door and toss Michael in. He lands on the cement with a thud. The two guards then lock the cell and leave.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(OOC: Just to clear stuff up...I already PM'd Anook...

:lol: I was sending Anook a compliment because I thought the whole waiting to see what her character would be was a really good catch in the story to keep me reading.

Sorry my post sounded the opposite haha my wording always sucks. I'm better at expressing myself musically or just with images in my head. So don't expect 100% perfect descriptions in my rpg haha.

And thanks for letting me join; I have this week of almost nothing, just work and some assignments, so I should be active, but the week after is my birthday and I have to go back to Uni...Ill post whenver I can though! Hopefully each night.)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

((Okay Ill explain the species. Sorry if its long :( LET ME KNOW IF ITS OK

I've roleplayed with some of you before so this won't be new. It's pretty much a species I made up. And first off, no they aren't anything like vampires. They feed off energy, but they are not vampires. They work biologically differently to say humans or crocodiles for instance, but they reproduce the same way, it's just that it's difficult for them to produce healthy live offspring because there are so many genetic errors in DNA coding and transcription whatever. My character is a rarity because his parents were quite powerful so they had three kids.

They are a shape shifting breed and an ancient species. There are hardly any at all in the world...which is why the lab scientists were so happy to find one. They're thought to be a myth and aren't even well known in mythology.

There can be all sorts of animals but generally they all have monkey tails or slightly modified forms of those...ie a bird one might have a slightly feathered one, but their primate genes give them a monkey tail in their human form. They are genetically closer to humans of course than chimps. Some shape shift by the moon's energy, others use the sun, or feed off a lot of electricity or heat to do it.

They live for god knows how long...if they are under 200 they likely have little control over any powers whatsover. All are trained to control their shifting as kids by pack or family or flock or herd or whatever.

Since they feed off energy their anatomy is quite different. They reproduce the same -cough- haha and have the same respiratory system and nervous sytem...all that, but they don't have a digestive system, ie no intestines, no anus, no proper stomach, or bladder...so half their organs are missing though they have a huge 'stomach' which processes energy. Any excess energy can be used to shift or they radiate it as heat or electricity. If given too much, a young one would shift automatically and uncontrolled. Energy fuels the metabolism and warms them up like all mammals. They look pretty much human on the outside though, apart from the tail.

So basically what would their use be for experiments...well they have a lot of abilities latent. If they could use their energy feeding anatomy on your characters, (Id say it'd take years before they ever did enough research though so there's plenty of time to escape pretty quick before being dissected yuck...) then you'd be pretty powerful soldiers. It'd be a small advantage not to have to feed on only food but also energy sources around you...but an advantage nonetheless. For example if you were to give the crocodile shifter this ability, and force energy into him, he'd shift on the battle field when his masters need him to. If you gave one of the non shifters this, they might be able to harness the energy as electric shocks or heat balls but that takes a lot of training and my character can't do any of that.

Im not really feeling 100% creative so if it sucks, heh. They're not all powerful just so you know and my character is only very young. Its likely any of you could beat him up haha. I was gonna use Kirk although a bit younger as my 'character', if you don't mind. I know it's so uncreative, but he'd make a cool shifter, and Im pretty lazy sometimes. I don't know a heap about his real life personality, or his past, because I don't read up on articles and I forgot half the Metallica movie and seriously couldn't care less ... so anything I make up is just that, made up. I thought it'd be interesting if they feigned his death, a rockstar death. He's that important a species they had to do it.)

Anyway lemme know what you think, Im gonna go and post on some topics then learn more Jimi Hendrix songs...All Along the Watchtower
:headbanger:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

(I think its fine, but its really up to to silverclaw. :D
Anyways, I was planning on posting Chloe's transformation thing today, but I was busy, so I'll post it tomorrow.)
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

(Fine by me as well :) )
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(OOC: I will post then if you like, thanks :lol: Im sure Anubis will remember me too. This is only the second time I've actually roleplayed Kirk before, usually I have made up characters haha...like the nasty Meredith but she doesn't fit at all and I get pretty creative making characters and don't have much time to...a 21st tonight...I plan on vodka cocktails...my friend's 25th was pretty hilarious this year also. If my post sucks, I dont rp often so it's likely to be pretty poor. My apologies).

---------

There was another newcomer that day, not too long after Chloe had arrived. He looked almost ageless, he could have been eighteen, but he might also be thirty. He had long brown curly hair, was fairly short and thin, leanly muscled, with his species's characteristic monkey tail. He had been sedated and had only just woken up in his cell at the far end of the room. On the outside world, they'd faked his death. Randy Rhoads style, they'd crashed a small plane and said it was his band's private jet and that it was the driver's reckless behaviour. Everybody in the plane had 'died'. In actual fact, they'd forced one of their own scientists who had showed a small amount of sympathy to one of the subjects to suicide crash the plane into a building. (How disgusting).

Because he was so special for research, they'd taken the risk...because unlike most of the other patients (OOC: I won't assume you were all human before...in case you have plans not to have been) he wasn't born human, rather a very close relative, a shape shifter who fed on energy and aged so slowly they were nearly immortal, although their lifespan wasn't known. Within a few hundred years, an individual was usually extremely powerful in harnessing energy and were often called mages or sorcerers, but this particular one was only a cub, and had no such abilities at his age. It was the potential, however, for these abilities, that had landed Kirk in here. It was possible he might make a good soldier like the rest of these misfortunate creatures, but it was likely he'd be used for ongoing research to make the other creatures better more efficient soldiers. If they could harness such powers yet still be controlled, they would be able to accomplish anything.

Of course, Kirk had no idea where he was, or of any such intentions. He was still stoned from the sedative when he woke up, and still rather drunk from the night before. The sounds around him made no sense...he could vaguely hear Michael's growls and some voices, and the crying of several creatures. He could smell reptile, mammal and human, mixed in together, and chemicals. It reminded him of when he was eighteen and doing weed with his band. He lifted a hand and saw at least five of them.

"This isn't funny...who spiked my drink..." He slurred very quietly. A few moments later, he stood up and stumbled towards the bars and hung there rather grimly. He realised there was a bowl of food and water on the ground. The food he completely ignored. The water however he drank half of, and splashed the rest on his face to sober up. He could hear someone screaming in pain nearby, and smelt burnt flesh, but he couldn't properly register what was going on, so he slumped down by the bars and dozed, only slightly aware of his surroundings.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Kyo-San
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Finding my place in The Pack....

Post by Kyo-San »

((Hello all, I'm new to The Pack, and was wondering if I could join. I know it's a bit late, but I like these Animal DNA rp's and it seems fun! :D ))
"All is one and one is all.... The world is the all and I am THE ONE!" - Ed and Al Elrich.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

(Sure :D )
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Kyo-San wrote:((Hello all, I'm new to The Pack, and was wondering if I could join. I know it's a bit late, but I like these Animal DNA rp's and it seems fun! :D ))
Welcome to the pack :P
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

(Always great to see new people gettin involved. Welcome to this role play lass. And also welcome to the pack. - King)
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

(Good, new blood lck :lol: )
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

lck
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

(Who's turn is it to post anyway? Just wonderin'. -King)
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(I just did my intro post so it's not mine...just hope my post is okay and fits in, the screaming my character heard can have been any of your characters but I didn't specify just in case! Lemme know if anything wrong with it)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(Its my turn. I already have it typed up, but I need to make a couple of changes. School is taking up most of my time right now, but I'll try to get it posted by tomorrow afternoon or evening.)
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Kyo-San
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Finding my place in The Pack....

Post by Kyo-San »

((Thank you guys and girls! :D Thank you for the arm welcome! I have a questin as to the character I want to play. May I play a scientific person (She's not really a scientist) who has been experimented on? I'm working on giving her a back story so she has a good reason to be "outside the cage" so to speak. Thank again!
:D,
Kyo-San. ))
"All is one and one is all.... The world is the all and I am THE ONE!" - Ed and Al Elrich.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

(ooc:sounds fine to me :) btw, Welcome :D )
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Haha anybody gonna post? I have a lot more to post, but don't wanna until someone else has. Though Im gonna have less time next week too, I go back to Uni. I have my birthday on the third, too, so that's an entire day taken. If I'm slow, I'm sorry! :( )
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(ARGH! I'm so sorry everyone. I know I said I would post something a couple of days ago, but school has become very, very demanding. Since tomorrow is Friday, I'll see if I can post my response that evening. Like I said, I've already typed it up, but I need to make some changes. Sorry for causing trouble.
Oh, and I'm going to have to send you a birthday PM Kirk. :D )
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Anook wrote:(ARGH! I'm so sorry everyone. I know I said I would post something a couple of days ago, but school has become very, very demanding. Since tomorrow is Friday, I'll see if I can post my response that evening. Like I said, I've already typed it up, but I need to make some changes. Sorry for causing trouble.
Oh, and I'm going to have to send you a birthday PM Kirk. :D )
Haha it's cool, no one actually remembers my birthday...anymore than I remember theirs, or even my own sometimes. I swear I have sand in my head!

And as I said, I'm gunna be pretty slow too next week. I have to work two jobs and go to Uni. I remember how demanding high school was too. )
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Last edited by Anook on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Damn that was a great post Anook! Last time, I saw you saying you didn't know how to RP better, but you're far better than people I roleplayed with in the past.

I might post some more if no one minds, because I want my character to get his surroundings sorted out, because otherwise Im slowing the rp down if anybody wants to escape. It might be a really long post.)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(Thanks! :D :D Well, I did have some mistakes, but I did my best to correct them. I'm actually shocked that you liked my post. I mean, this is the first RP I've ever been apart of and when I started this one; I thought I wasn't going to be good at it.)

Go ahead and post some more on your character. :D
I have a feeling that our characters aren't going to escape anytime soon.)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

************!!!!

This was meant to be the post...I was gonna edit it so I didn't waste room. Im an idiot, my apologies.

:(
Last edited by Kirk Hammett on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

<b> Pack Drunk</b>