The Lab

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Michael had burried himself in the pile of mattress he had created. Everything on the outsided sounded muffled and faint. A little while ago he could make out talking and his name. He used his nose to push aside a chuck of fabric and dive deeper into his make-shift den. He starts to think about everything that had happend to him. Starting from the simple visit to the doctor and ending in this. Michael looks down at his pawed hands and whimpers. Just as he lays his head down, he hears his name again. This time it sounds different. Michael holds his breath to listen. "Jim!" He thinks. Michael pushes his way out of the top of his den. When he's out he looks around. Everything looks the same, except for the one wolf man that had just come back. Michael's ears go down in disappointment. Just as he starts to cover himself, he catches Jim's scent. He jumps out of his pile and looks around. "Jim?"
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Jim looks across the hall.
"Michael? What have they done to you?
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

Silverson realized that Toby had stoped talking to him. He glanced at the woman on the other side of his cell. She had introduced herself as Chole. "Welcome to H**l." He said not unkindly."I'm Jack Silverson. Most just call me Silver." His replitilian hearing picked up a familar voice. "Jim?" He questioned half to himself and moved towards the from of his cell. His crocodilian jaws poked through the space between the bars as he looked across from him to a black wolf. "How the h**l did you get here?" He realized that Jim may not remember him as his former partner. Especialy since they probably had faked his death. "I'm Silverson. Remember me?" His reptilian eyes looked at the wolf across from him. Then suddenly a deep pain shot through him. His form changed into that of a man. He was shorter in his now human form. He was 6'8 with shaggy black hair and light grey blue eyes. He was failry muscular. He had a silver earring in his left ear and was dressed in a white tank top and blue jeans. He waited for the pain to stop before he raised his gaze towards the wolf. This was the reason his chart didn't read complete. The unexpected yet painful shifting.

(I have a few moments to use a public computer. This role play is just to good to miss. I hope to be able to be fully here as early as Wed. Thank you for your understanding.-King)
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Michael stares at his uncle. "They changed me...." Michael's ears go down again. He begins to whimper as he looks down at his hands and feet. Then he look back up. "What have they done to you?" Michael glances over to someone he just realized was there. The man looks to be a crocodile. He looks at him curiously and then drops his gaze to the floor.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Toby retreated to the back of his cell, avoiding eye contact when all the guards, and doctors came in. That women doctor bothered him the most. 'What does she have against Michael anyway?' Soon, all personel left, taking the unconcious guard with them. 'Good one Chole," he thought to himself, trying to surpress a grin.
Toby's eyes widened with surprise as the large croc-like creature turned back into a human. "Whoa! Y-You can can shift?" he asked, pointed ears perked up. "Wish I could do that," he said, with a small smile. He sat back down on his bed. 'I havent been normal in so long now...' he reflected to himself. He wrapped his large bat-like wings around himself, using them as a blanket. Quietly, he watched and listened as a few of the other experiments reconized each other. 'Is it all just a coincidence?'
Cher started to stir again, raising up from her small bed. With a small groan she rubbed her head. "Hey," she offered as a greeting to all the newcomers. Wobbly, she got to her feet, trying to balance. They looked much more kangaroo-like now, with three, larged clawed toes. She looked slowly behind her. "Oh god..." she muttered, seeing her tail. She reached a hand to it, gingerly touching it. She flinched. Cher then put her hands around her muzzle, which had grown longer with the newest injections. Tears started to well up again in her eyes. She lifted her torn shirt up part way, staring in horror at the partial pouch that was now there. "I'm going to kill those b******s!!!" she suddenly roared out angrily.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

"They changed me too, I'm a wolf"
Then I saw the guy in the cell accross from me change.
"Silverson? Holy crap, I haven't seen you since."
Memories of what had happened floated back, He and Silverson had gone in on a robbery"I guess I wasn't the only one who wen't missing that day in seattle."

((Where are you going, I'm sorry to hear about your job, lousy know nothing school board))
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

"I think....." Michael is cut off as another wave of pain comes over him. He falls to the floor griping his stomack. Then his transormation complets itself. The hair from his arms and waist grow and murge at his chest. Then the hair grows up his neck and covers his face. His muzzle completes its growth and his ears shift more until they are ontop of his head. The fur all over his body starts to grow into long thick black fur. Michael waits a few seconds until the pain turns into a throbbing. He tries to stand but the transformation has taken a lot of his strength. He manages to look up at his uncle and whimper.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Chloe sat there listening to the others talk. “Why us?” She thought. “They could have picked anybody else in the world, but they picked us. What could have they possibly seen in us or me for that matter?” She looked down at the clomps of brown hair lying on the cell floor and she began to cry. She was turning into some creature and she couldn’t do anything about it. The shot Dr. Johnson had given her yesterday was now wearing off. Anger started swelling up within her once more and she didn’t know how to release it, except at lab personnel walking by. Chloe had not slept much since she got there. Most nights she lied awake and stared at the ceiling. She would watch as experiments were taken in and out of the lab and she waited, fearing her turn would soon come.

She slide to the floor against the cell wall and continued to listen. Chloe then looked up to see Michal finishing his transformation. He was in terrible pain and no one could help him deal with it; not even his Uncle.

Suddenly a horrible pain washed over her. She doubled over once again rapping her arms around her stomach. Her head started burning and her arms and legs started to go through terrible spasms.
The transformation lasted for several minutes and when she opened her eyes, she gasped in horror at what she saw. Her feet had arched a great deal and her hands and feet were callused. The last of her hair had fallen to the floor and she was now completely bald.. A short muzzle had form and the four sharp fangs had grown a little more and canines had begun to form.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the lab, Dr. Johnson and a few others were going over the charts and files of their experiments. They discussed which ones were complete and incomplete, how well they were responding to the serums, and how dangerous they were. When he got to Chloe’s he stopped. He remembered the unconsous guard lying on the floor and how they knew it was Chloe who lashed out at him.

“Sir?” Said his assistant. “Are you alright?” “Yes I’m fine.” He said. He then pulled out Jims chart with Chloe’s and pushed the others away. “This two could be a serious problem” He told the others.. “They are very violent and have unexpecting tempers.” “So do the others and the dragon is way more powerful then they.” said a fellow doctor. “Yes I know that, but neither he nor the others are lasing out at lab personnel now are they!”

“Chloe is responding very well to her treatments and pretty soon she will be fully transformed. We need to get control of her quickly before she is too strong to handle.” “What about the wolf?” said another.
“We’ll have to come up with something special for him. He has already killed and I’m sure he won’t hesitate to do it again.” “Isn’t aggression what you wanted?” Said a new assistant. Dr. Johnson sighed. “Yes aggression is what we want, but killing isn’t. These two need to learn who’s boss and quick.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
::Back in the cells::
Chloe laid sprawled out on the floor gasping for breath. A cold sweat covered her entire body. She then curled up into a ball and began to sob loudly. She called out to the others. “Why are they doing this!” She yelled. “What have we possibly done to dissever this?!”.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

"Michael! What's happening?"
Oh god, i thought to my self please let him be alright.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Michael closes his eyes and lays there. "I...don't know." Chloe's transformation catches Michael's eye. He watches as she goes through the same thing as he just did. Michael looks up at his uncle again. "Make sure she's ok, will ya?" Everything goes black as Michael passes out.

Just as Michael passes out, his doctor walks in. She walks to his cell and stands there waiting for Michael to take some notice. She starts to get irritated when he does not look at her. "Hey mutt boy, wake up!" She waits and still nothing happens. With a look of agervation she taps on the bars. Michael does not move. With a puff, she storms out of the room. A few minutes later she returns with two guards. The three of them stop at Michael's cell again. "This Black one?" Michael's doctor nods and taps her foot impaciently. The two guards unlock the cell's door and move in. The first guard goes to Michael and nudges him with his foot. Then he places two fingers on Michael's fur covered neck to check his pulse. "He's alive, just knocked out." Michael's doctor grins. "Perfect, now we can run some tests." The two guards grab Michael's rists and drag him out of the cell. They watch the other expirements carefully becuase of what happend with their co-worker. They push through the doors and into a test room. Then they lay Michael down and strap him in. The two guards leave the room and stand outside. Michael's doctor stays in, She grabs her note pad and pen and starts to jot down notes. She looks up from her note pad and grins
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(MMMM........who's turn is it? After my long post up there, I don't think I should post for awhile. Well, as least till somebody else posts.)
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

( Info coming to you via PM Fang.If anyone eles wants to know just PM me and ask.- King)

Silverson saw Toby's reaction. "Yeah, they call it a 'design' flaw. Whatever that means." Seemed like they got Jim too. He watched as Michael completed his trasformation and glared at the gaurds who took him away. He looked at Cher and wished he could comfort her. He then head Chole's questions about why them and what they could have done. He had been a really honorable officer with a tough work ethic and a drive to always get the bad guy. They had taken his life away from him and they enjoyed it. "They don't care who we are or where we come from. We're not human to them." The painful realization hit. He hadn't been human in a long time. "Jim, how long have you been here?" He asked at random trying to take his mind off of the hurtful thoughts that were crowding his mind. He felt a few stabs of pain and realized that he was about to transform back. He faught hard against it despertly clinging to what little resolve he had left. Sweat formed on his skin. The pain was evident.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I watched them take michael away, angry
"almost six years, ever since that raid we did on those drug trafficers. you?"
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Silverson looked at Jim. They had been pretty good partners. Silver would have laid down his life for Jim. Jim was one of the finest cops he knew. A surge of anger flowed through his vains. How dare they do this to them! He looked at Jim as he spoke about how long he'd been here. "About the same time. Seems like those b******s were in connection to this place." He observed Jim's lupine features and tried to make sense about why they would choose everyone here. Suddenly he felt as if he'd been stabbed in his stomach and back. Every bone in his body ached as his body transformed yet again. His vision went blury as the pain worsened. Going from human to crocodilian was always worse. He went to his knees as his legs lengthened and became more powerful. A powerful tail grew out behind him. His board snouth appeared filled with rows of bone crushing teeth. Soon knelt in the place of the once man was a large powerful crocodile highbreed. He let out a growl type roar and shook his head. It was as if he was reaclimating himself again. He blinked adjusting to his acute reptilian vision as he stood up looking at the others.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Jim watched in horror as silverson changed, his horor turned to rage, and rager to resentment. He hated what he had become, what they had done to him, how his family had felt and what his own government had done to all of them.
"Those bastards! We'll get them for this!"
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Chloe turned over and listened to Silverson. He told her how he was captured and that the scientist didn’t care about them at all. Instead of a sob or yell of anger; Chloe let out a growl that seemed to swell within her, then release in a thunder of noise when it came out. She jerked up in surprise. “Was that me?” She thought. Suddenly, Michaels annoying woman doctor trolled in. She waited for Michael to notice her, but when he didn’t she grew impatient. Chloe looked over and saw that he was currently knocked out . “Poor guy.“ She thought. “At least the Transformation is complete. He won’t have to go through it anymore.“ His doctor left, then came back with two guards. When Chloe saw one of them go in his cell and feel his neck, she stood up filled with concern.

When she learned that he was only knocked out; she sighed with relief. However, her body tensed up when they dragged him away and into the lab. Everything inside of her wanted to hurt them, for what they were doing to everyone. Feeling powerless, she then sat down on her bed and listened to the others talk. She looked down at her semi digitaeted, hairless feet/paws. “I’m a freak.“ She thought. “How can I ever show my face outside these walls.’’ She closed her eyes and let her mind drift away from that horrible place. She imagined herself back home, playing with her dog and getting ready for school. Her day dream was short lived when Dr. Johnson and four guards walked up to her cell. He stared at her partly transformed body.

“Remarkable.” He said. “Tell me, why is it that your transforming far quicker than the others? Is it anger built up from the day your mother left you?” He said real sly like. Chloe leaped up and lunged at them through the bars. She roared and growled with anger and hatred. She bared her fangs at them.
“Now, now, we’ll have none of that.” Said Dr. Johnson. He then motioned for the four guards to begin.
Chloe stepped back in horror as they began to open her cell. “I think we’re going to try a different approach. Said Dr. Johnson. You won’t be sedated this time.” As the guards opened the cell’s door; Dr. Johnson pulled out a metallic collar. “Its time to suffer the consciences of your actions.”

Chloe lunged at the on coming guards. She grabbed one and bit him in the neck, but then the others tazered her and started beating her repeatedly. Chloe then threw a punch at the guard blocking the entrance to the cell. She jumped out and turned her rage on Dr. Johnson. “GET HER!” He screamed. Chloe lunged at him, but in mid air, one of the guards grabbed her leg and pulled her to the ground.. The three that were left then jumped on her and started to beat her severely. There was nothing Chloe could do. There were too many and she wasn’t fully transformed and therefore wasn’t strong enough.

Cut, bruised, and broken Chloe lay there, coughing up blood and unable to move a thing. Dr. Johnson then knelt down and whispered in her ear. “Now, I hope we have a understanding.” He then put the collar on her neck and tightened it so that she couldn’t slip it off. “Put this creature back where she belongs .” He ordered. The guards drug out their wounded, then dragged Chloe back in. “Now, anymore trouble will result in one bolt of electrically down your spine. With that, he pulled out a remote control and pushed one of the buttons. At once a bolt of electricity traveled through her body. Chloe yelled out in unimaginable pain. Then lay there unconscious .
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Jim watched as they beat chole severley, he had had his own concerns, but now this was going too far.
In the scilence that came after, jim thought up his plan. "I'm going to play nice, for now and strike when the least expect it."
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Silverson hissed and growled at the gaurds, but nodded at Jim's wisdom. "I always hear two is better than one. Partners?" He offers Jim. Perhapse it was time for the two former partners to work together once again for justice.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

"hell yes, we stand a better chance of taking this place down if we work together"
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

"Agreed." He cast a look around seeing that the gaurds have gone he looked back to Jim with his reptilian eyes. "Any ideas. I agree the play nice for now option sounds the most promising."
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Chloe woke up to Jim and Silverson talking. She stood up and spite some blood out on the floor. "Look." She said angerly. "I don't care what you do, who you kill, or whatever, but you will leave Dr. Johnson to me."

She then turned and layed down on her bed. She did have some cuts and brusies, but they would heal. She was just glad nothing was broken.

Chloe soon fell asleep thinking of the others and how sad it was that, they weren't all in this together. "Whatever." She thought, and turned over and fell asleep.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

((OOC: Hey can I join? Is it too late to? Ill meld it into the story. Haha I was waiting for ages to see what Chloe would become, this is a pretty cool story...it's something I fear a lot, these labs, testing on humans and animals...I rescued 17 mice from a lab once, from the University.

I was thinking my character has just been caught, he isn't human to begin with, I've already roleplayed the species out. If they do tests on him for his abilities to draw energy and stuff, they might be able to use this on your characters to better the process as scientists are always doing. So I guess the aim for my character would be to escape to prevent that, as well as being stuck in a cage isn't fun for them I guess :lol: or being poked with needles. He's not all powerful, but has traits that are useful for studying for this particular project.

Let me know what you think anyway and whether I can join. I havent roleplayed for a bit. :P )
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

(I think it could be interesting. It would be up to Silverclaw to have the last word though. I personaly have found this role play to be the best I've ever been involved with. We have not only a wonderful story but awesome role players. :D - King)
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

edit
Last edited by Anook on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

(ooc: thanks Daystar :D And sure you can join Kirk! Just jump in whenever :D btw, havent been around lately cause of school, work, paper, ect :P Blah)

Cher leaned against the bars of her cell. Watching the guards cautiously. A low growl rumbled in her throat as she watched them beat and electracute Chloe. "One day..." she muttered to herself. To help relieve some anger, she racked her claws down the concreate wall beside her. Just one more set of claw marks that covered her walls. Soon the guards left, and two workers with food charts came in. Silently, they placed a bowl of slimy looking food and a bowl of water on the ground. They would slide them into a small slot on the floor into each cell with a long metal pole. They left as silently as they came; the main lights turning off behind them; only two dim lights stayed on. Everyone but a few guards was turning in for the night. Cher slid down to the ground once they left. "So, whats your plan then?" she asked, folding her arms. Toby picked up his food bowl, giving it a distasteful sniff before digging in. 'Hunger is the best spice I guess,' he thought to himself.