The Lab

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

(Please excuse me for being slow. I had a car wreck and just got hom from the hospital. I'll wait for another post and then post something. I have a few things in mind. Wonderful posts everyone.- King)
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

(:o woah, that sucks, glad you're alive :D )
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

(I'm glade your alright! I remeber I had to stay in the hosipital over night when I had four-wheeler accident.)
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

(first I want to say: Ditto, I'm glad your ok! Second I want to appologize for the absents. My computer has been malfunctioning and I'm trying to get it fixed and school has taken up most of my time...even weekends. :x :cry:
I'll try to get on more often, ok?)

A snarl rips through the blackness in Michael's mind. Michael's eyes fly open and he tries to move. His heart starts to pound as he realizes that he can't move. Something deep within tells him to fight or be killed. He uncontrolably starts to growl and strains to move. Slowly he stands and positions himself on all fours, ready to fight just like a wolf would. The snarling continues and Michael looks over to the cage across from Chloe. He focuses and sees another that looks like Jim and himself. Michael slowly shakes his head. He walks to his cage's bars and collapses. Michael growls, "Don't waste you energy.....it's pointless."
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(WOW! Excellent post Kirk! Your transformation was far for detailed than mine. Eh...its hard for me to explain the transformation in a way that you guys will be able to understand and see in your mind when you read.)
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Thanks but it wasn't better than yours. I think I was kind of mad when I wrote that, emotional, because I had a huge mental/phantom shift. Like those that therians and also non therians experience. I felt the shift myself...anyone get that when they are writing or making stories in their heads? I've had the funny one where my usual character Meredith becomes like a dragon or something, and I'll feel it happen to me.

And I saw your transformation fine, trust me. I feel your characters pain and fear, which makes you a good writer. You all write very, very well.

EDIT: Eh! I just read that DayStar! How sucky is that! I hope you are okay. Hospitals are so boring. And the food is disgusting. I hope you kept yourself occupied, you poor thing.)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

(Thank you all for your concern. I had a bit of a rough time, but I am finally up full force. It's a go lads and lasses. Alright, now that I've lost track. Who's post is it? - King)
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

(Who knows, we've been playing it by ear since you left)
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(Fang, I think its your turn. You haven't posted in awhile and then I think I'll be Daystars. I'm not going to post untill someone else does. My turn has already come and gone. I mean, I already wrote a huge thing up there.)
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

(I posted......)
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

*Jim looked at Silverson* "Playing nice sucks. We need to get the hell out of here, soon"
*He went over and dropped on his cot*
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Silverson looked back to Jim and nodded slightly. His mind was going a thousand different directions. He knew that he would have to be on his toes in order to survive what was coming. He looked around at the group. They all stuck him as mismatched. Why did they choose everyone that was behind these bars? He still found himself thinking. He peered through the bars thinking.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Do we need to post in order? Ill post anyway, it wont be very long, I have very limited time on here today, but tell me if I should be waiting or whatever, Im not sure how it's working).

The angry Gestalt wolf saw Michael, but his mind wasn't there, just his rage. The wolf finally ran out of energy, he hadn't eaten in days and he'd just spent the collar's electrical energy on the shift and trying to break the bars apart. He shifted back into his normal form. He'd managed to shift his clothes, by unexplained, non scientific means (Saves the whole being naked every single time thing inconvenience...so they become sort of part of his fur, so he -looks- naked in wolf form but isn't when he turns back...Animorphs books haha). He lay on the ground, breathing heavily, tired. He looked at Michael, suprised somewhat by what he saw, but he was too tired to speak.

EDIT: (Just in case anyone wants one, I have pictures of the guy Im playing...lets hope he never finds this site...though Im sure he'd laugh at it)

http://www.metallica.com/ivergence/Image/1995-97_1.jpg
(The guy with the black curly hair on the er...I dunno my right from my left, being ambidextrous haha.)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/ ... st/wtf.jpg(The short one...that guys pretty massive)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/ ... ica80s.jpg(He's a lot younger there, the dude with the censored shirt with the black hair)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a364/ ... huslap.gif
(That isnt Kirk, that's Pikachu, because I thought it was funny.)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

(There isn't any order, well non that I know of anyway.)
Michael looks back at Kirk after he changes back and lets out a low growl. "I told you not to waste your energy." Michael shakes his head and calmly breaths in. He holds it for a second and then slowly breaths out. He focuses back onto Kirk. "So what's your story and who are you?" Michael stands on all fours and unvoluteerly walks in a circle. Then he plops down and curls his tail around to his head. He watches Kirk with curiosity as he waits for an answer.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Im gonna post only because you're directly speaking with me and I happen to be on since my damned Astronomy thing didn't work out tonight due to cloud cover...is that okay?

If not tell me, and I'll wait for others next time, so I guess there's not too much reading for you to do).

----

Kirk looked up at Michael, who was speaking in his wolf form. What was this? Was he trapped in that form, and how did he form words? He couldn't speak in his Gestalt form or his full wolf form, he usually used mind communication or just wolf communication with other werewolves.
"I didn't hear you tell me that, I can't control my shifting sometimes." He admitted, sitting up. "I'm Kirk and I was born like this, so I guess whatever sadistic -inserts several swear words here- captured me assumed they could use me. I was in a band. What about you?" He tried to remain calm, but he was angry and didn't like being confined in here. He almost didn't believe he was even here, that he'd wake up hungover the next morning. His head was sore from his current hangover.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

(I'll try to post something when I can. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon.)
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Kirk Hammett wrote:(Im gonna post only because you're directly speaking with me and I happen to be on since my damned Astronomy thing didn't work out tonight due to cloud cover...is that okay?

If not tell me, and I'll wait for others next time, so I guess there's not too much reading for you to do).

----
(Ummmm.....I guess that's ok. But honestly I have no idea what your talking about.....maybe I'm just slow? :?
Oh and my character is in Gestalt form.....well close to wolf but there are still some human features to him.)
Kirk Hammett wrote: Kirk looked up at Michael, who was speaking in his wolf form. What was this? Was he trapped in that form, and how did he form words? He couldn't speak in his Gestalt form or his full wolf form, he usually used mind communication or just wolf communication with other werewolves.
"I didn't hear you tell me that, I can't control my shifting sometimes." He admitted, sitting up. "I'm Kirk and I was born like this, so I guess whatever sadistic -inserts several swear words here- captured me assumed they could use me. I was in a band. What about you?" He tried to remain calm, but he was angry and didn't like being confined in here. He almost didn't believe he was even here, that he'd wake up hungover the next morning. His head was sore from his current hangover.
Michael perks his pointed ears up. "You didn't hear me say that, yet you answer the question that was never there, correct?" Michael grins a little. "Shifting? You can shift?" Michael looks down and a sad look comes over his features. He looks up at Kirk again. "My name's....." Michael hesitates a little and he doesn't understand the reason for it. ".....Michael and they did this to me....."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Ummmm.....I guess that's ok. But honestly I have no idea what your talking about.....maybe I'm just slow?
Oh and my character is in Gestalt form.....well close to wolf but there are still some human features to him.)
(OOC: What I mean is that will others get angry if we keep posting back and forth before anybody else does, and does it matter if it isn't our 'turn'? :P I suck at expression, which is why I barely passed my last Uni essay and why I write so much music. And I had Gestalt form at first for you but I wasn't sure so I thought 'wolf' would cover anything haha!

No hurry Anook...Im getting a bunch of posts in now while I have a chance, cause I might not next week!)

----

"Yeah I'm a shape shifter by species, and it's nice to meet you, Michael." Kirk would have shaken his hand if he could have reached. "Don't mind me asking but...if you can't shift, what are you? All of you? What do they do here in this lab? Since the scientists aren't foreign, I'm guessing we're still in America?" He looked a little frustrated as he stood up and investigated the bars and the oh so boring cell. At least he had made a new friend. He wanted to play guitar and knew if he didn't soon, he'd become moody and tense.

(I honestly myself get extremely twitchy when I haven't played guitar...any behaviour he has when he hasn't for a while isn't abnormal for a lot of guitarists :lol: )
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

(lol, like I said before, I don't think there are turns. But I see what you mean. I honestly don't think anyone will get mad if we post back and forth. If anyone wants to join in on the conversation they can, nothings stopping them....well nothing I know of anyway.)

"Nice to meet you too Kirk...." The tension in Michael's jaw starts to looses then it tightens again when Kirk starts asking questions. "I don't mind." Michael takes a calming breath. "I am....apparently a wolf. Everyone here is something else depending on what those scientists injected them with." Michael watches Kirk as he gets up with a frusterated look on his face. "The scientists here....expirement on us...changing us. Everyone here..... we were all human at one time but now...." Michael looks down at his pawed hands. "This place, this lab, it's location and those people are all unknown to us."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(If they tell us to stop, I will obligingly :D )

Kirk nodded and scratched his head, thinking on Michael's words carefully. He sat on the edge of his bed and rested his tail, which was always moving, on the bed sheets.

"So I wonder what they want me for. They don't know much about my kind, obviously; they wouldn't have zapped me with this," He indicated the metal collar on his neck "Because it just feeds me. Sure, it hurts like hell, but it fed me and if they were using that out in the open, I could probably kill them if I shifted, pretty fast." He hoped no one could hear them talking. The cameras he guessed were more visual than listening ones anyway. He went to the bars again. "But we should keep that quiet." He paced in front of the bars for a few minutes. "I'm bored." He muttered. "Doesn't it get very boring here? Or do those -insert more bad language here- keep you on your paws?"
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

(Ditto)
Michael tilts his head. "Your kind?" He starts to think and then decides that Kirk is right. This isn't the best time to talk about that. Michael lays his head down on top of his paws. "Boring?" He looks down. "I haven't thought about being bored......to busy thinking about what will happen to us after all this is over.....if it ever ends that is."

Suddenly Michael's doctor walks into the room. (Ok I think I will name her, cause saying "Michael's doctor" gets kind of boring :lol: Her name will be Dr. Millerton, or Millerton for short) Michael's eyes dart quickly to her. He can feel the fur on the back of his neck start to bristle as she walks to Kirk's cell. She peirs in and takes out her note pad. Millerton keeps her distance from Kirk's cell, becuase of what she saw him do in the video and what her two fellow scientists had told her. "Interesting..." She mutters to herself. When she finishes her notes, she turns to see Michael glaring up at her from over his bristled tail. She walks over casually. Michael growls. "What do you want?" Millerton just stands there looking at him. "Why should it matter to you? Mutt." She grins as she sees the fury build in Michael's eyes. She turns her back on him and then begins to walk away. Then she stops and without turning she speaks. "I think I will have the guards install a shock collor on you too Michael." Millerton grins to herself and then walks out the door.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

(Haha Anook who -doesnt- mispell? Im sure my grammar sucks and my spelling and typing sucks sometimes as well.

Especially when Im drunk...cough...

Time for a long post, I have time! Been out all day -tired- and will be every single day this week :( )

-------

As Millerton scribbled notes, Kirk merely looked at her and smiled; it didn't reach his eyes. It was a cold smile, not evil or cruel, but it was the sort of look given to one who knew they were guilty of something treacherous as Millerton of course was. Everything Millerton stood for went against all of Kirk's morals; he was an animal lover, a humanitarian and he despised labs. He watched her threatening Michael and Chloe and his eyes flashed. He could sense the pain from these tortured people, and it was overwhelming him. He stood up finally and stood on top of the bed, reaching to the light source. He ran his fingers gently over it, feeding off it, but it didn't give much energy, just enough to stay alert.

Three more scientists appeared. One of them gaped at Chloe for a minute, he hadn't seen her new form yet.
"Should we get a chew toy for the mutt," One other indicated Michael; it was a joke to them about Michael and Jim, "And perhaps a bell for the tiger's collar?" He laughed.

Kirk watched them enter his cell. He wondered what they would do with him now? They were typical looking, with white lab coats, stained in several places all in a day's work, and pens in the pockets. They held chains, and he frowned. To chain a shape shifter was one of the most degrading things that could be done. He knew these people in this lab had already been degraded. He didn't even put collars on his dogs or cats; they were all chipped, something he didn't agree with but preferred over a collar. Three men could overpower him; he hadn't eaten for a long time and was tired still; he refused to eat the food they'd given him.

"You better stay still, werewolf." One of them hissed. The term 'werewolf' wasn't entirely correct, but he didn't say anything. He let them put the chains on his neck, he guessed they feared any strength he might have because they held him with two chains on either side like one might a fighting dog or a vicious big cat. He couldn't attack anyone without being choked either way. He ignored their taunts and let them lead him out; at least he'd get to see this place. He wasn't far however when the rage and pain and despair of the people around him made him feel sick. It fed into him, and his calm exterior started to fray. His kind were very empathic.

Kirk put his hands on his head and stopped, despite their tugging. "What have you done to them?" He shouted. The man in front swore at him viciously and tugged on the chain, choking him. The other sent a shock through Kirk's collar. Despite the raging pain, Kirk managed to focus, and he laid both his hands tightly on the metal chain in front of him, his anger sending the energy shooting right through the metal molecules and straight into the scientist in front. The scientist gripped it tightly, as electricuted people tend to, and then was flung back forcefully into the wall. He wasn't dead, but stunned. The other two looked at each other in shock. Kirk turned around, he might not be very tall, but he smashed his fist into the first, breaking his jaw.

In the end, they had to tranquilise him to get him back in his cell. By this time, they'd worked out that the collar was feeding him, but they weren't too sure about him still. If they could use his abilities on the others, even if they couldn't shift with the exception of the crocodile shifter, they could force, with a shock collar, energy into them to make them fight better. The pain would enrage them into a killing mode...or so they'd try and program into them via their training...and then the extra energy would make them stronger. But that'd require years of study, but it was time they had.

Kirk slept the tranquiliser off and then remained hidden under the covers of his bed. He spent two hours trying to extract more energy from his collar, but the small metal thing remained a small metal thing and his energy craving made him shiver. In the end, he pulled his bed up so no one outside the bars, with the exception of the cameras perhaps, could see him. He put the blankets on the floor behind the bed and curled there and tried to sleep, with no success.

(It's an interesting concept I guess...I doubt they'd ever get that done fast though, but it gives Kirk a good use I guess. Energy doesn't always make him shift so much, it can, but usually makes him stronger in any case. If they could make your characters feed off it like he does, then force it into them on the battlefield, they'd have a huge advantage. They don't have to be shifters. Any food that they eat gives them energy, but the fastest energy comes from heat, light, electricity etc. They'd probably escape before that happened successfully though, it'd take so many years of research.)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Silverson watched the cruelty doned out by the scientist and gaurds. He hissed as a scientist passed his cell. She backed away. All of the scientist seemed to be pretty jumpy lately. As the gaurds tranqualized Kirk he smashed the bars with his powerful tail. The impact made a deafing clang. He did that a few more moments before he stoped and glared with reptilian eyes at the gaurds.

(Sorry for the short posts. Several of you have made gaurd characters or doctor characters which I didn't feel comfortable in deciding their reactions. So, if you have a reaction for your character please do post it. :) Thanks. - King)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

DayStar wrote:
(Sorry for the short posts. Several of you have made gaurd characters or doctor characters which I didn't feel comfortable in deciding their reactions. So, if you have a reaction for your character please do post it. :) Thanks. - King)
(It's ok, out of anyone I made up, you can act all of them, just not Kirk because thats my main character; the others are for anyone to share, I guess. And don't worry, I don't always post long either, I just had something to do there! :D

Ill post their reaction if you like, but in future you can do what you want with them, I have no set plan for them or anything and whatever they do to your character is of course your choice, if they do anything or not and what they do)

--------

The guards were jumpy; they twitched from the tail impact. After they'd put Kirk away, they returned to Silverson's cell.
"You better watch your tail, reptile." One of them said cruelly under his breath. "Being a shifter yourself, a flawed one, I think we might experiment on you for our new plan first. What makes you tick?" He smirked, though he still seemed shaky, and they walked off, laughing.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>