How's the weather in your area? How about gas prices?

The place for anything at all...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

It's nice a cold here, only bad thing is we are entering into an icestorm..The last one knocked out our power for days :P The gas is back below 2.00 at least, but I can already see the ice gathering on the powerlines :cry:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Oooh, that's right, you're in the Corn Belt. More biofuel stations out there than on the West Coast.

I think your ice storm is the front edge of the system that brought us snow a couple days ago. It's a fast-moving front (thankfully).
ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

vrikasatma wrote:Oooh, that's right, you're in the Corn Belt. More biofuel stations out there than on the West Coast.

I think your ice storm is the front edge of the system that brought us snow a couple days ago. It's a fast-moving front (thankfully).
Really? That's just grand to know.. :P My sister lost power at her house..I can only hope we aren't next :(
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Well, we survived the teens last night. The good news is, the snow survived too, it's been around for four days now. I'm fairly jazzed :)

I'm staying at home today to catch up on housework, but I will go out from time to time to cavort :D

Edit: Yikes, DarkWolfeh, I just read an article on your ice storm!! 1.5 inches!!! :o :(

I am officially ceasing my griping about the ice here. Keep warm out there, don't drive, go ahead and turn up the thermostat. Yes, it's a higher energy bill but what's the point of freezing your a** off just to save a few dollars? You're worth more than that.
Last edited by vrikasatma on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

it's supposed to be -25 degrees here in Colorado tonight.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, it's -8 degrees where i am... man, this weather is sucky... sumtimes i really hate idaho...
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

The weather was good tady, it was about -10 on the top of Copper Mountaion where I was boarind today. I just want more snow and a little warmer weather.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I heard that it's going to be 30F here in L.A. tonight. 30F! :lol:
My lil sis and I stuck a cup filled with some water outside..
Maybe it will freeze :D
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

man, bw, i wish i was as amazed by ice as you and your sis... we've had icy roads all december, but hardly any snow... and what we have had has sucked, 'cause it melts a lil, then gets all kinds a footprints and garbage in it, then freezes into super slippery ice.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

That's what happened here.

Okay, rant time against a local business. This tire shop that's all over the place here advertised $39.99 chains with the deal that if you didn't use them all winter, you could return them and get your $40 back in April. Right. If we knew we weren't going to use the bloody chains, we wouldn't buy them in the first place, right?

So I hear we're going to get a hard freeze and I went in to get the deal. Guess what! The $40 chains don't fit my tires, so the business sells me the $90 set, and didn't bother to tell me that chains don't do bugger on ice and in fact break under those circumstances. So it snows, hard freeze, I'm ditty-bopping around, and the chains break on me. Take 'em back and they refuse to refund me, they give me a new set of chains and THEN tell me that chains don't work on ice, they work only on packed snow "for the cushioning."

Well, I have a 4x4 with aggressive traction all-terrain tires so I don't need chains, and now I'm STUCK with $90 chains that I have no use for. I'm putting in a call to the state's consumer advocate on Tuesday and busting that business like a cheap and useless chain! :x
ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Man we been without power for alil now so I just lay in bed till it came back on an it did..thankfully.. :P This icestorm won't be moving out till tommorow morning about 6am they say..But this coming week doesn't look to promising either..Not to mention last night my sister freaked out an left the house, an scared us all half to death. So her husband asked me to watch the girls while her went to look for her...You see My sister an her husband lost power at their house an we are all squeezed into my moms house, but it's alot of stress on all of us..So I was in the living room with the girls all night an they didn't sleep to well, because they are sleeping in a pack an play, not their beds, but we can't lug their heavy beds back an forth..So I didn't sleep well cause I was cookin from this heat running in here :P My room stays nice an cold, but I could sleep at all..Anywho I just got up an the power is still one here..My sister had end up going back to her house, still without power mind you an are working on setting up their new generator they bought an now my mom is up an so am I..Finally got some sleep :Jester3: I just hope our power stays on for us.. :(
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

its 78 degrees outside im im here stuck inside at work FREAKING SUCKS :P :x
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

man, you're lucky! when i got up this morning to go to church, it was -9. and now, it's gotten warm so it's like 14 or 15 degrees.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

It's 30 outside now, snow's still around and we're supposed to get down to 18 tonight. It hovered around the low 20's yesterday, so we're <i>kind of</i> warming up...a little...relatively speaking of course.

No matter. Got cat, got chocolate chai, got Mozart, got laundry...
ImageImageImageImage
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

supposed to get a winter storm tomorrow, down round -12
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070115/ap_ ... nter_blast

I like the fact that the guy in the photo's name is Tim Curry. Wonder if his parents were Rocky Horror fans?

We lost someone about fifty miles south of here to a skid on black ice a couple nights ago. She was driving with her father and skated right into a jacknifed semi. I know the area the accident happened in and I am NOT surprised at all. Once you get out of Lane County and into Douglas County, you're pretty much Hansel and Gretyl making their way through the woods. Still sad, and scary.

When I get into a house, I am SO getting studded tires and storing them in the garage between winters. Snow rocks but we get ferocious ice around here. :(
ImageImageImageImage
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Snowing, cold and snowing
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

its about 68-72 today.. :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

It should not be this warm in January. It's in the bloody 70's. If any of you think the weather has gotten all out of whack, well, it has.

Not solely for the reason you're probably thinking of though. There's a lot more to the pattern than just "hot" and "cold".
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Friday, the 19th

Post by RedEye »

It was in the seventies here today in Kalifornia, and is expected to drop down to the low 50's tonight.
Don't envy us here: We pay more for everything, and the weather you folks get is usually tried out here first...which may mean there's a warming trend on the way to you folks east of us.
Gasoline is still at $2.50-$2.60 here, and the legislature is thinking of putting another few cents tax on it, so they can spend it on other things.
As a sort of explanation about the weather, last Monday it froze at night, and barely got up to fifty degrees during the day. Now, it's in the seventy to eighty degree range with nights at around fifty or so.
That means that we have to have clothing for every damn season ready to go at a moment's notice...we do not get to put the summer stuff away and only use the winter gear, We have to have everything ready. In a way, I sort of envy you folks that have seasons that last more than a few hours....
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

It's been the upper 40s to the mid 30s here. Typical Oregonian winter pattern, but we're due for some rain. Only had to put three layers on to go riding this afternoon.

Gas prices are holding steady at around $2.60 a gallon. I got sick this afternoon when I had to tank up my car after a week and a half, I only got 251 miles out of a 19-gallon tank! :( :x That's a grand total average mileage of 13 MPG :x :x :x Then again, I opted to run the heater through last week. It was that or turn into a wolfcicle... :(
ImageImageImageImage
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

-6, sun rising Ice and snow from yesterday (it was raining and snowing) our school parking lot was under an inch of water so it'll be all ice
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

too cold and too high.