Star Wars the tv series

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Star Wars the tv series

Post by wolfenknight »

George Lucus is now casting for the Star Wars tv series that will air sometime next year. rumor is Hayden Christensen might be reprise his role in Anakin/Darth Vader. But the series is suppose to take place between Eps 3 and Eps 4. I'm hoping that this might be a good series to see when it airs next year. :)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I feel sick just thinking about it.

Lucas allready killed the franchise with the "Special Edition" alterations to the original films, and the garbage scripts he wrote for episodes 1-3 (I liked Pod-Racing and Darth Maul and that was about it.)

...it's probobly going to be like "Smallville" with starships and wookies...

*shudders*
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

it's not his fault the movies sucked, it's the actors' :P
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

no no its lucas's after he had kids he went all "soft" han didnt shoot first, etc. it was after that that he made the first through second movies so KIDDIE not good kiddy as in "bambi" as in BAD "kiddie" like teletubbies, the third movie was a comback though
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Fang wrote:it's not his fault the movies sucked, it's the actors' :P
Natalie Portman, Frank OZ (voice of Yoda), Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson, James Earl Jones (voice of Vader), and Ian McDiarmid did just fine...

...dont blame them for Lucas giving them awful lines to say, and BS scenes to play out.

Seriously...you can't blame Mr. Sam Jackson for the totally lame death of his character that was written into the script. He was just doing what he was told.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Oh... no :o

MOM!... hollywierd is doing it again!
THE GAME

My Armory
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

What?! Oh, dear Lord. Please, make the pain stop! :sickpup:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:VERYcaf:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

We already tried this once, didn't we? Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

The time period between 3 & 4 is going to suck even more. That's basically the Jedi genocide.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Terastas wrote:We already tried this once, didn't we? Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

The time period between 3 & 4 is going to suck even more. That's basically the Jedi genocide.
I actually liked the animated Clone Wars series more than episodes 2 and 3.

...and I don't think so Terastas. It seemed to me that Lucas foolishly crammed the entire "Genocide" of the Jedi into that one brief scene where the clone troopers shot them in the back, and later Anakin wiped out whomever was left on the capital planet. If they have any jedi, besides Yoda and Obi-Wan, in the TV series, it will only be a handfull, I think.

(I still think it would have been cooler if Vader, in the black suit, wiped out the Jedi masters himself with his shiny new red light saber...but instead, all we got to see black-suit Vader do in Episode 3 was speak some of the worst diologue in movie history...what an awful movie that was...)

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I'm sorry, but Star Wars as a TV series doesn't sound like it would work at all. It just doesn't seem 'epic' enough.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Offhand, I find that the biggest problem is the fact that there are so many preconceptions found in this world, real and otherwise.
Now, I would not ever be able to disagree that there are parts that George Lucas wrote that could have been improved, you must also recall that it was *his* dream, *his* vision that he was *expressing* to others. You honestly don't have to enjoy it, but I'm sure that he would appreciate it.
Besides, with a multi(-million, -billion?) dollar company, you really think that he would not be able to do just about anything [censored] thing he wants?
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Hey, wait a minute. Wasn't there a live action Star Wars TV show back towards the end of the 80s? It was called "Ewok Adventure" or something like that (I think). It was about a family who's ship crashes on Endor and are forced to try to survive with the help of the Ewoks. No Empire, no Rebellion. It was more like Land of the Lost meets Star Wars episode VI. Does anybody remember this thing, or am I imagining it? It's real hazy to me. It probably sucked so hard that I've managed to repress it.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

RIP Starwars

In Loving memories of the force :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its rediculous how they try to drain the life out of a master piece untill it will be consider as a crappy series overall.

Better to burn out than fade away.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Uniform Two Six wrote:Hey, wait a minute. Wasn't there a live action Star Wars TV show back towards the end of the 80s? It was called "Ewok Adventure" or something like that (I think). It was about a family who's ship crashes on Endor and are forced to try to survive with the help of the Ewoks. No Empire, no Rebellion. It was more like Land of the Lost meets Star Wars episode VI. Does anybody remember this thing, or am I imagining it? It's real hazy to me. It probably sucked so hard that I've managed to repress it.

Yup. This is it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087225/

Don't forget the animated version.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088515/

Also the Clone Wars they had on CN.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361243/
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

I am withholding any judgments until I see an episode for myself. I rather not judge it on preconceptions.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I loved clone wars. Episode 3 could have been better but wasn't as bad as episode 2. I am excited about for no other fact then well I am a little fan girl.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I'm actually FAR more exited about the anouncement of the new SPACE BALLS TV show comming next year. THAT at least has a chance of being Good.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/733/733914p1.html

=^.^'= ~