1990's Pump up the Volume

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

1990's Pump up the Volume

Post by Chance »

A song reminded me of this movie and I had to search it out to watch it. It had been a really long time since I watched it, it had been one of those quintacential teenage movies you watch growing up. Frustration, rebelion, young love, the odd one out, all those things you feel as a teenager just completely embedded in this movie.
The fashion at the time, I was the one wearing those black and while striped tights, mismatching clothes, it was an expression of an inner awkwardness, the not wanting to conform. I don't doubt it helped in the "odd one out" area as well. But I was ok that. The feeling that you could make a change, be change, express to others the wrongs of being a teenager and find some empathy with your fellow odd ones.
Being a teenager did SUCK, but it was also a time of uplifting uncertainty, if that makes any sense.That's when everything felt possible, didn't know how you were gonna do it , you only knew there was a chance you could.
This movie is totally center on my teenage years, in all aspects. It really never got it's due, in a way. i guess the early 80s had theirs and this movie isnt one I would compare to those john hughes movies, it has a different feel. Maybe because it was in my teenage years I can relate to it a bit more.It's grittier? Doesnt always have that everythings ok feel. Breakfast club is more character based where this movie is more big picture. Christian Slater the bad boy, smart guy was a total hotty back then :lol: