"Permanent Werewolf" as a medical procedure?

The place for anything at all...

Would you submit to a medical proceedure to gain permanent (non-shapeshifting) lupine features?

Yes. Full Gestalt form (AKA: The Works).
32%
Yes. Some changes, but mostly human in appearance.
11%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
16%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
8%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
33%

Total votes: 63

Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

not as bad as i thought (I thought it would be in the $100,000 range)
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

think 450,000 up to 1 mil
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

http://home.telepath.com/~wanderer/imag ... vices.html
scroll down and look at their table
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

OK, it would entail huge lifestyle changes, but, well, I'd go for "the works." I'd probably have to go for a new line of work afterwards; a creature that's as much wolf as human would make a scary ER physician.

I could be a surgeon. "I said 5-0 Vicryl! This is Prolene! Awrooohhh!!!" Rip! Slash! "Dang it, I'll need to re-scrub again." The OR nurses might not even notice anything unusual about me.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

You coul comfort those people who are terminally ill, who wouldn't want to pet a big fluffy wolf, you'd be a medical marvel
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Scott Gardener wrote:OK, it would entail huge lifestyle changes, but, well, I'd go for "the works." I'd probably have to go for a new line of work afterwards; a creature that's as much wolf as human would make a scary ER physician.

I could be a surgeon. "I said 5-0 Vicryl! This is Prolene! Awrooohhh!!!" Rip! Slash! "Dang it, I'll need to re-scrub again." The OR nurses might not even notice anything unusual about me.
Imagine all of the fun you could have, Scott.

Some guy comes out of general anesthesia and sees you standing over him.
"Oh, you're awake. Good. I'm afraid I have some good news and some bad news, Mr. Smith. The good news is that you're healing much much faster now than any other patient here. The bad news is... well... have you ever seen The Howling?"
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

:lol:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Furnetics :lol:

I love these joke sites.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I read through some of the posts and I completely agree with Vuldari. That is my whole stance on it anyways. I voted I would have to think about it for a while.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

While I would enjoy becoming a “full-works” type, I could not do so without first considering the option thoroughly. I believe I owe myself the decency to weigh the consequences of my actions before I decide on which course to take. Such life changing decisions are not something to be taken lightly.

It would be a shame to live life continuously regretting the past all because of an impulsive decision.
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

I see no harm in fixing up my senses.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I gotta say no, except a tail. :lol: And some of my senses...I already have a good sense of smell, it's not a great thing. Slightly better hearing, but not to the point where music sounds different to me, or can't be heard. I'd want it to be beneficial to music. Also changes in the weather and such...those instinctive feelings might be nice. We all have it, but probably not so strong.

Id like a monkey tail that works and I'd strategically hide it. Of course, hiding it always is next to impossible. Id want it to be prehensile, strong, and NOT surgically taken off a real monkey and used on me. It'd have to be re-created, not taken off another animal and stuck on me ... that is just horrible.

I have no idea how such a thing could be done :lol: But hey...always worth a thought.

I'm not sure how I could live with a tail really...but it'd be cool. Sitting might be different, and of course being called a freak and shunned. Humans don't like what they can't understand (Not all humans...I make an effort to understand stuff and I love diversity and individuality. If I saw a Gestalt running around, sure I'd be wow'ed, but I'd try and see if they were friendly or a threat, then I'd probably be fine being friends with them if they weren't a threat).
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Short Tail wrote:*cough*
http://home.telepath.com/~wanderer/imagine_furnetics/

Dont tell em it is fake, let them dream
These guys are obviously trying to make a quick buck...or just a laugh. I doubt there is technology for this. Sure, there's a guy with real tiger fur being grafted onto his tattooed skin, and he has a feline face, but a tail and paws? Doubtful.

Anyhow, :lol: sorry about my second post.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Genetic Modification

Post by RedEye »

Fact is, people; If there're enough folks willing to cough up the money, it'll happen...in about 100 to 150 years at the rate things are progressing.
I expect it would take about a year or two, just based on the amount of energy the hhuman body can handle, and it would hurt like you wouldn't believe.
Considering that we are just scratching the surface of Gene therapy, the postulation of a century to a century-and-a-half is probably right.
Let me toss you a curve, since it could happen sooner: a 100% interactive virtual world (yeah, like that one) where you live as whatever you want, all sensations are felt and responded to...and here's the plus!
You aren't limited to silly constant mass/constant energy, since it's virtual. You can actually shift!
Either one takes the Army's "Be all that you can be" to the ultimate.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I gotta say that I found this quote quite funny on that site :"Limit one tail per person. " :lol:

But can they really do all the stuff they promise? I wanna see pictures! But that would explain modern day werewolf sightings, no?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

*pokes moonkit* remember its a scambut keep it serect :wink:
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Lukas wrote:*pokes moonkit* remember its a scambut keep it serect :wink:
Hmm...its ALL a scam? I know SOME of those things are possible. (though not many)

Why does everyone want to take advantage of therians? :( Taking advantage of people is wrong!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

MoonKit wrote:
Lukas wrote:*pokes moonkit* remember its a scambut keep it serect :wink:
Hmm...its ALL a scam? I know SOME of those things are possible. (though not many)

Why does everyone want to take advantage of therians? :( Taking advantage of people is wrong!
Grafting fur is likely possible, it's probably been done to that tiger skin guy. Latex whiskers are possible, as is shaping ears and the face to a large extent.

Extra limbs like movable tails...not yet. But as RedEye said, I assume it will be possible soon.

Wouldn't that be cool as long as the tail didn't come off a real animal? How cruel would that practice be? Disgusting. The tiger guy was getting fur off real tiger pelts. I haven't got a photo with the fur yet. Teeth are also possible to modify.

And MoonKit...did I mention I love your ferret avatar? Cute! :D

http://www.scalespace.org/2003/images/l ... 20skye.jpg

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages ... er-man.jpg
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Kirk Hammett wrote:The tiger guy was getting fur off real tiger pelts.

And MoonKit...did I mention I love your ferret avatar? Cute! :D

http://www.scalespace.org/2003/images/l ... 20skye.jpg

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/dataimages ... er-man.jpg
Ewwe, really? Thats not nice to use actual animal fur. :( But I know that his name is Cat (or maybe Kat). I wouldnt have expected him to be mean to tigers since he liked them so much.

Thanks! I like my avatar too! :lol: I thought it was cuter then the last one. The last one looked like it was sad, this one is like "Hey! Look at me! Whoa. What was that?!"
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Whoa! I just noticed! Leopard man has the face of a leopard on his chest if you look closley at the spot pattern!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I voted "think about it."

It would be exceptionally nice to have wolf senses, especially when my human ones are going to hell, but I don't want to lose the warm colours. Also, imagine having wolf hearing and living in the city? Even with one eardrum busted, the soundscape in even a small city is rather brutal. I'd definitely HAVE to move out to the country — 'way out — in order to not go crazy. But I was planning to do that anyway.

The other thing is, a good part of wolf's hearing capability depends on the shape of the ears and the fact that they can swivel 360 degrees.

Sure, I'd go for wolf senses and maybe a tail. Just not yet. And no, I wouldn't go for the works.
ImageImageImageImage
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

On that note, I have mixed opinions.
Personally, I have a set of really strong senses. Sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing, they're all above and beyond average. And it can drive me absolutely insane.
While some people have been able to successfully express how humans stink (Spider Robinson, "By Any Other Name"), they can never successfully express how it would feel to experience it night and day for so many years across *all* the senses.
My problem is that they are so sensitive, I have had to use self-hypnosis to all but kill them off. It's like a person who has leprosy, and an alarm for when they're damaging their body. After awhile, they simply shut it off before it drives them insane. In my case, I will notice things if they present a danger to my body, and I will react to them, but for the most part, I ignore it. I have to.
If I had the chance to change the works (or more specifically, if I was able to change my physical form, I would, but I would also have to move out to some sort of nature-type area. While there are smells that are there that are less than pleasant, they have fewer situations where it simply grates on your sense of smell.
(By the way, does anyone know what the term is for this thing? I call it hypersensorianism for those who ask, but I would like to know the actual reason...)
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Informational insanity.

I deal with it all the time.
ImageImageImageImage
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

*Sigh*...There's a reason there wasn't quite so many introverted people in "the wild". They weren't forced into a mental hole by so much information...
...I'll try to get of the soap box now...
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I voted "No." I don't really have any interest at in getting surgery to change my body.

It's not that I'm not tempted by the fact of maybe making some aesthetic changes to my body, it's just that I'm really uncomfortable with surgery or anything that permanently changes my body. I don't see a reason why I should change the form I was given -- my body is fine as it is.

I will admit I'm very interested in heightened senses -- Only if the surgery was completely safe, will last the rest of my life, and I didn't find something more important to spend that money on. I'm afraid that changing my senses would cause some serious confusion, though. Suddenly having a very acute sense of smell or hearing might not seem so appealing once I have it -- and I would be forced to relearn the world through my new senses.

Making slight changes to myself is also a very fun thought. Though I would agree that if I were to ever change my body at all, I'd rather go all out -- After all, once I go so far as to get a tail, what more do I have to lose?

YET, I definitely would not ever consider going "All-Out." I think that completely changing my body could become the cause of some serious psychological problems. It just wouldn't be right; it just wouldn't be my body. And what if I ever wanted to change back?

And as we've already discussed, trying to fit in socially would be an entirely different story.

I just don't see the point in trying to completely change my body. I don't think that I'll still believe I made a good decision after I've been through the change. I also think I've already been given a wonderful body, and if I actually wanted a better body, then I'd actually go exercise and make it one.

Now, if the procedure weren't so permanent, and was completely safe, I would consider it. Sometimes I like to wonder how it'd be like for one or two days to have some type of animalistic body, and then change completely back to normal afterwards. I think it really would be a dream come true.

Though probably would be a total waste of money; Just be proud of what you were given.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."