Total votes: 14

Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

How painful is a Vampire bite?

Post by Jessie-Simone »

:evilclown: If you were bitten by a Vampire (On the neck) how do you think it would feel? As well as haveing you're blood drained?
ImageImage
Last edited by Jessie-Simone on Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

For me, it would be more a question of how it would feel to me as I try to crush the damned bloodsuckers skull, or cold lifeless neck between my rage filled hands as it tries to do it. ...squeezing harder and harder untill something goes *Crunch*

I HATE Vampires... Image
(In case you didn't notice, I'm having a bad day, and I'm in a violent mood)

I voted "Very Painful" BTW
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Well vampires don't bite you on the neck, they drain your blood through your lips.

Although some of their cousins will crack your back open with a bucket and drain your blood so they can bathe in it later.

I would imagine that unless they have an anisthetic"sp" in their saliva like a mosquito or something that it would hurt alot.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Vuldari wrote:For me, it would be more a question of how it would feel to me as I try to crush the damned bloodsuckers skull, or cold lifeless neck between my rage filled hands as it tries to do it. ...squeezing harder and harder untill something goes *Crunch*

I HATE Vampires... Image
(In case you didn't notice, I'm having a bad day, and I'm in a violent mood)

I voted "Very Painful" BTW
Same here,

I hate vampires, i would use my own nails to DIG inside it's gut and RIP OUT ANY THING THAT IS BEATING! and eat it in front of the dieing vampire, then with my last breath before i die from the open jugular i curse it to rot in hell! :evil:

But as pain goes i bet it would be VERY pain ful :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Rhuen wrote:Well vampires don't bite you on the neck, they drain your blood through your lips.

Although some of their cousins will crack your back open with a bucket and drain your blood so they can bathe in it later.

I would imagine that unless they have an anisthetic"sp" in their saliva like a mosquito or something that it would hurt alot.
And you know this how ??

Are you suggesting you know a vampire or are one yourself? Just curious..
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Rhuen wrote:Well vampires don't bite you on the neck, they drain your blood through your lips.

And you know this how ??

My guess would be that Rhuen's getting this from folklore, where the commonest vampire bite sites are finger tips, toe tips, lips, armpits, breasts, crook of the arm and a couple other places I've forgotten, but neck bites are very rare in folklore.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Getting bit by anything with fangs usually hurts, unless there's the anticeptict that numbs the site of the bite. But still getting bit....ouch.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I think the initail bite would sting for a second but I dont think it would last long.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

MoonKit wrote:I think the initail bite would sting for a second but I dont think it would last long.
By my experience, it is usually the exact opposite.

When I have been bitten by animals, or in some other way impaled by small, sharp objects, the initial bite usually doesn't hurt that bad, but it gradually hurts more and more after that. ...occasionally not actually peaking in pain untill hours later, or even the next day.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I dont think it would hurt all that bad. Maybe afterwards, like Vuldari said. Vamps would have people in a kindof trance while they are drinking from them anyways.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I usually like the idea that vampires some kind of (addictive?) narcotic in their saliva. Some kind of endorphin analogue that stimulates pleasure centers in the brain, maybe? Of course, if we are talking about true-to-the-myth walking corpses, then it would probably hurt as hell :P
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:

And you know this how ??

I forget I am new here so My reputation does not proceed me.
When I speak about a monster, and say something in a "it does this and that" kind of way. I am refering to the mythos, the folklore behind the monster.

You shouldn't assume everyone thinks they are monsters.
Even though i know the frustration of dealing with such people. I have had to deal with people who claimed to be dragons and zombies of all things.
:roll:
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

I rather get bit than get pelted with a rock. Vampires are soft and sqooshy, their teeth are like captain crunch ceriel. So, kissing a vampire make the roof of your mouth bleed. And of course, rocks hurt.
Vamires are the undead. They're possibly the most pathetic species of all time. They have to feed once in a while, then they spread their cooties to other people and then have to go to sleep for a hundred years, make a movie when they wake up in which they die in. It's a sad life. Look at Lastat, that vampire. He cries and whines and make nothing good of his life. His birthgiver even left him, because he was so annoying.
Now a werewolf? At least they have fun with their prey.

Slingblade said once on Mad TV, "UmHm...Caught me a vampire once.....Taste like corn!"
I believe it. And I'll try it when I get the chance. :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

*shrugs* The one time I was actually bitten by a dog it stung for like an hour (maybe less) but never really hurt. But I think a vampire bite would be slower taking place so you might actually feel the pain. But then again they are suposed to put you in a trance...

Now a werewolf bite...I imagine that would hurt. Can you imagine the jaw power? :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

You probably wouldn't have much of an arm left after getting bit :evil:

Well I would assume a vampires bite is more like a syringe needle extracting blood more than anything else. Really BIG Syringe-like Needles. It would hurt initially going into your body then sorta numb when the bloods being taken out and then mildly painful and the extraction of teeth.
Border Walker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Cyborg WolvenFox

Post by Border Walker »

It would Probably hurt alot, But it really depends on the Workings of the vampire, and the teeth in general. if they were like Syringes, it wouldn't hurt much. If they were like mosquitos, you'd barely Feel it. if it was like a Dog Bite, well... you get the point.
Current Theme Song: Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Looking at the different types of folklore vampires the bite varies in degree. The folklore its self says how much it hurts.

The Vampire (along with the Nosferatu and Vrykolakas) tended to make small bites while the victim slept and were so gentle it wouldn't even wake the victim.

The Siberian vampire cousin breaks your back open to drink your blood and slaughters people in this way. Very painful I would imagine.

Others drain your heat so you freeze to death or die as though going to sleep, after becomming light headed.

The seductress types like the Leane Sidhe"sp" would hypnotize their victioms and drain them as the victim had sex with them or danced, or in some other manner was kept moving like singing or something. a slow long process of draining vitality.

However some like the Tlaques was quik and violant, burning the victim while feeding (as its true form was a ball of fire).