What would I look like if I was a werewolf IRL?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

I was referring to Human Wolf Eyes. :D

It's okay, though, everyone accidentally digs up old threads at some point. :wink: I don't think any harm was done.

And my stance on Vuldari ....Vuldari = very cool. :D

Just making sure everyone understands! 8) I like to make peace, too.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Kirk Hammett wrote:One more question: This may sound silly but that Fox, is that a morph of you did you say?
Date...read the date...(and my little amendment at the bottom of that post)...

I've cycled through at least four Avatars since being part of this group. At the time of that post, I had a photomanipulation of myself as a AnthroWolf/Werewolf as my Avatar. (If you want to see it, browse to my Art Thread in the "Creative Den" Section.)

...and no, I am not a librarian...but I've considered it at least once or twice.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Vuldari wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:One more question: This may sound silly but that Fox, is that a morph of you did you say?
Date...read the date...(and my little amendment at the bottom of that post)...

I've cycled through at least four Avatars since being part of this group. At the time of that post, I had a photomanipulation of myself as a AnthroWolf/Werewolf as my Avatar. (If you want to see it, browse to my Art Thread in the "Creative Den" Section.)

...and no, I am not a librarian...but I've considered it at least once or twice.
I meant Libran not librarian :wink:. I told you I wasn't switched on...that also goes for the date thing. :oops: My apologies Vuldari. Ill check out the art section.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

what would i look like as a were in real life..

hieght : about 7'9''
weight ; about 250 lbs...and well built and strong
fur color: dark brownish with some gray and black mixed in fading to and off white under belly
big claws and big fangs..
big yellow eyes that seem to glow under a light source
big pointy ears..big black nose...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kirk Hammett wrote:I meant Libran not librarian :wink:. I told you I wasn't switched on...that also goes for the date thing. :oops: My apologies Vuldari. Ill check out the art section.
Oops...I guess I misread. (Looks like I was the one not paying attention this time). No...I'm actually a LEO.

Sorry for not posting a link to my art thread before. My PC was not working properly at the time, so I didn't want to struggle with it any more than I had to to find and link to the thread.

Here it is...
Art By Vuldari

...and the photomanipulation.
(Others have said they really like it, but all I see is the mistakes.)

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

It's okay we all get that way. I've been so busy working and studying for Uni and writing music at a fast paced rate I haven't had time for concentration on much else. I need to get my solo album out sometime in my lifetime. As for all my guitar students...well thats another story of busy life. :roll:

I saw your art yesterday I think it was, I found it, so no big deal. It was very cool, I liked the dragon, I used to draw and create 'mammalian' 'dragons' as well, although they weren't the same in appearance. The morph is cool. I was told of a program like that a long time ago that could morph. I forgot what it was.

Anyhow I also saw your avatars, and noticed that is where most people's come from! :lol: They're nicely made. If I have time I might add some contributions. I'm not a graphics artist but I know how to crop things, add nice borders, clean pictures up, make it look generally attractive. People always need help so it's nice of you to spare time :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I wish I was a werewolf, right now my nose is running a marathon, and that whole immunity thing is looking good to me
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Fang wrote:I wish I was a werewolf, right now my nose is running a marathon, and that whole immunity thing is looking good to me

It wouldn't make any difference.

Achoo!!! :sneeze: Snort!!!
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

How do you know. I've also stopped taking cold medicine, Halucinations, I may have a runny nose but at least I'm not seeing Elvis on my toilet
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Fang wrote:How do you know. I've also stopped taking cold medicine, Halucinations, I may have a runny nose but at least I'm not seeing Elvis on my toilet

No, but you might catch a glimpse of the captain's log.

:jester2:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

You are nasty :lol: Oh well, School calls, boy do I hate mondays*Sigh*
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Hahah! Hallucinations. :lol: Odd.

I had some when I was suffering from panic attacks, and my mom told me to take sleeping medication. I'm NEVER taking that stuff again.

I didn't see things, I HEARD things. First, a startled gasp that sent me into the worst panic attack ever - I literally thought I was going to die, and couldn't stop shaking. THEN, (and looking back, this is kind of funny), I jumped because I heard a male voice go "SH*T!"
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I thought my bed was A city, and the city was the garden of eden, and that I was in charge of the whole thing, I would see it as one thing then it would be normal, my teacher says that it's some of the drugs in the medicine, which is why I'm going all natural.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

*stands behind kiba* *psst...hey kiba* * sh*t *
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

you should fee neutral for school like me :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| *BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

White Paw wrote:*stands behind kiba* *psst...hey kiba* * sh*t *
OMGWTFBBQ!! :lol:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

SOBLOLTGIF :D
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Kiba wrote: OMGWTFBBQ!!
Fang wrote: SOBLOLTGIF
:? Sorry, I'm perpetually out of touch with (cyber)reality... What's all that stand for?
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Shortsighted editors

Post by Jamie »

Scott Gardener wrote:Actually, wolves in general are nearsighted. Werewolves might or might not have as a general rule that same problem. That's the one nit I have to pick with the Jack Nicholson movie Wolf, which otherwise did a remarkable job depicting lupine perception thrown into a human being. (There's a scene where he realizes that he no longer needs glasses. If anything, someone who doesn't need them might after getting bitten.)
From what I understand on the topic, being nearsighted like a wolf doesn't necessarily translate into worse vision. For one thing, some other aspects of their vision are definately better. After all, wolves hunt by sight, as in using that as their primary hunting style, in the day as well as night, (they could be thought of as sight hounds which also tend to have good vision). Animals that rely on vision for survival don't have bad vision, even if it is worse in certain aspects than a human with totally healthy eyes. There is also a difference between being somewhat nearsighted and being very nearsighted. When people suggest to me that dogs and wolves are so nearsighted that a wall ten feet away is just a blurry mess, I don't believe them.

Just because wolves are nearsighted doesn't mean that they wouldn't notice things that a human would. Just the opposite is true. They are more likely to notice details of the landscape, or tiny changes in gait in a running prey animal. Their eyes are more sensitive to motion and boundaries, plus being "colorblind" allows for greater depth resolution in the sense of being able to differentiate small differences in shading on an object (cells that aren't devoted to color information can be devoted to distinguishing more finely between small differences of light and dark, which makes the shapes of things seem more clear. If a wolf was looking at a wall with a pattern of small bumps on the surface, those bumps might be more apparant than they would be to a human simply because the slight shadows cast by the bumps are more easily distinguished by the way a wolf's vision concentrates on slight changes in lightness or darkness. Thus the wolf might appear to be less nearsighted than the human because of being able to distinguish these bumps at a distance, even though the opposite is true).

When a small amount of nearsightedness in built into an animal with otherwise good vision, it is more a gimmick to make sure they have a strong ability to focus on things that are not too distant from them when it really matters, as when a running elk is 30 yards away. When an aspect of vision is built into an animal as part of the species plan, it may not manifest in exactly the same way as when it is a pathology in humans. For example, if wolves were as nearsighted as myself or as many of the glasses-wearing people I know, I doubt they'd be able to catch much prey! If I became a nearsighted wolf, it would be a vast improvement.

It could be kind of like the colorblind discussions we've had here. The initial idea you develop in your mind when you hear words like "colorblind" or "nearsighted" might not reflect the full details of that reality as it is experienced (just as wolf vision doesn't look like a black-and-white TV, they do see color, it is just washed out and indistinct). For example, albinos often have genetically-caused vision problems which are severe enough that they can sometimes have difficulty getting a driver's license. These problems are due to low resolution, so the outward effects are very similar to being severely nearsighted, but they are always upset by people assuming that they see everything as blurry. They don't see things as blurry (if they did, it could be corrected with glasses). It is more like the effect of seeing a very detailed picture, but it is too far away to resolve the smaller details. It doesn't look blurry, it just looks low-res.

As to the particular example you used, in the movie Wolf, natural wolves might very well be less nearsighted than the main character was before he became a werewolf. Also, I think he only needed glasses to read, in which case he might have even been a farsighted character (I can't quite remember). If he was farsighted, becoming more wolf-like might very well pull him closer to the middle of the farsighted/nearsighted dimension of visual acuity.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I would be probably be semi-dark/greyish, looking at the hairs on my body.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
Kiba wrote: OMGWTFBBQ!!
Fang wrote: SOBLOLTGIF
:? Sorry, I'm perpetually out of touch with (cyber)reality... What's all that stand for?
OMGWTFBBQ = "Oh my God, What the ****, Barbeque"

( A general combination of expressions for when a simple OMG just isn't enough. The BBQ is the signature mark of this explative abbriviation. )

SOBLOLTGIF = "Son of (a) *****, Laughing out Loud, Thank God it's Friday"

( A variation of the first combo explative. Again, it is more traditional to use whatever abbriviations you feel are appropriate all strung together, and end it with BBQ, just for comical effect, but Fang apparently didn't know that...allthough, the TGIF is appropriately-innapropriate for the statement, like BBQ, so it still works. )

-------------------------------------
While we are on the subject, does anyone know if "WOOT" stands for anything? That's one I was never able to figure out.

??

=^.^'= ~
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

insnt it a variation of that old ....."raise the roof " thing..with the palms of your paws metaphorically raising an imaginary roof of sort :? :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:blink: You kids and your slang. *hobbles off now*
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:evil: GFYUSOBWLOBFTGIF :evil: