They're overdoing baseball... AGAIN!!!

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

They're overdoing baseball... AGAIN!!!

Post by Anubis »

I like baseball as the next guy, but of late fox has been over doing the post season where it to the point it's dominating the prime time line up! I HAVEN'T SEEN HOUSE IN TWO WEEKS! :cry:

So help me flood their Inbox with letters to have them pull baseball off the air so we can see our shows again!

askfox@foxinc.com
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Fox knows nothing about proper programing, the canceled family guy once because it wasn't getting the ratings, thing is they kept moving it around each week
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I know what you mean, they just won't leave the line up alone! It's soo annoying! :x
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I miss house :cry:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Same here, dude... same here :(
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

some time ago they would carry football on into the simpsons FOX can't do anything right!
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Fox has to know its all their fault for the low rateings, the same shows get much better rateings on other channels (TBS, Cartoon Network).
At the rate Fox is going we might just start to expect seeing the simpsons on Adult Swim.
:P
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The problem with baseball is that it's the only sport in America that you can't accurately time. I'm tired of everyone being pissed off at me because I'm the one guy that didn't watch the Sox lose in triple-overtime at two in the morning.

EDIT: The only reason I'm even slightly interested is because the Tigers are in the World Series. I'm pulling for them, not because it's a team called the tigers, but because I know after the season Steinbrenner is going to do to the Tigers what he did to the Red Sox when they beat the Yankees two years ago. He's going to sign half of their best players to the Yankees to make sure they can't play for anyone else. If Detroit doesn't win now, they never will.
Last edited by Terastas on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

FOX has to have the worst scheduling staff on the planet. They cannot keep programs on a regular time slot but instead rearrange them constantly throughout the week. Then they wonder why their shows do poorly in the ratings.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Now I want to watch BASEketball. Since you wrote Baseball. lol
"lolis"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

forsaken_wolf wrote:Now I want to watch BASEketball. Since you wrote Baseball. lol
*Nails forsaken with a duckie*

BAD PUN!! BAD!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I have not seen a new episode of family guy in weeks :cry:
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

oops.... sorry.
"lolis"
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Fang wrote:some time ago they would carry football on into the simpsons FOX can't do anything right!
That was horrible. I remember being so pissed off b/c it was the new episodes. Watching sports is stupid. Playing them is fun. Getting payed to play them is stupid. Get a real job. Or at least they shouldnt pay them as much. Most people do more actual work then sports players and get paid far less. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

MoonKit wrote:That was horrible. I remember being so pissed off b/c it was the new episodes. Watching sports is stupid. Playing them is fun. Getting payed to play them is stupid. Get a real job. Or at least they shouldnt pay them as much. Most people do more actual work then sports players and get paid far less. :P
I think it was Payton Manning that once said that if you really care about the game, you get payed for the days of practice, the press conferences, the travel time, and all that; game night you do for nothing.

I can kind of sympathize with the football saleries for two reasons though. First, most football players only make $250,000 a year and will retire before they're 30, so a lot of them will be getting jobs afterwards. Second, Football has salary caps, so no team reaches the psychotic level that the Yankees have pushed sports contracts to.

Baseball definitely needs salary caps to keep the game fair, but of course, Steinbrenner will never allow it. There's absolutely no excuse for rooting for such an evil team, especially since New Yorkers have another team. Any self-respecting New Yorker is a Mets fan.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I dont think actors ors muscians should get paid as much either. Its the average joes who actually keep the world running.

Yes, sports players need money because they can get hurt and will be out of work at 30, but they dont need THAT much money. One look at MTV Cribs or the amount of jewlery they wear or the car they drive and I know they dont need THAT much money. But thats just me. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend