Stages Of transformation

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Would you like level of transformation

Yes, I have full control of my levels
34%
Yes, but it changes depending on how hard i push
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
16%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
24%

Total votes: 58

howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Stages Of transformation

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

If you can control your transformation, would you like to be able to control your levels of transformation. Like be able to change how far the tranformation gose.

out of a hundred 100% this is what i think it would be like

Level 1 25% Longer K-9 teeth ears pointed, increased sences and strenth.
Level 2 75% More wolf features, hair, claws, increased sences more feral
Level 3 100% full blown Werewolf :shift:

What do you guys think about it. what is there in your diffrent levels?
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
bar1scorpio
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Sierra Mist Abuser

Post by bar1scorpio »

Heh... or just transform based on emoticons.

Suddenly a tail and it's wagging!

Girlfriend: "Are you even listening?"

You: "I swiveled my ears in your general direction, didn't I?"
"TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!" - Robert Heinlein

"The World Will Be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

*Tail wags*

*Some person* Looks like someone is happy to see me
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Amarok
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Amarok »

I cannot completely control it but there is a certain amount of control.
I can transform unnoticed I still look quite human just more hair and bigger teeth and slightly pointed ears but nobody can notice. :)
Amarok the wolf spirit will watch over you...

I am a writer what are you??
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I voted "No" though it really depends on how it is done.

My reason for this is because I really like the dramatic effect of the transformation taking over, and if one can have absolute controll, the action of transforming looses a great deal of it's drama for me.

Because I am a very empathetic audience, I prefer to have the moment be tense and exiting for the one who is changing too, and not just the people watching, and I don't feel that as much if the transformation is not somewhat "out of controll".
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

If there are stages, I tend to go for:

A. Set forms. You're either human, or gestalt...or whatever additional forms the werewolf in question possess, like the full-wolf form.

B. The lycanthrope can control the degree of transformation. IE, as if there was a slider bar with one end "human" and the other "wolf" they would have free range to move along this slider bar to any degree of wolfishness they wished. This however, causes the entire body to move towards whichever end of the human-wolf spectrum. No humans with tails, nor wolves with human heads.

C. Same as B, only with the ability to modify indivual body parts. So if you wanted to, you could go for the Egyptian god look and strut around with a wolf-head.

Might not be the smartest of ideas, of course... :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:
B. The lycanthrope can control the degree of transformation. IE, as if there was a slider bar with one end "human" and the other "wolf" they would have free range to move along this slider bar to any degree of wolfishness they wished. This however, causes the entire body to move towards whichever end of the human-wolf spectrum. No humans with tails, nor wolves with human heads.
I don't know........with some of the characters I've seen, its more like an equalizer with many sliders instead of one. Human heads with animal ears is quite common in anime.

So much for the "slider bar theory" :|
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i would like to be compleately not in control of my TF :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

White Paw wrote:i would like to be compleately not in control of my TF :)

*grabs remote from White Paw*

Wish granted. :jester:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.............my TF remote....

*body turns half into a werewolf and half into a duckie*
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Wereduckies!
:wereduck:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Aki wrote:
I don't know........with some of the characters I've seen, its more like an equalizer with many sliders instead of one. Human heads with animal ears is quite common in anime.
Now you know why I hate Inuasha and other animes like that.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Zockereinstein
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dancing with machines.

Easy.

Post by Zockereinstein »

I have also voted no... Someone has given good reasons before. In my case, I don't like the image of people turning into furry-superheroes, with their skins as costume. Well, I know that the film won't be a terror but a drama, but an uncontrollable transformation could make it more interesting.
Echo!!....
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Aki wrote:

Catgirls aren't werewolves. :thpt2:
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

depends on the type and what its in.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

I kinda like the idea of being able to control the shift. I chose the second option because I also like the uncontrolled aspect. Right, there is more drama there. MOre empathy can be created and sympathy for the "cursed." But, if one could control it most of the time and then not during times of stress or anger, then a formidable creature is created.

A vigilante werewolf...yeah that's the ticket!

Wouldn't it be fun though? Catch an a$$hole and grab them with a clawed hand. Then proceed to make them watch as your teeth elongate and eyes change to golden...

Anyway, did I miss the point? <---random!
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

8) For me probly level 2.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Voted no.

As I see the shifting as a clearly painful experience everytime, therefore there's no desire to stop the change during the TF as the pain might not go away and werewolf concerned just wants to get over with it.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

BlackWolfDS wrote:Wereduckies!
:wereduck:
Sounds dumb but Im so excited someone used that emoticon! I made it, as a joke. I can't even remember how I came up with the idea to make something like that. (I think Fig gets excited about his dragons, he has some amazing emoticons!).

--------

Anyways on topic, depends on what Im writing. A lot of the time my character can't control his or her shifts. They're triggered by emotion and are very energetic experiences...it's like they feel they must flex certain muscles I guess, with an extremely increased adrenaline rush (When I phantom/mental shift unwillingly or whatever therianthropes call it these days, thats the feeling I imagine and its hard to explain...its like stretching heaps before you go to bed) It can be painful but usually it's not, but it's not pleasant or comfortable, although it can be, for sure. (As stretching can be when the desire to stretch is fulfilled properly).

And my characters always keep their tails :D though they aren't wolf tails. I gotta vote no, though, for this topic, unless it's for general shape shifters who shift into many shapes, or something different. Even if they are trained, they don't really go into half forms except Gestalt and wolf form, though if it were a humourous comic strip, I might do it for jokes :jester2:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Joey Liverwurst
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Joey Liverwurst »

I like the idea of some smart-aleck werewolf uncle who, otherwise human, uses one claw as a can opener just to show off.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Joey Liverwurst wrote:I like the idea of some smart-aleck werewolf uncle who, otherwise human, uses one claw as a can opener just to show off.
Considering all the can openers I own break, that sounds like an attractive idea!
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

In my story, the werewolf turns into a jack nicholson-wolf/lon cheney type thing, to give himself a boost of strength when fighting this vampire (not a ww vs vamp plot, just a random insult from the arrogant bloodsucker) but if he pushes the tf past wolfman, its a point of no return. He goes full which is Gestalt for me.[/code]
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

As with anything else, I suspect that control-and degree of control- is something that increases as you do it.

The newly Crossed (bitten or whatever) is at the level of "Chopsticks" on the piano. The more experienced Wulf is up to-say: "The Entertainer"- a relatively easy to play ragtime piano piece. The intensely devoted Wulf-someone who shifts as a form of workout or meditation; is up to Chopin or Rachmaninoff (intensely difficult but very rewarding when played properly).

Not all Wulfen will develop this measure of control; but some will be able to control their shifting to a fine degree; just like playing the piano, or any keyboard. There would be a downside; fatigue. Showing off or really pushing a shift would result in a somewhat fatigued (menatlly) Werewolf.
It all depends on the person doing the deed, IMHO.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

You should have full control over the transformation, because your mind is bascilly controling you, and therefore it should be possible to change whenever you want. Did I make sense typing that :? ? If no, please tell me. I hope that I am just getting my point across clearly.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway