New members.

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Heh, a skilled duckie dodging expert.

Figarou wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:Me no likey:
*The word 'gestalt' to describe the hybrid form
Well, there is a reason for that. I think its to seperate what the other people uses. White-wolf uses Crinos. But I think they are using something else now. Not sure about that because they are not using "Garou" any more.
I understand the reasoning behind it, and it is a fitting term. White-wolf, however, has the advantage in that they describe a world very different from our own to a mass of open-minded and willing fans. In a movie, suspension of disbelief only goes so far. You are limited in the amount of new information that you can introduce to the audience. Another point I might make is that the word 'gestalt,' while it makes sense when applied in this context, is just not a word that your average Joe has a definition for.
Figarou wrote:You gotta have the full wolf form. Thats what werewolves become during the 1st shift. With control, you get to be in Gestalt form.
While I'm not a fan of full wolf form myself, I will say that my sister prefers the opposite: only full wolf form with no hybrid form. That being said, seeing a full wolf transformation is not anything that would ruin things for me (in fact, I would be interested in seeing that in a movie, just because).

-- Vilkacis
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well thought out point of view Vilkacis.

I can appreciate it, and will at least give you a few assurances.

Nowhere in the script does the word 'gestalt' appear. Its mainly a definition for us for the purposes of defining which form we're talking about. In the film, you'll just see a full wolf, or a bipedal one.

As far as the moon. Its just too far a stretch to not use it in my opinion. There is a connection in my heart, and I feel strongly about it. Originally I had planned not to use the moons influence at all. But it was silver that redirected me to what I was searching for as far as poetry. Also it has a strong connection to folks that arent werewolf fans per-se. Who would be sitting there going, "well, uhm, its a full moon outside, shouldnt they be changing? or is it that they're not affected by that, and if so then what else doesnt work".. many folks only know of the old legends, and what is status quo, if they spend time wondering why the moon has no effect, then they're not drawn into the film itself.. So instead of erradicating it, we're trying to explain it, give it some depth.

Immobile tails I agree with, tails are part of expression for a werewolf. And it will be used as such.

there will also not be any sex scenes in the film. Sorry for those that wanted some yiffy stuff, there is romance, deep emotion, and toying with desire. But no outright sex scenes.

Werewolves also have about the mortality of a person, no immortals. Though certainly very healthy, and have a nice full life.

They do have increased healing abilities. But again, we're going with science on this one, "quantum genetics", the body would 'have' to have some form of increased healing if it is to undergo the bone crunching, and muscle stretching of a transformation.

As far as whether its painful. timothy albee described it to me as a bungee jump. It might be painful to some at first, being as its so new. After awhile however, its quite a rush.

Werewolves will also have full human intelligence when in gestalt form, or wolf form for that matter.

Absolutely NO wall climbing! At least not without grappling hooks.

Hope that gives you a little bit of clue in.

Sincerely,

Anthony Brownrigg
Director/Producer
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

ABrownrigg wrote:there will also not be any sex scenes in the film. Sorry for those that wanted some yiffy stuff, there is romance, deep emotion, and toying with desire. But no outright sex scenes.
Oh thank the gods for that. I just got done ranting about it in another topic somewhere...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

ABrownrigg wrote:As far as the moon. Its just too far a stretch to not use it in my opinion. There is a connection in my heart, and I feel strongly about it. Originally I had planned not to use the moons influence at all. But it was silver that redirected me to what I was searching for as far as poetry. Also it has a strong connection to folks that arent werewolf fans per-se. Who would be sitting there going, "well, uhm, its a full moon outside, shouldnt they be changing? or is it that they're not affected by that, and if so then what else doesnt work".. many folks only know of the old legends, and what is status quo, if they spend time wondering why the moon has no effect, then they're not drawn into the film itself.. So instead of erradicating it, we're trying to explain it, give it some depth.
This is understandable. While I don't remember the full moon being required in the old stories that I have read, I agree that it has become something that the public would expect. Completely discarding the idea very well may cause many viewers to throw their hands up in disgust. What I described was my ideal view; not necessarily the best option for Freeborn.
ABrownrigg wrote:They do have increased healing abilities. But again, we're going with science on this one, "quantum genetics", the body would 'have' to have some form of increased healing if it is to undergo the bone crunching, and muscle stretching of a transformation.
I can appreciate this as well; although, I would point out that shapeshifting in general is scientifically dubious and wouldn't necessitate such a conclusion. Healing and regeneration, however, are fine with me so long as I don't see bullet wounds healing before my eyes or wounds disappearing between scenes, etc. A wounded werewolf should bleed. A werewolf shot through the heart should die, if you ask me.

As a side note, one thing I don't want to see is a dead werewolf reverting back into human form.
ABrownrigg wrote:As far as whether its painful. timothy albee described it to me as a bungee jump. It might be painful to some at first, being as its so new. After awhile however, its quite a rush.

This is a logical approach--one that I can sympathize with. While I don't think every transformation would be traumatic, I can certainly understand why the first few might be. Especially if the transformation was unwanted. I would equate that with being brutally raped.

-- Vilkacis
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I appreciate your thoughts. In no way was I intending to criticize mind you, just to let you know. Welcome to the Pack.

In regards to werewolves turning back into human form when they die. I also am against that. My personal feeling is the death throws of a werewolf would be to revert to their natural form. Meaning while a werewolf is dying they would begin to revert. But if they're killed quickly, the heart stops, the transform stops, etc. So, you have a dead werewolf on your hands. If its dying slowly, then the heart still beats, and the transform can attempt to heal any wounds, etc. If they're too great however, then the werewolf dies in whatever state of transformation it was in. It might wind up looking pretty messy with a half reverted dead werewolf/human thing.

Again, I go with the most logic I can put on it.

Silver does hurt, but not magically. A well placed shotgun blast with a normal weapon will kill a werewolf outright. That and a shot to the head with a normal bullet.

If a were was shot with four normal bullets, they might die. If they're shot with four silver bullets, the damage is the same. But at that point the werewolf would most likely die from anaphylactic shock. Its how I can keep silver involved and not make it some magical thing.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:
Again, I go with the most logic I can put on it.

Thats what I like to see. Logic behind whats going on.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

ABrownrigg wrote:In no way was I intending to criticize mind you, just to let you know. Welcome to the Pack.
I had not taken anything you said as criticism.
:D

And thank you for your welcome.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:Heh, a skilled duckie dodging expert.

Heh, editing an edit. Good one. I like this new member already.

Now try and dodge this!

j/k :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Figarou! Its all your fault! Thanks to you I drew a werewolf eating a duckie and started signing 'rubber ducky your the one' all day long! *poke*

Btw, I should scan the drawing before the ducky, it was really good! To bad it was in my planner. :oops:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Well, a little late but, hey; Welcome News Guys/Gals whichever ya are. :wink:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote: I don't agree with all of the decisions that have been made thus far; however, I think Freeborn is shaping up to be a fine project, regardless. If Freeborn tried to please everyone, I'm sure it would only succeed in pleasing no one.
Not everything about how the werewolves in Freeborn are being created meets my personal ideal either...though I have room in my mind for multiple versions.

Vilkacis wrote:Me likey:...
*Both fang and claw equally likely to transmit lycanthropy (sex too, but I don't want to see that in the movie!)
Agreed. ...though I think you and I are the only ones who think that way.
Vilkacis wrote:*Talking werewolves (not necessarily English, etc.) - but probably not in the movie
Some amount of vocalization I can imagine, but it would be SO hard to pull off without looking and sounding completely rediculous.
Vilkacis wrote:Me no likey:
*More powerful werewolves during the full moon
Yeah...I don't quite get that either. Why would it make them Stronger?
Vilkacis wrote:*Immortality / unnaturally long lifespan
*Regeneration / healing
Not immortal, nor 1,000 years old, but I'd think a creature that can grow new body parts (claws, tail...) would also be better at re-growing old ones and so would be "less likely" (though not Immune ...) to die from degenerative diseases. In other words, a Werewolf would be more likely to see it's 120th birthday than a normal human...but it would still be all old and wrinkly.

As for general reganeration, I think Werewolves definately should bleed. Normal bullets should punch holes through their vital organs and shatter thier bones just like any other creature. Healing that is so fast that you can SEE it would just be stupid. I think if you punch enough holes in a werewolf, it WILL bleed to death, and if not, those wounds will NOT be even half way healed the next morning...or next tuesday. A few weeks, maybe...
Vilkacis wrote:*Painful shapeshifting
Come on...how could that possibly NOT hurt?
Vilkacis wrote:*Full wolf form
I don't mind having a Full Wolf transformation...it's just when it is in addition to the hybrid form that is bugs me. Three forms are too many, in my opinion. Ideally I would prefer they either become full or hybrid...not both.

All in all, I mostly agree with all of your other opinions as well. I am very much interested in seeing "Freeborns" Incarnation of the Mythilogical Werewolf. It may not be how "I" would have made it, but then...I'm not making this movie.

I woudn't want to watch my own movie anyway. Then there would be no suprises. Where's the fun in that? :wink:

...oh and Welcome to THE PACK!. hwlwnk
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Now try and dodge this!

And I had done so well, up 'til now.
Vuldari wrote:...though I have room in my mind for multiple versions.
Agreed.
Vuldari wrote:Come on...how could that possibly NOT hurt?
I suppose I should have been a bit more specific. I don't think there should be terrible, excruciating, unbearable pain. I don't deny that it should hurt, but I don't think it should be dehabilitating or cause for someone to writhe around on the floor in agony. My reasoning doesn't have any particular scientific merit (although, I have heard many people mention endorphines, and such). I want to see a werewolf--not a wannabe contortionist--and I think it should be fluid and natural (at least, with practice and experience).
Vuldari wrote:I don't mind having a Full Wolf transformation...it's just when it is in addition to the hybrid form that is bugs me. Three forms are too many, in my opinion. Ideally I would prefer they either become full or hybrid...not both.
Now that you mention it, I think that is exactly what was bothering me. I don't hold any particular dislike for the full wolf form, it's just I don't think it should be in addition to the hybrid form. And when I go to see a werewolf movie, I want to see the hybrid form more than the wolf.
Vuldari wrote:Welcome to THE PACK!. hwlwnk
:howl:  :oo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:Now try and dodge this!

And I had done so well, up 'til now.
Awwwwwww...I'm sorry. :(

You know. I'm happy you're here. Lets fill this forum with tons of wolf emoticon edits!!! :D

Here, have some duckies. Go toss them at Vuldari. He likes to collect these things. :duckie :duckie :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Here, have some duckies. Go toss them at Vuldari. He likes to collect these things. :duckie :duckie :D
Yup...

...among other things. :lol: :duckie
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
You know. I bet every member in this forum has a wolf statue of some kind.

Here is mine
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Probably. I have a wolf plushie, a fountain, and some pictures I cut out of an old calandar hanging on my wall. I also have a really cool set of wolf ears and a tail that I made myself. I don't have a picture of the tail yet but here's me wearing the ears.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
You know. I bet every member in this forum has a wolf statue of some kind.

Here is mine
I have several, once i figure out how to replace the battires on my digital camera, i'll show em.

Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:You know. I bet every member in this forum has a wolf statue of some kind.
That's right.

Although, I do tend to collect feline stuff more than wolf. I love cats of all sizes.

-- Vilkacis
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hehe, I have lots of wolfie things.
2 wolf T-shirts
2 wolf statues
1 plastic wolf toy
A beanie baby wolf
12 books on wolves/werewolves(both nonfiction and fiction)
1 current wolf calander
3 old wolf calanders
2 shiny picture things
3 postcards
1 big magnet
1 dvd

Oh, and there is a rubber duckie by the bathtub(should go in the window) :lol:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Sweet new atavar Figaruo!

Being wlf obsessed stangly enough I only have one thing, a wolf poster. My paents just don't seem to get my likes o dislikes. Mom still likes to live in her fantasy world and wants me t be covered in makeup and carrying purses ad painting my nails. Yech!!! :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:

Before you place it in the window, toss it at someone!!! :wink:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

*Throws duckie*

This will be the new craze of 2006!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Silverclaw wrote:Hehe, I have lots of wolfie things.
2 wolf T-shirts
2 wolf statues
1 plastic wolf toy
A beanie baby wolf
12 books on wolves/werewolves(both nonfiction and fiction)
1 current wolf calander
3 old wolf calanders
2 shiny picture things
3 postcards
1 big magnet
1 dvd

Hehe, i have alot of Wolf shirts, im wearing one right now. ^-^
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: I have nothign wolfie... oh, wait, my walls are covered in pictures i've drawn.. a few of them are wolfie... but no actual wolfie things. meh. cats rule!

*gets covered with duckies*

:cry: lck
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Hello there!

I just found this forum the other day and I'm kicking myself for not finding it sooner so I could be more of a part of this whole, awesome process.

I've been a werewolf fan since about as long as I can remember - always have identified more with wolves than any other animal.

I draw, working as a freelance artist alongside grad school and TA'ng - I'm Arania around the web (DeviantArt, Transfur, etc)

And I'm really looking forward to following this project - and more so that there's going to be official representation at A-kon! :D