Blood Moon

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Laharl stood his ground and was prepared to attack Hector, when a strange metal device bounced near them. Before he knew what was happening, all he could hear was an ear piercing sound. He yelped in pain and ran his head into the ground on it's side, to escape the sound. He shut his eyes and did not see Hector pick it up and throw it back at it's owner. He did not see the white wolf, the spawn of so much hate and despair, escape into the bushes. All he could hear was that horrible sound. Then suddenly, it stopped. Laharl lay on the ground, his ears ringing and his tail tucked in between his legs.
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

Edward saw Raul toss the noisemaker. He prepared himself for the worse. Suddenly the metal cylinder flew past him and hit Raul in the chest. He kept his gun aimed Hector and fired a shot as the white wolf ran into the bushes. He looked at Raul and then to Leigh, Jarod and Larharl. "Brilliant preformace on all parts." His voice was laced with rough sarcasm that he got when things didn't go his way. He deffinatly included himself in the all parts. "Looks like we have some regrouping to do." He stated the obvious with his usual tone that conveyed little of his inner emotions. One could read his emotions if they knew him well enough, but those people were few and far between.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"We'll get the {censored} next time," Raul said, rising. "I do have things that can exploited far less easily, but wanted to avoid injuring Larharl...though it seems that was for nothing as that still happened..."

"So what's the situation here?"
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Leigh watched Hector run away and almost snarled. She hated that Hector had escaoed. Her ears were ringing as well, but she pushed back her own discomfort as she saw Larharl on the ground she apporached him slowly as not to startle him using the wolf within her to communicate concern. Her mirror blue eyes refelected the mid morning light as a wolf's would. She knelt next to him offering him her presence for comfort. She then heard Edward's words and took them at face value, but couldn't resist a sigh. She then heard the voice of the man who had just wandered up in the middle of the fight and turned her gaze to him. "So, who exactally are you anyway?" She asked in an almost irritated voice. She was very angry that the scource of all her nightmares had escaped once again. She knew that Hector wasn't stupid and the next time would be even worse.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Raul Wynn, part of the Hunter-Searcher science division," Raul answered, his voice considerably more cordial than Leigh's. "In other words, one of the guys who studies these sorts of things, then comes up with ways to counter them."
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Laharl perked his ears to Leigh as she approached him. When an animal is injured it becomes protective of it's space, and Larharl was such a creature. He curled his lips back to show his large canines to the approaching Leigh but slowly came to his senses as she calmed him. He let out a small whimper and laid his head at her feet, waiting for instructions. His eariler burst of anger had already left him, but the tingle of his hair standing on end was still present.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod sighed at Edward's comment. It was true, however, that they had let Hector get away.

Then he heard Raul's introduction.

"Psh...desk job." he muttered to himself, his ears still ringing.

Jarod pushed the thought aside, not wanting to cause an unnecessary arguement. Regardless, he let himself speak up.

"So then, mister Wynn, could it be possible that we have others that were susceptible to your little noise maker, there?"

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Leigh watched Larharl snarl at her then looked at him as he lay at her feet. She looked back to Raul as he introduced himself. "Science division that's interesting. I thought you guys didn't go out into the field that much anymore." She seemed to know alot more about the past of the Hunter-Searchers than she let on." She looked at Jarod as he waved off Raul's job as a desk job and back to Raul wondering how he would respond.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

darkest wolf wrote:Jarod sighed at Edward's comment. It was true, however, that they had let Hector get away.

Then he heard Raul's introduction.

"Psh...desk job." he muttered to himself, his ears still ringing.

Jarod pushed the thought aside, not wanting to cause an unnecessary arguement. Regardless, he let himself speak up.

"So then, mister Wynn, could it be possible that we have others that were susceptible to your little noise maker, there?"
"If you consider an operating table or working bench a 'desk job'...." Raul said, smirking some.

"It would seem to be so, but I had little option. I'm sure Larharl would prefer some hurting ears to having his throat torn out or his head blown off by that white wolf or friendly fire," he added in response to Jarod's final remark.
Ancient wrote:Leigh watched Larharl snarl at her then looked at him as he lay at her feet. She looked back to Raul as he introduced himself. "Science division that's interesting. I thought you guys didn't go out into the field that much anymore." She seemed to know alot more about the past of the Hunter-Searchers than she let on." She looked at Jarod as he waved off Raul's job as a desk job and back to Raul wondering how he would respond.
"Well, I figure the older guys have good reason not too," Raul said, shrugging a little. "Body's not fully up to it, or they got bad memories of something going wrong. But, I'm fresh, and I figure some of my stuff can be a bit more effective than a pistol."

Raul grinned, "Besides, field research is a great way to gain information. Better than jabbing a cold corpse with a knife. More exciting, too."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod tucked his gun away, pondering how it was that Raul heard him.

"Well, now that they actually have you guys come out here...I suppose not." Jarod replied, himself smirking a bit

Jarod pushed away Raul's last comment, chosing to ignore it rather than starting something he'd rather not.

"The name's Jarod. Jarod Kets. Pleasure to meet you."

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Jarod," Raul said, extending his hand. "I take it you're a Hunter-Searcher instead of some unlucky civilian, then?"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jarod looked around for a moment, shaking Raul's hand before coming back to reality again. Really, what was he? He was a hunter- searcher turned rouge...

"Yeah, I suppose you could say that." he said smiling "Say, how is it you stumbled across our little meeting here?"

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Well, that reply seemed shady.... Rafe thought.

"Well," he said. "Like I said, I heard you guys needed some help. I guess HQ decided that since our leader was mucking around in the forest it must be important or such."
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Edward listened for a moment. He deffinatly was the oldest of the Hunter-Searchers that ever went out in the field. Despite being part dragon he still occasionaly felt his age. Surrounded by the young and eager now was one of those times. He had walked over to a log and was sitting down cleaning his gun. He overheard Jarod's and Raul's conversation. He then heard about HQ and looked up. "Those rookies up in office are always sending people to help me. They must think I'm old and feeble." He stands up to his full height of 6'8 and looked at Raul with his bright green eyes. "Do I look old and feeble to you Wynn?" He was irritated that they had lost Hector and was snippy as he always got when things didn't go as planned. Despite his show he knew he was getting on in age and couldn't go on forever, but as long as hell roamed the earth he knew he had to carry on.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Despite Jarod's feelings for the earlier situation, he saw an iminent problem.

He placed his hand against Edward's chest. "Sir, please..."

He sighed shortly after and let Edward go, it wasn't his affair or his business.

Jarod removed his handgun from it holster once more, turned on the safety, and put it away. His boredom was seldom controlled, however, and he resorted to removing his knife from his jacket and tossing it into nearby trees, his cares slowly slipping away.

BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Laharl lets out a slow calming sigh. He could feel his muscles slowly unwind and his anger shrink. It would not completely disappear though and he knew why. An image of Hector came to his mind and he let a small sharp snarl. It was not meant for anyone else but the mocking image of Hector. With a small snort Laharl laid his head down in between his paws to rest.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

DayStar wrote:. "Those rookies up in office are always sending people to help me. They must think I'm old and feeble." He stands up to his full height of 6'8 and looked at Raul with his bright green eyes. "Do I look old and feeble to you Wynn?" He was irritated that they had lost Hector and was snippy as he always got when things didn't go as planned. Despite his show he knew he was getting on in age and couldn't go on forever, but as long as hell roamed the earth he knew he had to carry on.
"No sir," Raul replied promptly. To his credit, he didn't sound as intimidated as he really was. "Perhaps they figured with more people on the job the chances of success would risk. And with the addition of more ...well, innovative equipment than a gun, the mission might go along even better."

The glanced over towards Laharl. "Though, they could never account for the ...unexpected events in a mission."
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DayStar »

Edward looked at Jarod's hand and was about to say something when the young werewolf decided to stand down. He let it go he was deffinatly in a mood.

He then heard a soft snarl and looked at Larharl. Since seeing Larharl's anger in the battle against Hector he had vowed to keep an eye on him. He then saw Larharl calm down. Clearly the werewolf had better control than he gave him credit for.

He then cast a look back to Raul Wynn. He still clung to his earlier statement. He never denied what he thought before even when it was most likely wrong he never changed his mind. He listened to Raul's reply and was impressed that the young man was seemingly unintimidated by his show. Truth be known most of the Hunter-Searches knew of his irritable personality and his renowned temper. "Your innovative equipment seemed to do wonders at making a nice impression on your chest." He never had held to much faith in the science department. Truth be known he held little faith in anyone but himself always forcing others to prove their worth to him was one of his greatest flaws. "In my many years I've found that this..." He held up his own gun. "Can work wonders. Don't you think?" He seemed irritated and angry. The only thing that was unclear was if he was angry at the others, Hector, or himself. He then heard Raul's comment about 'unexpected events' truth be known there had been quite a few. He simply nodded. "Well, perhapse we should be forming another plan rather than sitting here like lumps." He holstered his gun. He wanted to do something. Being a man of action he hated to sit still.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Your gun itself is the product of many, many years of invention, innovation, design and redesign," Raul countered. "I have more beyond sound-makers at my disposal," he added, and left it at that.

"As to a plan, well, considering our foe is at an undisclosed location, may or may not have allies, and knows very well where we are, it might be a bit hard. An ambush of some sort is probably the best course of action, perhaps involving traps of some kind. There's a sort of black humor to a werewolf bumbling into a trou de loup."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"I suppose an ambush could work." Jarod said slowly, as if he was thinking about something. "Although we'd need some type of trap."

He ripped the knife from the tree, tossing it into another one a ways across from him, he then walked over and tore it out, carefully cleaning it and tucking it away.

Jaord turned back to Raul. "So, Science Devision, you have any bright ideas?"

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Like I said, a trou de loup," Raul replied with a shrug. "Or, in english, a wolf hole - also known as tiger pits in the East. Basically, you dig a hole, stick one or more sharpened pieces of wood in it, and cover it with branches and stuff so they blunder into it and wreck a limb or two, or if it's big enough, kill themselves."

"Simple, basic trap. Or maybe since you have a penchant for knives, there's also stuff like rigging up a flexible branch with a lashed-on knife to swing out when a trip-wire is disturbed."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Your traps are all well and fine, but how do you plan to get him over here? Frankly, I'd rather find the{censored} and put a nice silver bullet in his brain and not worry about it."

Jarod thought for a moment, looking around.

"Well, I suppose we could pull one of those off, as for bait, I think one of us should go out there alone. As bold as that is, it would be rather hard for him to resist an easy kill like that."

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Leigh listened to the men talk. She looked and saw that Raul had wandered off into the trees and didn't seem to be coming back. She looked at Edward and Jarod. "Well, now that the science represenitive has wandered off...Any more bright ideas?" She cast glances between Edward and Jarod surely one of them had a better idea then live bait which made her nervous. She then cast a look over at Larharl before going back to looking at the two men.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Laharl lay with his head on top of his paws, ears perked and alert to his surroundings. Raul's sudden movement into the forest caused Laharl to lift his head and cock it slightly to the side. Then with a small snort and head shake, Laharl rested his head back on top of his paws. Raul was none of his concern if he decided to leave the safety of this small clearing and the protection of a werewolf in wolf form, so why should he care? With a small yawn Laharl closed his eyes and listened Edward and Jarod talk. Though he couldn't understand ever word the two were speaking, he did get the jest of the whole conversation.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Leigh looked at Edward and Jarod once again and then walked over to Larharl. She was confused as to what was going to happen next. She was used to Edward being all sure fire, but something seemed to have shaken him lately and it almost scared her. Larharl seemed to be the one at the moment who had their mind made up. She saught comfort from that thought as she sat near the werewolf. Her mirror blue eyes reflected the rising sun which painted the skies in the colorful hues of dawn.