Smallville

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Smallville

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I'm not a big fan of comic book (And sometimes also novel) remakes, because they usually suck (I don't even want to remember The Hulk), but I really, really enjoy Smallville. It's absolutely awesome, sometimes corny yes, but I guess that's television for ya. And Lana just irritates me so much!

I live in Australia so I've been sent American taped copies from friends (Probably illegal, my apologies). I am only up to episode 6 of season 6 so far so please, no spoilers.

Anyone else watch it?

I also love the comics, (Superman, but I'd love some Smallville comics as I know they exist) but I can't find them without having to spend a huge fortune. I have a lot of them but they are really miscellaneous storylines. I collect a lot of different comic series and never seem to be able to find many because I don't have a lot of money, even though I work two jobs so far. The comic book store in town is absolutely a ripoff! I understand why but can't help feeling miserable having to miss out all the time. I only see a lot of rich people in there, of all ages, I swear. I go to the $1 pile. Haha! I have found many a good comic and yes, many good werewolf comics, in that pile.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Due to my family's interest in the show (and mine in partial), I have seen the entire series, on DVD, from season one to season five (I think). And if you attempt to tell me what happens afterwards, I may have to knock you senseless. :D
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Moon_Lover wrote:Due to my family's interest in the show (and mine in partial), I have seen the entire series, on DVD, from season one to season five (I think). And if you attempt to tell me what happens afterwards, I may have to knock you senseless. :D
In season six, Clark does this and that...

I'm joking :lol: I won't tell you what happens, but it's really, really good in season 6. Just waiting on more episodes!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

Yeah, the first couple of seasons were great, but it's all gone downhill. Where they had a pretty normal and grounded show before, they now have a show completely drowned by its sci-fi elements and over dramamticism. I'd agree that is anyone asked for a good show, I'd immediately say, "Heroes".
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I loved the serie from the begining... it grew stronger after season 2 and deeper for the third season.... and then it lost its tracks. Lois Lane into Smallville?..., how could Lois Lane in the future not recognize Superman from Clark Kent without the glasses?...,
That confused me too. :?

And Lex and Lana, to be honest...I hate her so damned much! She makes me wanna just hurl. She's becoming all...I dunno. She was annoying anyway but she's reached her limit.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

The biggest problem, as such, is that the show is a soap opera with a superman theme. Then they stretched it to and beyond its limit.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

My sister is a huge fan of Smallville and when she comes home from college, she attempts to make the entire household watch the episodes. So far, she owns every season on DVD.

----

I think the show is fine, but I think Clark Kent is really whinny and annoying. Ugh.

Out of all the characters, Lex Luthor is my favorite.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Moon_Lover wrote:The biggest problem, as such, is that the show is a soap opera with a superman theme. Then they stretched it to and beyond its limit.
I've become pretty good at skipping Lana-Clark moments, and Clark's annoying expressions, oh and Lana's expressions. It annoys me in all the shows I watch, actually, except Dragonball Z. Then, it's just annoying because it's Goku Vs whoever in some fight that lasts 50 episodes and I rapidly grow bored.

You can't win except with the comic book originals, even though I love Smallville. And you can't win with Dragonball in -any- form. Except maybe the original first Dragonball.

Yes, I'm an adult, but boy that Dragonball... :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Yep, I agree with everybody else. I was hooked at first, I actuallty made sure I watched every episode in the beginning because they were so good. But as the seasons went on, they turned into a teenage soap opera. Everybody was hooking up with everybody else, there was little plot and too much sexual inuendo. Now its like watching The O....or whatever the hell that show is called.

No offence if you like it...i just dont though. 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

MoonKit wrote:Yep, I agree with everybody else. I was hooked at first, I actuallty made sure I watched every episode in the beginning because they were so good. But as the seasons went on, they turned into a teenage soap opera. Everybody was hooking up with everybody else, there was little plot and too much sexual inuendo. Now its like watching The O....or whatever the hell that show is called.

No offence if you like it...i just dont though. 8)
The OC, yeah that's pretty dumb. I saw one episode. It became a huge craze here, and I was like...man this is lame, but whatever floats your boat I guess! I not only teach guitar but I work part time in a book store, it's actually a family business so I don't really work full time. We always get people in for Mills and Boons (Romance) and some of the elderly men come looking for sex magazines...and I hope they don't ask me, because imagine asking a young woman for sex magazines! My mother was quite...well she put on her 'No expression' face.

You learn a lot about people by what they read :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I loved smallville in the begining but i'd have to agree with everyone else. Currently the new season bites. They have almost completely murdered Clarks character, and Lana's has changed dramatically for the worse. On that note I'm disapointed in all the side-stories the this season has taken. Lex-Lana, Louis-Oliver, Chloe and her new guy, Mrs. Kent-Lionel. Honestly I just wanna see Tom Welling smash through walls and burn things with his eyes! I fear this is the last season for smallville and Clark still can't fly. Its very disapointing...
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

twirrlacurl wrote:I loved smallville in the begining but i'd have to agree with everyone else. Currently the new season bites. They have almost completely murdered Clarks character, and Lana's has changed dramatically for the worse. On that note I'm disapointed in all the side-stories the this season has taken. Lex-Lana, Louis-Oliver, Chloe and her new guy, Mrs. Kent-Lionel. Honestly I just wanna see Tom Welling smash through walls and burn things with his eyes! I fear this is the last season for smallville and Clark still can't fly. Its very disapointing...
:cry:

It is starting to get a bit stupid in parts, from what I've recently seen.

I also like seeing him smash and burn things. :P Some of the pairings are really stupid though, I agree.
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

8) I love Smallville season 2 and 5.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Oh My God! I love SMALLVILLE! oh and to Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. This is Levana C. Sullivan. don't listen to people who say the show is going down hill. In fact you could say it's going up hill! the ratings have been going up each season. their are always people who say shows are going down hill even if thay are not. oh and to Thomas Welling. Thank you. you have inspired me to start acting. if it wan't for you I woudn't have my agent. and I thank you. what sucks is I can't watch season6 yet.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I think it's good for people who like romance in parts, but some of it went over the top.

Like in Angel :x when [spoiler]Connor and Cordelia had sex[/spoiler]. What the hell was that?

But yeah some of it's getting pretty good while other bits aren't.

I'm about to go get some graphic novels hopefully, I can afford more.[/i]
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Kirk Hammett wrote:I think it's good for people who like romance in parts, but some of it went over the top.

[/i]
well yah but I think Smallville is the best superboy tv show ever maid. thay have a great cast. good CG work. and great writers for a weekly tv show don't you think? and what bothers me was the Lex Luthor in all of the SuperMan movies. Smallville has a great Lex Luthor.
Image Image
Mythic
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Mythic »

I'm hoping the whole Justice League is good because for me its kind of interesting right now and I want to see the part if there is a part, although the previews show it, where Clark takes Lana flying I believe. If that is the case, I would really like to see that episode. And man, who told stupid Lana to get pregnant with Lex's child.. now she is probably gonna die like Lex saw in his screwed up future that his mother showed to him in some long gone episode -_-. Bad move Lana, bad move.
"In each of us two natures are at war the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between the them, and one of them must conquer. But in our hands lies the power to change what we want most" Robert L.Stevenson
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

:o Nooooo! please don't talk about what's happend in season 6. I can't watch season 6 since Time Warner Cable of El Paso Texas won't air The CW, evin when thay said thay would. :( BASTERDS! :x
Image Image
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I've been noticing that Clark's wardrobe needs and little vamping up. I mean i know red and blue... but c'mon no more plaid, lets have some nice tight t-shirts.. or no shirts at all. Speaking of that, I've been watching some of the previous episodes in seasons 1-3 and in season 3 Tom Welling is ripped!!!! And i've noticed now in season 5 and 6 that he stopped working out, what a pity. I think he needs to start up again... man of steel... not with that flabby stomache.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

:lol: So true. to much blue and red. I kinda liked the plaid T-Shurts though.
Image Image
Mythic
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Mythic »

lol... flabby stomach... maybe he needs the flabby stomach for the makings of another movie if he is doing something like that again. And yes, I agree with the whole need of wardrobe change, there is but so much the audience can take of the whole red and blue thingy, I mean yes its superman but geez, I think if he wears green and blue, or yellow and blue or anything and something else, it wont kill the idea of him still being the big future S-man.
"In each of us two natures are at war the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between the them, and one of them must conquer. But in our hands lies the power to change what we want most" Robert L.Stevenson
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

:D yep...To true. I would think the fact that he has the super powers and the name and thay are in Smallville. I would think most people would figure out the fact the he's the young SuperMan. :lol:
Image Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I hate Lana.

:x

She annoys me so bad. That's my only comment for today :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I agree, I started to dislike Lana when the whole witch thing came about. And now she's just evil and dumb and knocked up.

And I also know which future Justice Leaguer clark will meet. I'm excited its one of my favorite ones. The hint came about in the lastest episode Labryinth. The character was also seen once before. I don't wanna spoil anything but i mean if you wanna know....