Who has Zelda, Twilight princess?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Who has Zelda, Twilight princess?

Post by MattSullivan »

Since you can play as a wolf, i figured the board would be buzzing by now :} Is it any good?
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

BW said he had it or played it ..it sounds cool... :D
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

Check the "Rumor mill..." thread...it's madness already :P
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Who has Zelda, Twilight princess?

Post by Vuldari »

MattSullivan wrote:Since you can play as a wolf, i figured the board would be buzzing by now :} Is it any good?
Vuldari's answer --> Image Image

They have been working on it for over two years, Nintendo had their best teams working on it, and it's a "Legend of Zelda" game for crying out loud...OF COURSE it's good!

Play control feels really good, (attacking by swinging the wiimote like a sword is fun and never tiring, and aiming the slingshot/bow/boomerang has never felt more natural), the graphics may not compete with the prettiest games the 360 or PS3 can offer, but it is undeniably the most beautiful Zelda game ever, and the Cut-Scenes are far, far better than what Nintendo usually offers, (Minda is a great character), the music is synth/midi once again, but it is well composed, and the AWESOME orchestrated teaser music is included in the intro demo of the game, (it's too bad the whole soundtrack doesn't sound like that...maybe for the next one), and as always, Nintendo has found the perfect balance of challenge humor, excitement and laid back fun that comes together in a game that just feels more polished and complete than most other games of the same genre.

Games like this are why I am still a crazed Nintendo Fanboy after 20-years of playing Nintendo games. (I still have my N.E.S. from 1986, and play it too.)

*Note to Self: Make "FanBoy" Foxie Avicon*
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

Well, I've seen the teasers from www.TheHylian.com and The game just BLOWS my mind!
IF I had the cash, I'd honestly fork it over to the nintendo guys asap to get me a copy of this game and its console!

Silly Me! why did I have to blow away all that cash for my PSP?!?!?! :cry:

Ps: I wish I had Links "curse". Then I'd totally be "Hip" :coolshift:
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

It's not a curse. Link changes form only in the twilight realm and he can be in wolf form in the light world. Becuase Link is the "chosen one" he becomes his true self, rather than a free floating spirit.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

even better, bw! that way, you aren't cursed, but are still basically a kind of werewolf!

dude. i wish i had a wii or whatever so i could get twilight princess. but no, i'm too poor. bummer.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

nachoboy wrote:even better, bw! that way, you aren't cursed, but are still basically a kind of werewolf!

dude. i wish i had a wii or whatever so i could get twilight princess. but no, i'm too poor. bummer.
There is a part in the game were you can change at will, but i'm not tell when :p So technacally, Link is a werewolf :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

nachoboy wrote:even better, bw! that way, you aren't cursed, but are still basically a kind of werewolf!

If you have a GameCube, you will be able to pick up that version (which is the complete game, minus only the motion based controls) next month.

...I'm not sure If I misheard, or if this is actually true, but I think I've been told that when they switched Link to being right handed (in all previous games he has been a lefty) for the Wii version because most players will hold the wiimote in that hand, they did not just flip the character model, but the entire game world. Therefore, in the GameCube version, where he is still a Lefty, everything on the left will now be on the right, and vice versa, vs. the Wii version. They are the same game, except for being mirrored versions of each other.

...again, I'm not sure if that is actually true.

I just got into the Death Mountain Mines. The game counter says I've been playing for about 10 hours. I seem to recall hearing the game should take 70 to complete. If that's true, than this is one huge game, because I feel like I've done a lot already.

Playing as the wolf is fun. I like that you are able to attack with your tail. That's cool in an amusing sort of way. So far, it seems I am not actually able to howl on command like I thought you could though. ...too bad...

(Hint to others playing the game: Have you tried attacking chickens yet? It has a different effect than in previous Zelda games. ...though I've not learned what use comes of it yet. I will say no more. )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Chinckes, got it :D
I already have all three Fusion Shadows and I have 4 of the 7 secret techiques. Currenly I'm in a Dessert and I'm having a blast. :D

IMPORTANT:
To all Wii owners.
When you try to connect to the Wii shopping channel and you get the Error code 110213. THAT IS BAD. It means that you have a malfuntioning Wii. Don't panic though, you have two ways to replace it. Each of which includes sending the system, no cables, to nintendo. When you send it in, they will replace your old wii for a new one, free of charge. Now, here are the options:

1) They send you a replacement, you send back yours (pre-paid, all costs paid for by nintendo). Requires Credit Card so you can keep the broken unit until the new one comes (they give you 21 days).

2) You send your unit in and receive a new one. No Credit Card required, but means you cannot play games while waiting

I think it will take 3-4 days for the new one to come.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

BlackWolfDS wrote:

There is a part in the game were you can change at will, but i'm not tell when :p So technacally, Link is a werewolf :D
see, bw! that is rockin!
Vuldari wrote:If you have a GameCube, you will be able to pick up that version (which is the complete game, minus only the motion based controls) next month.
now vuldari, the prollum withat is that my most advanced video game systems are my n64 and my gameboy color.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

My sister and I decided to get a Wii, after christmas of course
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I have it, and it's great!
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

So, ho often do you play with your Wii? he he (sorry, I just can't resist)
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

My Wii is discolored and hairy.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Gross LOL :lol:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

oh gosh i did not want to hear that, matt. wow. ugh. no way did i want to hear that. way too much info there, man. hoo. not forgetting that anytime soon. wow. ugh.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

nachoboy wrote:oh gosh i did not want to hear that, matt. wow. ugh. no way did i want to hear that. way too much info there, man. hoo. not forgetting that anytime soon. wow. ugh.
Yeah, that was weird.
Anyway....
guess what I found out about the Wii?
Wellllllllll
I found out that all the places near me, won't be getting anymore Wii's in until March. The shipment that all places (well some) were the christmas shippings. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:My Wii is discolored and hairy.

Discolored?

Like this?

hairy?

like .......wait....I dare not show that picture.

:jester:
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

I've had Twilight Princess pre-ordered since LAST August, when it was originally scheduled to come out in November... I will be picking up my Gamecube version on December 15th...

Twilight is thus far the highest scoring launch game too, so that speaks volumes... GameVidoes.com states that it is well on its way to becoming one of the greatest videogames of all time! :)

I can't wait to play it... Darn it... I'll just have to play FFXII and FFIII until I get me paws on it. :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:My Wii is discolored and hairy.

Discolored?

Like this?

hairy?

like .......wait....I dare not show that picture.

:jester:

*covrs eyes*...i dont see a thing...omg thats nasty..... :P :lol:
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

wii rocks, and its like only 150 bucks right?
ive havnt go it, but its my 2nd choice for a new game console but i dont think my dad would like me have staring at a TV waving a remote around like a mad man :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Lukas wrote:wii rocks, and its like only 150 bucks right?
ive havnt go it, but its my 2nd choice for a new game console but i dont think my dad would like me have staring at a TV waving a remote around like a mad man :P
250 and the early ones come with a game.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

BlackWolfDS wrote:
Lukas wrote:wii rocks, and its like only 150 bucks right?
250 and the early ones come with a game.
Yeah...there was alot of talk early on about it being only $149.99 - $199.99 (Nintendo recently revealed that they originally wanted it to be $99.99...but then the added built-in Wi-Fi, internal data storage and some other bells and whistles and when you add in the Wii-Sports pack in, it drove the price up.)

Another thing that made the systems price higher is the fact that Nintendo is actually selling the hardware at a profit...where as Sony looses about $200 on every PS3 sold.

$249.99 ...still a bargain compared to Sony's beast.

For $500 I got:

*Wii Hardware (w/controller+nunchuck, and Wii-Sports)

*Second Controller + *Second Nunchuck

*"Classic" controller

*Zelda : Twilight Princess

*ExiteTruck

*Rayman: Raving Rabbids

*Altered Beast (Virtual Console)

*BomberMan '93 (Virtual Console)

*Bonks Adventure (Virtual Console)

...all for $100 LESS than a PS3 with 'NOTHING'...

The Wii is a much better deal, by far. Image

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

yes but like i said, my family isnt for one of seeing his son move around like a madman 8)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)