Madagascar

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Madagascar

Post by Figarou »

Seen the trailer on the Shark Tale DVD? This one is different.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamwork ... r/trailer/
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Yeah i saw it very cute i am excited to see it. :lol: Should be pretty funny too. Too bad there were no wolves :( or any that i had seen.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

wolves in films.

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:Yeah i saw it very cute i am excited to see it. :lol: Should be pretty funny too. Too bad there were no wolves :( or any that i had seen.

I like wolves. But they don't have to be in every film I watch. :wink:

Still, Madagascar is going to be funny. I love humor and I can't wait to see it!!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*nods* Usually I only see two or three movies in theatres all year. This is the only one I've picked out ahead of time. :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

That movie looks like it gonna be pretty funny. 'sspecially the penguins. :lol:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

lookin good, that it is.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Just came back from it.

Hilarious. :lol:
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

Ugh, you thought so, Terastas? I just got back from it as well - and I really didn't care for it. I'm not much of a slapstick fan - and that's just about all it was :(
And while the misproprotioned/stylized look I thought might be tolerable with a funny movie, it just served to make it more grating on me.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

hehe i have to know.... Is it pro or anti zoo? I am a zookeeper after all and i don't want it to look down on us besides the whole teaching zoo is going to see it. I am sure a movie theater does not want to put up with a bunch of crazy zooies (our little name for ourselves) so if anyone could provide some insight i would appreciate it.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Darth Canis wrote:hehe i have to know.... Is it pro or anti zoo? I am a zookeeper after all and i don't want it to look down on us besides the whole teaching zoo is going to see it. I am sure a movie theater does not want to put up with a bunch of crazy zooies (our little name for ourselves) so if anyone could provide some insight i would appreciate it.
It could go both ways. The first conflict they introduce is Marty's and the penguins' desire to see what's out there, but on the other hand, you've got the fact that not only are the animals well provided for, but to a point that Alex can and Marty don't even know they are a direct link in the food web.

So it's not a conflict concerning the treatment of the animals in zoos; just the way it goes against nature. And concerning nature, the animal's feelings are mixed.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Cool thanks
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

Yes funny movie! Corny, and good for laughs. I loved Alex!

"I like to move it move it!!!!!" :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wow!! Lots of people was watching movies during the memorial holiday weekend.

1) Star Wars: Episode III (2nd weekend total $70,750,000) (Total for 2 weeks $271,193,000) Think it'll break Titanic's all time box office record of $600,788,188?

2) Madagascar (New release $61,000,000) weekend total

3) The Longest Yard (New release $60,000,000) weekend total

source

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Think it'll break Titanic's all time box office record of $600,788,188?
It's possible, but unlikely. It's true that the Jed Heads are renowned for their ability to sit through the same movie over and over again, but I think their numbers pale in comparrison to the number of DiCaprio hearthrobs that were out there at the time.

Sad but true, that's really what makes a box office record: not how many people see it, but how many people see it over and over again. When Titanic was in theatres, only fifteen of my close-to-a-hundred classmates went to see it in theatres, but ten of them saw it fifty times. You could tell who they were too because, when they weren't at the theatre (like at school, for example), they'd do nothing during their lunch breaks and recess but sing the theme song... at the top of their lungs.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

It is really not as hard as many people think to break old box-office records.

With new theatres opening all the time (and some closing as well...mostly the "discount" ones), and ticket prices going up and up, the same amount of moviegoers, now with theaters closer to their homes, and paying $3 more per ticket will generate millions and millions of dollars in extra profits, making newer films appear to be more popular than older ones, if you go by the $# alone...which is very misleading.

These kinds of records will continue to be broken year after year, not because the movies are getting better or more popular, but because WE will be paying through our noses to see them...whether we like it or not.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: These kinds of records will continue to be broken year after year, not because the movies are getting better or more popular, but because WE will be paying through our noses to see them...whether we like it or not.
Well, if thats the case, why do they continue to go by $ instead of a head count?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Well, if thats the case, why do they continue to go by $ instead of a head count?
To hype up the current releases.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Well, if thats the case, why do they continue to go by $ instead of a head count?
Why?...the same reason movies only quote the positive reviews given to them in their advertisements. They flaunt the statistics which make them look good.

The "head-count" may actually be the same, or even less than the previous record...but if a film studio is trying to make themselves look impressive, they are not going to tell the truth and say, "...well...actually...18,000 fewer people saw our new film, versus the old record holder...but our box office revenues were higher because everyone who DID see the film payed an average of 25% more per ticket than 10-years ago."
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

DVD release date November 15, 2005
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I'm excited!! :o :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Interesing. I wonder what it'll be about.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

No David Schwimmer(sp)? among the returning voice talents? What, did Melman's many ailments finally do him in? :cry:

Oh well. I'm surprised this was the company's most successful original, but am excited nevertheless.