Man...I leave you alone for two minutes (months) and...

The place for anything at all...
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Man...I leave you alone for two minutes (months) and...

Post by What Mafia »

I came back today because what can I say, i love the pack... and it's all shiney and nice! Figarou did you even dust behind the TV? I am so impressed! :D
Man, so much has changed, I've been here for so long, and I feel like a complete stranger! :(
So, help me out... tell me about yourselves. :3

What kind of were do you think yourself?
Favorite werewolf movie? Why?
Favorite animal? why?

My answers:
What kind of were do you think yourself? Most likely somekind of werewolf/snowleopard...
Favorite werewolf movie? Why? I personally like Dog Soldiers for the movie itself, plot and characters. I like the werewolf in The Howling though, he looked AWESOME for his time! Werewolf in London is pretty good too, it has it's moments. ;)
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Nice to see ya around again :D

Me: I like to think myself as a red-furred werewolf :D

Fav WW movie: Hmmm, I'm going to have to say 'An American Werewolf in London.' Or maybe 'Ginger Snaps'....or 'The Howling', though 'Company of Wolves' was good too.... :D

Fav animal: What do you think :D Besides wolves; bats, felines, hawks/eagles, and foxes are also awesome...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Good to cya back,

What kind of were do you think of as yourself? I don't really, what I like, is to let people figure out what they see me as and there it is right there (for instance, I know Shadow Wulf, thinks of me as a fox) though i'd sorta like to know what people see me as eventually, :lol:

Favorite werewolf movie? The Howling, and a good many others really like dog soldiers Why? um.......Because....ya....because
Favorite animal? I have quite a few actually.... anything THAT'S NOT A FISH OR AN INSECT!!!! why? because bugs and sharks freak me out!
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

hey! how's ot going?

well, as for me, i see myself as a brown and white furred werewolf.
fave werewolf movie: le packt de loup (yeah, i guess it's technically not a werewolf movie, but who cares) because that movie is insane.
fave animal: wolves, dogs, pangolins, chinchillas...
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by What Mafia »

Fenrir wrote:Favorite animal? I have quite a few actually.... anything THAT'S NOT A FISH OR AN INSECT!!!! why? because bugs and sharks freak me out!
Awww, but I love bugs. :3
nachoboy wrote: fave animal: wolves, dogs, pangolins, chinchillas...
Pangolins FTW! :howl:  :oo
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Actually Mafia, the changes to the URL and forum layout were dished out by AB about a week ago. We're all still getting used to the pritty use of blue gradient boarders.

Wererabbit. Alert, adaptable survivor, pacafist, and elusive. However, quite contrary is my human trait of high charisma. I would be just as sympathetic for werewolves nonetheless.

None. I haven't seen any really "good" interpretations of werewolves yet.

Favorite animal? why?
No favorite in particular. I am quite interested in exotic creatures that you don't see every day. If I had to choose a few, I'd say I'm fond of rare dog breeds, German Giant Hares, and Wallabys.
Last edited by Kaebora on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:Good to cya back,
(for instance, I know Shadow Wulf, thinks of me as a fox) though i'd sorta like to know what people see me as eventually, :lol:
I never said that. :lol: I actually think of you as a wolf more, but with that mask I thought you a bit of a fox like.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey there, Im not sure we've met, but it's nice to meet you anyway. If we have, I've probably forgotten. My apologies. Welcome back anyway! :D

What kind of were do you think yourself? My 'theriotype' is a mexican grey wolf, but if I was an actual shape shifting, physically...changing...being...I'd be a wolf, but you know I want to be a bird too, and a cat, and a fish, and a horse etc, too! :lol: I just can't really choose! I might be a wolf deep down there, but doesn't mean I would want to spend my life as a wolf. But generally I guess I'm not really answering your question, I don't think myself a were, just wish!!
Favorite werewolf movie? Why? Oooh now this is a toughie! I have a long list. Dog Soldiers, Ginger Snaps trilogy, The Howling 1 and 3 (Yes, I liked the thylacine shifters...haha!), American Werewolf in LOndon and in Paris, oh there's many, many more... :D
Favorite animal? why? I love animals, plants, fungi, you name it! Love them all!
:P

Ooooh but if I was a werewolf, I'd be dark brown like my hair colour, kind of small and lithe I guess, to be realistic, I wouldn't be very strong either.
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Re: Man...I leave you alone for two minutes (months) and...

Post by Kanibal »

This will make you feel like you havent been around much, someone you dont know!!

Hi :)

I dont really think of myself as a werewolf, I made up a role for me, I'm a walker. I go round after fullmoon nights (Early morning) and help the werewolves, you know, a drink mabyee a choolate bar or something after they chnage back, to help them recover. *So I made up a role to include myself a bit more, so sue me!*

I havent really watched any werewolf movies, Back to the future is my favourite movie though. I guess I'm gonna have to say Freeborn, Oh! erm? er? that hasnt come out yet has it........ Ignore what I just said lol

Favorite animal? why?
wolves and dogs mainly, but I like al kinds of animals, I have diffrent favourites depending on how im feeling. :lol:
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Hola...no I'm not spanish but Hola :o

Kinda new here also but here I go

I'm more confused about that than anything else. I really don't know what I am.

Dogsoldiers. Mainly because it was the second werewolf movie I've seen and the first one really wasn't that good.

Favorite animal? Why?
Dragons hands down. Snakes, lizards (except chameleons), and wolves
And as to why well I really couldn't say. Sorta feel a connection with dragons and well snakes and lizards are the most similar things living. Wolves have just an aura of mystic.
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

I had wondered where you trotted off to, What Mafia... :D

What kind of were do you think yourself? Honestly, I'd say that wolf is primary, but there's also aspects of Badger, Dragon, Falcon, Otter, and Tiger mixed in with it.
Favorite werewolf movie? Why? I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm lycan a lot of them. *Hides*
Favorite animal? why? See the above were answer.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by What Mafia »

Kaebora wrote: Favorite werewolf movie? Why?
None. I haven't seen any really "good" interpretations of werewolves yet.
What ones have ya seen: :0
Moon_Lover wrote:I had wondered where you trotted off to, What Mafia... :D
I was off exploring the tundra and the vast mountains. They sucked. The pack>vast mountains and tundra
Kirk Hammett wrote:Hey there, Im not sure we've met, but it's nice to meet you anyway. If we have, I've probably forgotten. My apologies. Welcome back anyway! :D
I feel stupid asking...but I HAVE to make sure.. you're RPing as Kirk, right?
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

like, you mean "is you really from metallica or are you someone going by that there same name?"

if that's what you mean, than the answer is i'm pretty sure she is, cause she's a she-wolf, and i'm pretty sure kirk hammett of metallica is a guy.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by What Mafia »

Well..you never know with that hair... X3
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

First off, welcome back! I know the feeling. I'm away about a week and something happens. I once was gone for a week and found the script for Freeborn in my email. Another time I was gone for about four days and two additional werewolf movies showed up--Hour of Darkness and Camp Lycanthrope. I was away a few weeks ago just for two days and, well, just look at this place! We're not even at the same url any more, and we now have this polished medallion vaguely suggestive of either the Seal of the President of the United States of America or the cover of Whitesnake's 1987 eponymous album.

Anyhow, this is probably redundant, since I've been a member since--well, actually, coming up on two years now. But, as a re-re-reintroduction and just thought for food...

WM: What kind of were do you think (of) yourself?

SG: Both full wolf form and gestalt forms have black fur, with a very minimal two-toned effect, mostly unnoticeable, though as of late as I'm getting older, there's a tiny patch of gray that seems to show up on my front chest. The eyes are amber, though in Gestalt they sometimes retain hint of the human form's outer ring of bluish gray. I do not have a fixed "Gestalt" form actually; rather, I picture intermediate shifting, with the most convenient mid-form being in essence the same as others' Gestalt model. (I'm a Jungian myself.)

WM: Favorite werewolf movie? Why?

SG: The Company of Wolves remains the reigning champion at present and has held the title for a very long time in my mind. I choose it for several reasons. First, it's imagery, surreal and at times disturbing as it may be, is first rate, and it's one of the few movies that use real wolves in at least some of its transformation sequences. (Yes, I know they fudged and used German Shephards in other scenes. They're still better than ape suits or hairless rat monsters.) Second, it's very intelligently written, a piece that makes one think--even if its multi-layered stories-within-stories makes it hard to follow the first time or two viewing. Third, and perhaps most importantly, the werewolves are not always evil monsters. They have a sympathetic element and are presented as a metaphor for something other than the evil Freudian id that wants to kill pointlessly. I should note that of all the werewolf movies I've ever seen, American Werewolf in London included, the transformation scene in The Company of Wolves was the only one that scared me so much that I had to stop watching momentarily. Granted, I saw it back in 1986, probably around the time some of you were first being born--I was a lot younger then myself.

Note also that what I've seen so far about Freeborn looks promising, and if allowed to be produced in accordance with the vision of its director and screenplay writer, it could easily seize the title for the reasons outlined above. Both Camp Lycanthrope and Hour of Darkness also look promising as potential title holders. But, I'll have to reserve judgment until these movies are actually made, as I had similar hopes for another piece, The Lycanthrope, and found it to be little more than the usual budget horror, except for the great soundtrack and a few great extras who stole some of the scenes.

As for favorite mainstream horror werewolf movie, for the longest of time, it would have been The Howling. But, I loved Dog Soldiers, the movie that currently most closely matches my image of how a werewolf in hybrid form would appear. I'd have to say this one is, as CNN would say on election night, too close to call. So, instead I'll have to go over and knock on the door.

WM: Favorite animal? why?

I'm not generally one to play favorites with the animal kingdom, as that's not a genre or venue with which I can apply the idea of favorites. I can have a favorite TV show or flavor of ice cream, but I can't have a favorite hand (in spite of my tendency to write with the left pretty exclusively) or a favorite son-in-law. But, if one must force the issue, it's hardly a stretch of the imagination what my answer might be.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Damn, no kidding huh? I actually don't remember when I was here last *chuckles* Busy, busy year for me. FAR too busy :P The place looks great! Kudos to everyone who's been working on this!

And now, my answers:

What kind of were do you think yourself? Werewolf, of course. Big, snarly werewolf, with big fangs and claws and junk.

Favorite werewolf movie? Why? American Werewolf in London, because I love the way they did the werewolf in it. At least, until Freeborn comes out, anyway ;)

Favorite animal? why? Wolf. For spiritual reasons. I don't think I chose it, I think it chose me.
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

You said it. I hardly recognize the place...

1) What I am: Coyote. (No Wile E. jokes, please.)
2) Favorite werewolf movie: Eh, haven't seen that many which I even liked. 'Wolf' starring Jack Nicholson was pretty good. "The wolf is not evil unless the man he was was evil." or something like that.
3) Favorite animal: Cat. They do love us, but they won't give up the attitude.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Evenin'. Name's Templar.

Ain't a werewolf, though I am crazy and do like to fight, so guess I'm kind of a berserkr...anyways, don't touch me and everything will stay peachy.

Either Dog Soldiers (best looking werewolves I've seen so far) and Ginger Snaps (Catherine Isabelle at times creeped me out more than the wolf did)....

Love the komodo dragon, cause if the teeth, claws, or tail don't gitcha, the super parasitic saliva will.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

What Mafia wrote:Man, so much has changed, I've been here for so long, and I feel like a complete stranger! :(

None, really. I would love to be able to take on the form of a great many different creatures (from Birds, to Dragons, to various Canids and more), though I would be ecstatic to have even one alternate form (...as long as it was Cool. No Invertebrates Snakes or Fish.).

Again, None. I've never seen a Werewolf Movie I really liked. As sad as it may be, I'd almost have to say "Teen Wolf" just for being so stupid it's funny. (Although..."Van Helsing" was fun to watch...even if it mostly sucked overall.)

Favorite animal? why?

Image ( ...do you really even need to ask?... )

Why? ... I love Dog's and dog-like Mammals ... Black, White and Orange/Tan/Brown are my favorite colors to wear ... I just think they are really cool looking animals ... and I'm undeniably obsessed with that long, fluffy, bushy brush Tail.

( ... I want one ... Image )
Last edited by Vuldari on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Good to cya back,
(for instance, I know Shadow Wulf, thinks of me as a fox) though i'd sorta like to know what people see me as eventually, :lol:
I never said that. :lol: I actually think of you as a wolf more, but with that mask I thought you a bit of a fox like.
Really that whole PM confused me :lol:
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Not really a were-anything... just a normal ordinary fan of werewolves. As for Midnight... he's a bit metaphor, a bit RP character and a bit what I'd end up being like it was possible. On that note... if it was possible it would be a very tempting thought... but my life is just complicated enough already without adding more complications.

Haven't really seen any werewolf movie I'd call "great" yet. "Dog Soldiers" was a fun army-vs-monsters movie but the werewolves didn't really impress me that much. "Wolfen" was good and atmospheric but lacked a certain... something. I voted it as the one I'd most like to see a sequel for... hopefully it would make the sudden character shift at the end make more sense. "Van Helsing" was loads of fun but the werewolf was really just incidental to the plot. "Wolf" would probably be my favourite of the werewolf movies that really stick in my mind. Jack Nicholson's acting in the film was superb.

Favorite animal? why?

Not something I really think of much in matters other than ones relating to what's on the dinner table. Of live animals... I particularly like dogs, and I'd like wolves if I ever got the chance to see them in real life. Most other animals don't offend me either, though.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

What Mafia wrote:I came back today because what can I say, i love the pack... and it's all shiney and nice! Figarou did you even dust behind the TV? I am so impressed! :D
Man, so much has changed, I've been here for so long, and I feel like a complete stranger! :(

Favorite animal? why?

My answers:
What kind of were do you think yourself? Most likely somekind of werewolf/snowleopard...
Favorite werewolf movie? Why? I personally like Dog Soldiers for the movie itself, plot and characters. I like the werewolf in The Howling though, he looked AWESOME for his time! Werewolf in London is pretty good too, it has it's moments. ;)

-im a wolf therian...grey wolf to be exact....so most likly the same in that respect..

-well....im hoping freeborn from what ive seen so far....but crrent ...i would have to say....even though they are pretty corny ...the american werewolf in london/paris movies......the paris on more because its a bit more upto date and better special effects....and the soundtrack isnt half bad.....but mainly the special effects are what get it...dog soldier was pretty good also

Favorite animal? why?
-well....wolf of course...ive been dawn to them since day one...i feel a special bond or connection with them .....one thats generally stronger than an average human would ever have...but i guess that plays alongside the fact that im a therian.....also i like foxes....there intelligent and cute and butifully colored...

:D :howl:  :oo