Star Wars Episode 3 Trailer

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Star Wolves very cool :lol: i want a padme ducky.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:Star Wolves very cool :lol: i want a padme ducky.
Yes, those guys at the Werewolf Cafe can be a riot. :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Well...SOMEONE out there agreed with me anyway...

Dissapointed reviewers:
#1- #2 -#3 -#4 -#5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I am apparently a very rare breed of Star Wars fan...

* I LOVED the Ewoks in "Return of the Jedi" (why does everyone Hate them anyway?)

* ...I didn't mind Jar-Jar in Episode I ("...Maxie BIG the Force...")

* ..."The Empire Strikes Back" was my least favorite of the original trilogy (...which is NOT to say I didn't like it. I Just liked IV and VI even MORE.)

* ...and...as you all are allready painfully aware...I HATED Episode III.

YES, Howling Fan...I AM going to see it again and give it a second chance...this time at a "decent hour"...without the rude audience members...on a Giant Sized, DIGITAL screen with THX sound this time.

(I was too late to get tickets for THAT theatre when I shopped for them the week before. ...I forgot to buy my tickets EARLY...so I had to settle for a small, local theater instead.)

MAYBE I'll like it a little better the second time around...in ideal conditions. ...but I'm not making any promises.

(...BTW...I'm still looking for a skilled Master SITH who will take me as his/her apprentice and teach me in the ways of the DARK SIDE. ...so I can take my revenge upon all of those who insist that the Ewoks sucked more than "Franken-Vader"...

I've got an impressive "Dark-Side" Resume'... ...a collection of SIX brightly colored light sabers, plundered from the bodies of Five slain Jedi, and one 'wanna-be Sith. ...I've got ANGER like you won't believe, and it makes me stronger. All I need is a master...Image
)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:I LOVED the Ewoks in "Return of the Jedi" (why does everyone Hate them anyway?)
No clue. I always liked them myself. To tell the truth, I wasn't really aware that a lot of people hated them.
Vuldari wrote:...I didn't mind Jar-Jar in Episode I
I didn't mind him either; although, I could understand why some might.
Vuldari wrote:..."The Empire Strikes Back" was my least favorite of the original trilogy (...which is NOT to say I didn't like it. I Just liked IV and VI even MORE.)
I never really considered choosing a favorite of the three--I liked them all.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I heard the DVD for Ep.3 will have deleted scenes. I'm not sure if it'll change the story much. :?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:I heard the DVD for Ep.3 will have deleted scenes. I'm not sure if it'll change the story much. :?
Have any DVD's of movies released in the last 5 years NOT had "deleted scenes" in them? (Not including re-releases of older movies on DVD) That is pretty standard "DVD content", along with original movie trailers..."making of" featurettes, Bloopers, and interviews with the creators/creator commentary tracks.

"Deleted Scenes" are allways deleted for a reason.

...the thought of scenes that even George Lucas thought were too bad (or irrelevant to the plot) to keep in the movie frightens me greatly...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:I heard the DVD for Ep.3 will have deleted scenes. I'm not sure if it'll change the story much. :?
Have any DVD's of movies released in the last 5 years NOT had "deleted scenes" in them? (Not including re-releases of older movies on DVD) That is pretty standard "DVD content", along with original movie trailers..."making of" featurettes, Bloopers, and interviews with the creators/creator commentary tracks.

"Deleted Scenes" are allways deleted for a reason.

...the thought of scenes that even George Lucas thought were too bad (or irrelevant to the plot) to keep in the movie frightens me greatly...

Not all deleted scenes ends up on the DVD. It could be a scene that'll ruin the film if shown. The director decides what he/she wants the public to see when it comes to deleted scenes.

Some scenes could be rewritten instead of deleted. Or have an alternate ending. Who knows what George has up his sleeve for the DVD this fall. :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:"Deleted Scenes" are allways deleted for a reason.
I've always wondered why this is a standard special feature. Most (but not all) of the time, deleted scenes are just painful to sit through.

-- Vilkacis
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

:?
I'm confused. I thought we decided to drop this debate.
Though I will say you only posted one legitimate review (from "Rolling Stone"). The rest were "ePinions" Internet bloggers, and I don't count those.
Vuldari wrote:Well...SOMEONE out there agreed with me anyway...

Dissapointed reviewers:
#1- #2 -#3 -#4 -#5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I am apparently a very rare breed of Star Wars fan...

* I LOVED the Ewoks in "Return of the Jedi" (why does everyone Hate them anyway?)

* ...I didn't mind Jar-Jar in Episode I ("...Maxie BIG the Force...")

* ..."The Empire Strikes Back" was my least favorite of the original trilogy (...which is NOT to say I didn't like it. I Just liked IV and VI even MORE.)

* ...and...as you all are allready painfully aware...I HATED Episode III.

YES, Howling Fan...I AM going to see it again and give it a second chance...this time at a "decent hour"...without the rude audience members...on a Giant Sized, DIGITAL screen with THX sound this time.

(I was too late to get tickets for THAT theatre when I shopped for them the week before. ...I forgot to buy my tickets EARLY...so I had to settle for a small, local theater instead.)

MAYBE I'll like it a little better the second time around...in ideal conditions. ...but I'm not making any promises.

(...BTW...I'm still looking for a skilled Master SITH who will take me as his/her apprentice and teach me in the ways of the DARK SIDE. ...so I can take my revenge upon all of those who insist that the Ewoks sucked more than "Franken-Vader"...

I've got an impressive "Dark-Side" Resume'... ...a collection of SIX brightly colored light sabers, plundered from the bodies of Five slain Jedi, and one 'wanna-be Sith. ...I've got ANGER like you won't believe, and it makes me stronger. All I need is a master...Image
)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Howling Fan wrote:I'm confused. I thought we decided to drop this debate.
Though I will say you only posted one legitimate review (from "Rolling Stone"). The rest were "ePinions" Internet bloggers, and I don't count those.
Who's debating?... ...I'm not...

We agreed to disagree.

Now I am just stating my own opinions about the franchise in general, and being silly.

(...as if I really wanted to become a Siths "aprentice"...I allready AM a MASTERSITHLORD...) Image

...and why should only the opinions of the editors of magazines and newspapers count? The opinion of some random guy you passed on the street is just as valid as that of the lead editor of "TIME" magazine.

Those five reviews were the only 5 out of 88+ listed that gave such an opinion. Just about all the rest gave the film 4/5 or 5/5 stars, and agreed with everyone else that it was the "best" of the prequil trilogy.

...am I not allowed to speak a word of opinion about the Star Wars franchise anymore?...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...the funny thing is...the more time that passes, and I am able to get over the shock of my initial dissapointment, I have been able to realize that it was not nearly as bad as I made it out to be.

Really...the original trilogy, (which I love so dearly) was just as bad in many places, but I didn't care back then.

For example, one of my favorite lines from "Retrun of the Jedi" was when all the Ewoks started bowing down to C-3PO, and two of them said to each other, (in the Ewok language), something that sounded suspiciously like "...That guy's wise...", "...yeah, to be sure...".

That was worse than anything I heard in Ep:III, yet I don't complain about it because I loved the rest of the movie so much.

Above all else, I really didn't care What George Lucas did with the story in "Revenge of the Sith", as long as he tied up all of the loose ends I had been wondering about for the last two-decades, and most of all, that I would be able to see my "Most anticipated Movie moment of All Time".

...because those "loose ends" were not explained to my satisfaction, and because my "MOST Anticipated Moment" Never Happened...I didn't care about the rest of the movie, and all of the cheezy goofy, aquard scenes that should have made the film "charming" and "fun", instead became "SALT IN THE WOUND" for me.

...THAT is why I hated Episode III.

In case you were wondering...my "Most Anticipated Moment", that I was crushed to learn I will NEVER see...EVER...was seeing Anakin, as 7-foot "man in black" DARTH VADER hunt down and destroy the remains of the Jedi order (with his new, self-constructed RED Lightsaber), as hordes of people flocked in fear for the first time from the MIGHTY Juggernaut ..."the most feared and powerful man in the UNIVERSE"...LORD VADER.
Last edited by Vuldari on Thu May 26, 2005 1:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

=^.^'= ~
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Here is your message I was referring to (posted below). You specifically said, in the future, to PM you about this "debate" and I would PM you back, yet then you went ahead and continued venting against "Ep. III" here on the forum again anyway.
If you have something more to say, just PM me, and we'll go from there. As for me, I'm pretty much tired of this whole thing, to tell you the truth.

Vuldari wrote:You made some very good points...and some gross-misinterpretations of some things that I said.

But...this should stop now. I could do a point-by-point, "I agree", "...NO, that's not what I meant", response to your last post again, but I won't.

All I will say is, I agree that the entire pre-quil trilogy was screwed up, (not just Episode III)...and will say that my alternate version of the film is exponentially more complex than the brief overview of the "key differences" I described before.

(...did I not mention that Anakin believed his beloved wife and unborn child had died...and that circumstances before he lost his body had led him to have a dirrect confrontation with Obi-Wan, which led to the incident of him being crippled?

In my version, he was allready leaning towards the temptation of the Dark Side of the force, when the fateful incident happened...which was the reason for Anakin and Obi-Wan confronting each other in the first place.

I did not mention that part, becasue it was essentially almost the same as Lucas's version. Many plot points in my version were very similar or the same as it was in "Revenge of the Sith"...just rearranged in a different order.

I am not describing anything in intricate...{the deep, personal, emotional motivation for Anakin turning evil...not just loosing his arms, legs, face and lungs...that was just the "Straw that broke the camels back"}...detail because, honestly, when you get down to that point, I had a dozen different ideas of EXACTLY what might have happened...but did not bother to choose one, because I was waiting to see what Geroge Lucas did with the story.)

Howling Fan wrote:No, you don’t have to apologize for your opinions about the movie, but it helps to be open to another’s point of view.
Yes...let's just agree to disagree. Episode III was NOT what I wanted it to be, so I was very, very dissapointed...and confused.

Episode III WAS exactly what most other Star Wars fans wanted it to be, so they are very, very pleased...

...let's leave it at that between the two of us...

Please do not respond to my comments in this post in counter-point.
(If you MUST...please PM it to me instead, as I don't think we need to invovle anyone else in this heated debate any longer.)

To everyone else...Watch and Enjoy "Star Wars Episdode III: Revenge of the Sith" Image

(I feel much better now...I am not figting my Anger any more. ...instead, I have chozen to embrace it...on my new path to becomming a SITHLord. Image)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Howling Fan wrote:Here is your message I was referring to (posted below). You specifically said, in the future, to PM you about this "debate" and I would PM you back, yet then you went ahead and continued venting against "Ep. III" here on the forum again anyway.
If you have something more to say, just PM me, and we'll go from there. As for me, I'm pretty much tired of this whole thing, to tell you the truth.
A "DEBATE" entails that one or both parties involved are attempting to convince the other that thier point is the move valid.

I am not trying to convince anyone to agree with my point of view anymore...therefore I am not debating.

All I am doing is stating my opinion and giving reasons for feeling the way I do about the Star Wars films.

With the exception of my comment about seeing Episode III again (I have the day off tomorrow, so I will likely do it then), my comments have not been dirrected towards you ("Howling Fan") or anyone arguing against my distaste for Lucas's final Star Wars "Film", specifically.

Dissapointment or not, though "I call for a vote of No Confidence in George Lucas's Directing ability...", I remain a Star Wars fan none-the-less.

...I just can't stay away from the topic, and would like to continue to "discuss" the high and low points of the Star Wars Mythology,(from the original film, to the Fan-Fiction/Novels, VideoGames and beyond) should anyone else feel the desire to share thier OWN opinions as well.

If you are tired of this topic, feel no obligation to respond. You CAN just ignore me.

Now how do I shake off this "bad vibe" and get this discussion back on a positive, friendly note again? Hmmmm....

*gets BONKED by a "Princess Leia" duckie*

"...what the?!...Where did that come from? ...who threw that?..." Image
Last edited by Vuldari on Thu May 26, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
*gets BONKED by a "Princess Leia" duckie*

"...what the?!...Where did that come from? ...who threw that?..." Image
Darth Smiegel threw it!! Image

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Darth Smiegel threw it!!

"....SMIIIIIEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEELLLLLL!!!!...."

**A busted old lightsaber shoots out of Vuldari's sleeve. With a click and a hiss, the distinctive Red blade of a SITH buzzes to life. Sparks fly as Darth Smiegel and Darth VULDAR clash in what is one of the clumsiest, most comical Ligtsaber duels in history. In the chaos, Darth Vuldar accidentally steps on the Leia Duckie, which gives off a loud *squeak!* causing him to trip and fall into Darth Smiegel, who in turn falls into a conviniently near-by 'bottomless pit', along with the Leia duckie, throwing force lightning for no apparent reason as he plummets, screaming, ".......at least I still have my prrrreeecciiioooouuuussssssssssssssss!!! .........." **

=^.^'= ~
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Vuldari wrote:A "DEBATE" entails that one or both parties involved are attempting to convince the other that thier point is the move valid.

I am not trying to convince anyone to agree with my point of view anymore...therefore I am not debating.
Here are your exact words: "I don't think we need to involve anyone else in this HEATED DEBATE any longer." Notice the word "debate," and you originally had the word "heated" in red letters, no less.
Vuldari wrote:My comments have not been dirrected towards you ("Howling Fan") or anyone arguing against my distaste for Lucas's final Star Wars "Film", specifically.

Again, here are your exact words: "YES, Howling Fan...I AM going to see it again and give it a second chance." Notice you specifically citing my name.

That's it. I'm done with this. "Seacrest out!!"
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Howling Fan...I sent my response to you 'via PM. Please stop snapping at me. Image
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...so...ummm...

...I think I'm just going to speed on over to Tashi Station now to pick up some Power-Converters and one of those new "Padme" duckies...or something...

*clears throat*

(*had nothing else to say*) Image

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Speedbump did some improvements on the Star Wolves pic he colored. It doesn't seem that much different, but you can clearly see the helmet Figarou is holding. (Darth Vader)

Speedbump also sharpened the picture and fixed some of the colors to the characters. Notice the grey ears on Figarou now? :D

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 2575#12575
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

That wizard is a crazy old man!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I loved it! I thankfully avoided this thread until after seeing it, knowing how it was ridden with spoilers. (Not that I didn't already go into it knowing that the Jedi would get killed, Anikin would be seduced by the Dark Side, and Padme would have two kids. That's already a known.)

I'd like to compliment a number of things about it, such how well it overcame the difficulty of generating tension when everyone already knows the end. But, seeing as most of you had a very different experience, I know that I'd be facing an uphill battle.

I was bothered a little at some of the surface inconsistancies, but they were mostly resolvable by minor unseen subplots that could easily have happened.

For example, I did notice that Anikin never specifically said that he would like for Luke someday to have the lightsaber. He could have just as easily told Obi Wan that, were he ever allowed to have kids, not that he's actually having them, mind you, as he's absolutely not involved with anyone, cough, cough, ehem, and if he were, say, killed by any one of the thousands of evils in the Galaxy during the war effort, he'd like to pass on his light saber and let his hypothetical descendant learn the ways of The Force. It almost felt like a deleted scene, but I felt it.

So Ben didn't go by "Obi Wan" since "before (Luke was) born." Give or take a few days. "Before you were born" is a common expression to denote "a long time." Besides, Obi Wan isn't known for full technically accurate disclosure, relying instead on emotional truths, like "Darth Vader killed Anikin Skywalker." Spiritually true, but leaves out an important detail.

My feelings about the two trilogies are a little off-kilter from most, however. I'm not as annoyed by Jar Jar as everyone else, though I do think his comedic moments (plus some of the Episode II battle scene comic relief elements, such as 3PO's head displacement) were mis-timed. I consider Episode I the most visually beautiful, and I'm sure the Old-School purists would want to raise their hands and choke me with the Dark Side of the Force for placing it over Empire's Cloud City aesthetics. I also consider Episode III on par with Empire as the best overall. I consider III a more complex story than the original A New Hope. (I know, that's blasphemy, and I can see your outstretched hands, blasting blue lightning.)

I was also pleased at how smoothly III transitioned into IV after seeing them in order. (III on the big screen, then IV at home.) Yes, there were some rough plot speed-bumps, but I actually expected more. I felt the transition added a new twist to watching the original Episode IV, making the Darth Vader / Obi Wan interplay more heavily underscored. It changed the flavor of IV, making it somewhat a bit more somber, since I had just seen how the Jedi order and the grand Republic at their very last and their fall from glory, making those things, once only mentioned, more real to me the next time through.

So, send your Star Destroyers, troops, and Death Stars after me. I'll stand my ground with my light saber to the last, because I genuinely considered III a good movie.

Now, does my wolfie eyes mean I've been seduced by the Dark Side?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

I'm glad you enjoyed it Scott Gardener!...Image

...I wish I could have...Image

...and so I remain the only 1 in 1,000,000.00 that was expecting something else from this film. *sigh* ...so be it.

Honestly...if "Revenge of the Sith" had not been a STAR WARS film, I probobly would have loved it for what it was. In fact...I'm sure of it.

The whole experience was tainted black in my mind because, though it provided lots of drama and thrills...they were not the Dramas and Thrills that I was looking for.

I was starving for the biggest, juciest, most tart ORANGE I had ever tasted...but what I was served was a very bright, bitter-sweet PEAR instead...and I stomped on it in disgust, rather than allowing myself to enjoy that it really was a reasonably tasty pear...though it was no orange...

(...Has my metaphor totally confused you yet? ...good...Image )

...so there you go...

GO SEE "STAR WARS Episode III: Revenge of the Sith!"[/size] ...It's a really good Pear.

(...I HATE pears...yuck...Image)

=^.^'= ~
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Ick i hate pears. Well i actually just got back from seeing it a second time and the second time around is so much better vuldari and i liked it the first time. I think this time you will be able to enjoy it alot more without being dissapointed because this time you know what to expect. So put on your jedi outfit put your hood over your face march into that jedi temple and if sucks still, well there is always order 66.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Because of miscomunication about "when" we were getting together, my fathers insistance on eating before the movie, and then my brother outright refusing to see Episode III again on any screen other than the biggest available (we were forced to watch the midnight showing on a small screen becasue we got in line too late, and so were directed into the "overflow" theater), I did not end up seeing Ep:III again yet.

Instead, we ended up watching Episode: I on DVD, thursday night.

...what I found was that I actually LIKED "Phantom Menace" quite a bit...regardless of the numerous flaws which we loudly pointed out while watching the film.

I will be working every day for the next week or so...disalowing me from catching the 4:15PM (the ONLY time Ep:III is shown on the digital screen each day), show. In the meantime, I will probolbly watch Ep:II "Attack of the Clones" again to see how I feel about that one as well.

I won't really know for sure untill I have seen II and III again, but I think "Phantom Menace" was actually my favorite of the Pre-quils.

We'll see how I feel about "Revenge of the Sith" once I am able to see it on the Giant, Digital screen with THX sound...and without the rude (laughing at inappripriate moments) audience, and unrealistic expectations from the film.

*meniacal laughter*...otherwise I just might have to issue "order 66" after all...
...watch your back...

=^.^'= ~
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

ahhhh the clone vuldari's might come and get me :o
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Darth Canis wrote:ahhhh the clone vuldari's might come and get me :o
...you have NO Idea... Image

...we're everywhere...in every continent...in every nation...in every city...and even in your own town. ...one of us may even be monitoring you right now...Image

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Haven't seen the movie yet, but it can't be that good if it took less than two weeks after it's release to come up with a United States of parody.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Terastas wrote:Haven't seen the movie yet, but it can't be that good if it took less than two weeks after it's release to come up with a United States of parody.
...the scary thing is...that cry really is in the movie...