full moon day/night

The place for anything at all...
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

full moon day/night

Post by Miragh »

As an “experienced drinker“ I know how to prevent a hangover, however, I found some difficulties
waking and especially getting up this morning. Still dizzied from last night’s drinking excess, I
stumbled out of bed and froze in awed silence before my window. We all have seen countless full
moons but whenever I lie my gaze upon this full disk I can’t help but feel intensely excited and
find myself longing.. carving for something.

I know the picture is quite bad; especially the moon just appears as a big flash. I took it with my
mobile phone as I don’t possess a digital camera. But it should give you the idea how it looked
like, especially as the moon wasn’t high above the horizon and therefore HUGE!

During the drive to work I found myself wondering then, how you’re going to spend the full moon
day/night. For myself I prefer to walk to the bay here, as the sky above is not illuminated by the
cursed artificial city lights, at least one wouldn’t notice unless you turn away from the sea, facing the city.

Once at the shore I usually find myself a nice spot, I prefer to avoid going always to the same
place. There I make myself comfortable, which means settling down with beer, ipod, pocket pistol
filled with whisky and a joint. (disapproval for the last one is not recommended for your sake)
That’s about it. What follows is staring, admiring, and pondering until it gets too cold or the
unwelcome clouds are blocking the sight.

Speaking of which, for tonight (full moon’s peak is for GMT around 00:24 on the 5th) I’m worried
as it is still raining and the sky is grey as usual, but I keep my hopes up, as we usually see 4
seasons a day here, the only benefit living right next to the Atlantic Ocean.

So, what’s about your full moon day/night?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Usually there is no full moon whenever I go out, or anything, but I know from my own experience that a full moon can be really hypnotizing. Especially bloodmoon's. I can look at full moon's untill my eyes tear like s***. :)

Edit: the full moon over here was yesterday.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lena
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lena »

One thing I miss about home was the nearness of water. Here in southern Pennsylvania, it is get too cold so Marina and I will probably cuddle in front of fireplace because the large window is on the other wall and if weather is good, we watch the moon and make love.

In summer time we would go to local park in mountains and go swimming and such. This was sometimes not a good idea as the park is close at dark, but we park kilometers away and walk into the area.
To hunt, to run, this is living, this is freedom, this is me.

Things can change overnight; it depends upon how late you stay up and with whom you are doing it.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

It's bright tonight, very bright, we see all phases of the moon in all places in the sky; I live near the ocean, a walk from the beach. The moon might be at apogee (Closest in it's orbit...I think it's apogee or is it perigee? One or the other, anyway). So it appears larger.

I was out getting the dog I am babysitting her blanket and stuff for indoors and looked through the plastic on the pagola thing, and the moon was bright orange! It was just a trick of the plastic, the moon isn't orange tonight, but boy it was creepy, and cool. I love crescent moons too, those are extremely powerful for me, especially if they are yellow, or hanging by the horizon.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

I dont think I've ever seen the moon as bright as it was last night, there was a bright light everywhere and it was actualy bright enough to cast crisp shadows where I was. I could look at my curtains and see a glow around them from the bright mood light. Now that was cool.
Lena
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lena »

One time when I was a girl on the farm I saw the moon out and it looked almost like it would touch the ground and was very large, it seemed bright enough to read a book with!

I got my first kiss that night too.
To hunt, to run, this is living, this is freedom, this is me.

Things can change overnight; it depends upon how late you stay up and with whom you are doing it.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i was overcast and rained again....like it does every full moon .....on average i see about five out of the 12 months worth...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:Usually there is no full moon whenever I go out, or anything, but I know from my own experience that a full moon can be really hypnotizing. Especially bloodmoon's. I can look at full moon's untill my eyes tear like s***. :)

Edit: the full moon over here was yesterday.
Same here. And cool picture Miragh.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

REALLY bright again tonight, btw if you wanna take a gander :)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Lone_Wolf wrote:REALLY bright again tonight, btw if you wanna take a gander :)

i can see it tonight and i would be out there now howelling at it if i wasnt in class right now but i guarentee ill be when i leave school....

HAAAAAAWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I saw it last night.
It wasn't as close as it usually is but who cares?! I can see it and I'm thankful for that. :D
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

I wear sunglasses at night.. cause the full moon is so bright. >_> don't hurt me! *scatters away*
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

tyger wrote:I wear sunglasses at night.. cause the full moon is so bright. >_> don't hurt me! *scatters away*

hehe...your not the only wolf with light sensitive eyes.... 8)
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

It was snowing here, but it stopped about 8:00ish and I can see th moon i all it's beauty over a frozen waste
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:It was snowing here, but it stopped about 8:00ish and I can see th moon i all it's beauty over a frozen waste
sounds very beutifull hun.....id like to enjoy it with you one day soon i hope
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah... i love the full moon... so pretty... and hypnotizing... and that's an awesome pic, miragh! i like it!

.......awoooooOO!!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

how is my full moon night you ask? well i play games then watch some TV then go to bed
i dont have time to just go stare at some object that is slowly straying away from are planet
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
GiftedWereWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: ScarletMoon

Re:Fullmoons

Post by GiftedWereWolf »

I get a great glimpse of the fullmoon where I live. I can walk across the street from my place to this open field and just gaze up at how beautiful the moon is.

May all of you have such lovely viewings of the moon :)
May the light touch you always...
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kuro »

I noticed the moon this week and me being odd, called up my best bud and pack mate Aka and had a good howl over the phone. Luckly not a single neighbor came out and smacked me upside the head for doin it lol. But you are right its mezmorizing and exciting at the same time. You just can't help but love it lol. :lol:

~Kuro
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'e heard there's such a thing as a "lunar rainbow," which is just like a normal rainbow, but instead of being sunny while raining, the moon is out.

Has anyone here seen such a thing? I can't wait to ever see one myself.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

I like to look at the moon. It just looks so pretty...and it has this alluring aura with it.
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I've seen a lunar halo, It's a band of white moon light reflected off thin clouds in the upper atmosphere and it covers a larg area, totaly encicling the moon
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:I've seen a lunar halo, It's a band of white moon light reflected off thin clouds in the upper atmosphere and it covers a larg area, totaly encicling the moon

i could just loose myself in staring at that ....sounds really nice
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

It was the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on, apart from you my dear :D
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Wolf Moon: January...

Post by RedEye »

Being as I live in the middle of one of the biggest cities on the planet, I had to drive a bit; up, into the Angeles Crest Forest. An hour later, I was still below the clouds and the rain was turning to snow, but the Lady was playing with the clouds; out now, then hidden again. I finally found a spot where I could pull over and not be in traffic and also well away from the counter-glow of the City lights on the clouds...
A couple of 'cousins' were singing to Her and I just grooved. The air was cold, with the 'new winter cold' of dampness, and my breath fogged the air around me with little puffs that would glow when the Lady appeared, and vanish when She slid behind another cloud.
The quiet was calming, and the cold was outside of my nice heavy coat (sadly, a parka) so I was quite comfortable...
Finally She was gone and I drove home...about 02:00. Maybe next month She'll be a bit less inclined to play hide and seek in the sky...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...