Venting

The place for anything at all...
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Welcome to my world.

Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

At this very moment, there's one thing I hate more than anything else. That's when people intentionally try to blur the line between the things that they need and the things that they want, or the things that they can't do and the things that they don't want to do.

Right now, for example, we're under the gun to get out of our apartment because of overdue rent. My brother's offered us temporary residence at his place, but there's a strict no pets policy, which means my mother's miniature schnauzer can't come. Her response?

"I can't just leave her behind!"

Yes you can! You just don't want to! Just yesterday she made a phone call to my brother expecting him to give up his house and move to a place that does allow pets so she doesn't have to give up her dog. She's expecting the two of us to compromise everything just so she doesn't have to give up anything. Even the dog, which is high maintenance and misbehaves to the point that she now threatens to kill it practically every hour on the hour, she isn't willing to give up.

I know it's cold, but she whines and complains that she "can't wind up homeless," but she also whines and complains that she "can't live in an old person's neighborhood," "can't live in the projects," "can't live in the hustle n' bustle," "can't live in the boonies," "can't give up the dog," and "can't let anyone to know she's in financial trouble." So in short, the only thing she wants is what we currently have and can no longer afford, and even though she doesn't want to wind up homeless, she's risking it because she doesn't want to give up anything else either.

I'll warn you guys in advance that I might (probably won't, but might) disappear for a while again. The very first things she put price tags on and put on Craigslist were all of my stuff; the only things left that I own which are worth more than $50 are the chair I'm sitting in, the desk I'm sitting at and the computer I'm typing this message on, and I figure it's only a matter of time before she decides that I need to give something up again.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

I am really pissed off at the letter N... Why... well because it is damn near in the middle of the alphabet... Now if it was exactly in the middle of the alphabet, there wouldn't be any issues... but there ya go. Plus it is used in words like, negative, No, Not, Never...

Sorry couldn't resist...

carry on with the venting... A little laugh in the bleak world doesn't hurt sometimes. :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Looks like a falling propane tank.
So where's the sticker that says "Made in Japan"?
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Terastas wrote:At this very moment, there's one thing I hate more than anything else. That's when people intentionally try to blur the line between the things that they need and the things that they want, or the things that they can't do and the things that they don't want to do.

Right now, for example, we're under the gun to get out of our apartment because of overdue rent. My brother's offered us temporary residence at his place, but there's a strict no pets policy, which means my mother's miniature schnauzer can't come. Her response?

Yes you can! You just don't want to! Just yesterday she made a phone call to my brother expecting him to give up his house and move to a place that does allow pets so she doesn't have to give up her dog. She's expecting the two of us to compromise everything just so she doesn't have to give up anything. Even the dog, which is high maintenance and misbehaves to the point that she now threatens to kill it practically every hour on the hour, she isn't willing to give up.

I know it's cold, but she whines and complains that she "can't wind up homeless," but she also whines and complains that she "can't live in an old person's neighborhood," "can't live in the projects," "can't live in the hustle n' bustle," "can't live in the boonies," "can't give up the dog," and "can't let anyone to know she's in financial trouble." So in short, the only thing she wants is what we currently have and can no longer afford, and even though she doesn't want to wind up homeless, she's risking it because she doesn't want to give up anything else either.

I'll warn you guys in advance that I might (probably won't, but might) disappear for a while again. The very first things she put price tags on and put on Craigslist were all of my stuff; the only things left that I own which are worth more than $50 are the chair I'm sitting in, the desk I'm sitting at and the computer I'm typing this message on, and I figure it's only a matter of time before she decides that I need to give something up again.
It's really sad to me when the older generations are like that. It makes you wonder if things were 10times worse wat would they do then? Personally I'd give it all up if it truly meant life would change for the better. But nowadays people are becoming more and more selfish to the point it's all about wat they want not their family or their friends, just them. I can only hope thing improve for you and hope someone can talk some sense into her before things do worsen. Also if along wth the Craigslist try a garage sale or moving sale type of thing.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Terastas wrote:At this very moment, there's one thing I hate more than anything else. That's when people intentionally try to blur the line between the things that they need and the things that they want, or the things that they can't do and the things that they don't want to do.

If I were you I would refuse in giving up anything else. My friends grandma is like that it pisses me off. Your mom is being selfish and illogical, if anything else you can move in to your brother by yourself, I bet you she will follow.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:If I were you I would refuse in giving up anything else. My friends grandma is like that it pisses me off. Your mom is being selfish and illogical, if anything else you can move in to your brother by yourself, I bet you she will follow.
That is actually what's happening. I don't have any pets so I'm leaving for Vegas at the end of the month. Meanwhile, however, we have to vacate this apartment by the end of the month as well and she hasn't even begun to look for a new place. Hell, she hasn't even begun to pack yet. It actually doesn't bother me that she's already sold half my furniture; it would have cost more to ship it than it will to replace it.

What aggravates me is that half the furniture in my room went before she even began to consider parting with some of her own stuff. She has a lot of artwork, some of which is valued in the thousands, but seven years ago when we had to relocate from a town house to this apartment, there literally wasn't enough wall space on which to put it, so about 2/3 that artwork went behind the couch out of sight.

It only came from out behind the couch for review last December.

I know it's cold, but if she does wind up homeless, she has only herself to blame. She'll be the only homeless woman in the state with a diamond ring and an Edna Hibel collection.

I personally can't wait to move. With only one or two exceptions, the people in this town are just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to greed and denial than she will ever be.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

IndianaJones wrote:Welcome to my world.

hello to your world, now im leaving it :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Post by WereDragon25 »

I'd be moonkit's roommate. Anything to get out of my current home. I think I'm gonna move in August. If I move, I'll be able to get on the Pack more often. In case you're wondering, my grandma has altheimers, she says I can do something, I do it, then I get in trouble. I'm going crazy!!! Oh, sorry, a little off-topic I think. Sorry. :(
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDragon25 »

If you want, Terasta, you can move out here, and I'll leave my Grandma's place. :lol:
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.

Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

I don't know why, but my right hip has been killing me off and on the last month or so. At times it pops when I am walking on it...then it'll aches nonstop for a while, even days on end, then it's fine for a while.

But right now...omfg. :VERYcaf: :cry: I want to saw it off!

agh.....I'm too young to get a friggin hip replacement >.<
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

You know what sucks? I owe the government $400 and I only make 9/hour! That's like a check and a half! Its all because my boss feels that its better to get the money week to week and then owe. No! I like them quietly taking it away in the background and then I get some back. Its like found money.

This is really going to put a damper on saving up money to move! :(

At least Im suposed to get like $350 back from that tax break thing they're doing...that's a bright side.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

My problems are getting a little better, but my money still isn't. I found out not too long ago that my account has $300. AGAIN.

The frequency of this happening to me has led me to assume that maybe someone like me is destined to stay with that fixed amount of money. Whoever thinks this is funny, this is a sick joke and i curse the jester who f*** around with my thread of fate.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

*sigh* And now the rat is ill. :( He's all tilty and he had a little bit trouble breathing before. We're seeing the vet on Saturday. Poor baby.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Everyone! Right now! Get out of your chairs, open your windows, stick your heads out, and yell at the top of your lungs,

I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

:evil:
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Gevaudan

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Nice "Network" reference
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

Why, thank you. I think Howard Beale perfectly describes this thread. :lol:
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

yes, i agree. :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Riddle
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: A fox is a wolf who sends flowers

Post by Riddle »

I don't understand. Its..so hard. Why, how, can people destory so many beautiful creatures.
Why would anyone want to eraticate the wolf and orca? Well, I know why some would but, once they see them, see their beauty and how important they are to this world. I just....can't understand how anyone could be able to pull the triger.
Orcas like wolves were were shot at. Though not close to extinction like the wolf but still, tons of Orca were lost. Fisherman complained that they were eating all the fish so the Canadian government had a machine gun built so that any Orca that passed by it was shot on site. Though, Luckily, the orcas stayed away from the area where this gun was stationed(don't remember where, maybe in pudget sound). Then in the 1960's people starting placing orcas in captivity and most of the orcas died several years later and the calves only lasted a day to a month. Orcas' life span is equivalent to a human beings; they can live to be 70 or more.
In captivity most only live to me 13 or 15! They're split from their families and put into takes with whales(sometimes) out side of their social group. Some people even captured transients! Transients are orcas that eat other mammals. They're the ones you see on tv attacking seals. Resident orcas only eat fish. In the 1970's a couple of transient orcas were captured and were forced to it eat fish! I know one of those orcas died the others were mysteriously set free.
I mean, I want to go to SeaWorld just to see them but, watching them perform for our amusment would upset me. You can only see an orcas true beauty when its in the wild.
Sorry, don't mean to babble and I'm embarressed because I'm so upset now that this paragraphy probably makes me come off really young. Like 14. Can't stop crying.
I need a hug! :cry:

What started this was a video I saw on youtube of orcas being captured in Japan.
When you hear their distress calls and imagine them being separated from their families, it breaks your heart.
Heres the link to the vid, thought I'd share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLQNl2Z ... re=related

This vid is even more upsetting. You can really hear their distress calls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msgv7c3r ... re=related
Future marine biologist and Orca researcher.
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

:x Stupid humans!We call wolves beasts yet we kill them and so many other creatures. We destroy their habitat and in half the world if not more they're extinct and in the rest they're endangered. I despise this world! People panicking about the environment. We're the fools that made it this way. :pissedoff:

Lets hope that there is another world like this one that we can live on till we ruin it too. :hannibalwolf:
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDragon25 »

*Hugs Riddle* We all know this, we are also all trying to fight this. Wolves and marine creatures are beautiful. Hunters kill them for the fur, because teir beautiful, they think that they'd look better as a rug. Guess what, they are wrong! But, they have put laws up protecting them, and they broke the laws, and with faux fur, nobody can tell if the fur is fake or real fur. Oh, sorry *Stops hugging Riddle* I went over board a little. But, at least we ALL are trying to fight this. I also half agree with Irish Wolf, yes humans are worried because it affects them now, BUT we didn't do this, I think a lot of us fought against this from the start.

Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Now I have to vent.

Everyone I know totally disapproves of me wanting to get a Siberian Husky. My mother is absolutely adamant that Huskies have "wolf blood" in them and that they're unpredictable and dangerous; I bet she would totally disown my house if I got one. My sister thinks I won't be able to keep up with the dog, and my friends think the same thing. One of my friends even told me I had to constantly assert dominance over the Husky or it would turn aggressive on me. Hah! You'd think I was talking about getting a pet tiger the way these people talk. The worst part is, these are all college-educated people who seem to be reasonably knowledgeable about the world. Now I have to painstakingly demonstrate and explain Siberian Huskies to them, and they still might not believe me. *sigh*

On a semi-related note, my family thought I was either on drugs or mentally ill when I told them I wanted to go to Yellowstone to see the wolves. When I told my mum, she said, "are you sure you're not smoking pot?" Haha! I can't reveal my wolf/werewolf interests to my family without them getting suspicious about my mental stability. Hell, if I told them I was interested in transcendentalism, they'd fall out of their chairs. They'd probably try and have me committed for "confusing fantasy with reality." I already get a lot of flack for being so interested in fantasy and mythology. My best friends are no better. I could never talk to them about my wolf interests without them accusing me of being a "furry." I swear one of my buds has a real spiteful hatred for furries. His favorite phrase in relation to furry is "kill it with fire." I'm not a furry (I don't think anyway,) but what if I were? Sheesh.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Where are they getting their information on Huskies?
The one problem I read about is they like to roam and need a good in-closed fence and they can become bored easily, I do not recall reading anything about them waiting to attack people, they have wild animals on their mind.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Xiroteus wrote:Where are they getting their information on Huskies?
It must have been the fact that Huskies kind of look like wolves or something, who knows.

Kind of like in Family guy.
Peter: "I read a book on that once."
Brian: "Don't you mean you read nothing?"
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Im sorry about your situation, Beserker. I cant believe that there are people like that out there. Ignorant people who believe what they're told and do not think for themselves. Unfortunately we all come across them in our daily lives. If you are very serious about getting a husky then I'd say go for it but make sure that you are certain. Dogs are a big commitment and a lot of work for the new 15 years of your life. But they're worth the companionship and the love. I'd always recommend doing extensive research on the breed of choice and finding a good breeder also. Its always worth the effort.

And as far as wolves are concerned...I'd love to go to Yellowstone too. :D

On a side note (and kind of related) I was googling rat ear infections last night and came across a forum for snake owners where one person claimed that when all animals die they make screaming noises and twitch like they were hit by a car. She stated it like a fact. Now I have seen plenty of animals die and not a single one made a sound. Most sick animals do not make noise because they dont want to attract predators to them. It just annoyed me a lot because they people were so ignorant!