"Houston...Wii have a problem."

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

"Houston...Wii have a problem."

Post by Figarou »

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

exactly how stupid can these humans get ....freaking morons.. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Yup...these guys are idiots.

"We literally have consumers letting go of the remote like you do a bowling ball. You can't do that!" Fils-Aime said of a bowling game in its "Wii Sports" title.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

OMG
Humans are DUMB >.<
Seriously, how do you let go? Geeze they're dumb.
*shakes head*
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

NYURR!!! I'm out of ammo, I better throw my gun at the bad guy! *SMASH*

DEE DEE-DEE!!
:lol:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Why am I reminded of this? :?

Seriously though...this is funny as hell. Idiots. :lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Still haven't had that problem......wow......these guys just need to use the remote to hit themselves over the head, and not hit the tv
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

"We literally have consumers letting go of the remote like you do a bowling ball. You can't do that!" Fils-Aime said of a bowling game in its "Wii Sports" title.

That is all I can say.
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

I'm surprised I didn't hear anything about frivolous lawsuits on this matter.

If there was one, this is probably how it would start out:

Person 1: "Dude, I just broke the TV...:

Person 2: "I have an idea! Let's blame Nintendo! That way, we get the money to fix this stuff, AND MORE!"
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

PariahPoet wrote:NYURR!!! I'm out of ammo, I better throw my gun at the bad guy! *SMASH*

DEE DEE-DEE!!
:lol:
LOL, Ican picture someone actually doing that. :lol: Morons.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Last edited by Xiroteus on Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Arrgh.. Some behaviours truely contadict the whole 'humans are the pinicle of evolution' theory.

oh well. As long as I'm not setting a bad example.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

If you are stupid enough to actually throw the controller across the room on purpose in the bowling game, even though it gives you clear, on screen instructions how to play, reminding you to keep a tight grip on the controller at all times, it is not Nintendo's fault that you are breaking stuff.

I swing pretty darn hard sometimes in the baseball game, and I have never even come CLOSE to almost letting go of the controller. The wrist strap seems quite sturdy to me. It boggles my mind that anyone has been able to break it with momentum alone. I mean...the WiiMote simply does not even have enough mass to do so. It's feather light.

Truth be told though, I don't even use the wrist strap at all. I removed it from both of my controllers. It just gets in the way. Besides...so long as I keep my hand properly positioned on the controller, with my trigger finger wrapped around the ' B ' button at all times, there is no way it would ever slip out of my hands unless I tried.

Truly bizarre.

Anyway...when I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about the people who are suing Nintendo and demanding that they cease production of the Wii console immediately because the WiiMote is too similar to a patent they filed in 2005.

Link to Story

...which is nonsense if you ask me, because Nintendo was already working on their Controller prototypes before that patent was filed.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I had a feeling some problems would surface with that remote. Now knowing what they do about the remote and taking into account the three feet minimum, I don't think a lot of casual (or as I like to call them, sane) gamers are going to decide this is the best system for their tiny-a** apartments or dorm rooms.

I honestly don't know which system I'm looking at right now. So far there don't seem to be any systems without insanity in abundance among the consumers. :P
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Terastas wrote:I had a feeling some problems would surface with that remote. Now knowing what they do about the remote and taking into account the three feet minimum, I don't think a lot of casual (or as I like to call them, sane) gamers are going to decide this is the best system for their tiny-a** apartments or dorm rooms.
You really don't need to be dancing all over the place to use the controller effectively or expressively. I, for example, live in an apartment, and where I play my Wii games, there is only two feet between the edge of the sofa and the table in front of it, and yet, I find I have plenty of room there to Box, play Tennis, Golf, Bat and Bowl using considerably wide, sweeping motions. (I'm much more subtle with my movements playing Zelda and Rayman).

...lamps and table decorations on the other hand tend to become a problem rather easily though. I nearly knock the candle centerpiece off the table every time I play the Bowling game.

Bumping into each other is easily avoided as well, at least on the Wii Sports games. Since none of the Wii Sports require use of the sensor bar, you really don't need to be standing directly in front of the screen to play. Both my Brother and I have gotten strikes in bowling from the bathroom on the other side of the apartment...just because we could. So...you can stand wherever you need to in order to leave enough space between yourself and any objects or people that may get in the way.

Yes...there are new challenges involved in some scenarios...but with everything, it is possible to get the results you need with just a flick of your wrist once you learn how, without even having to get up off your butt. ...it's just more fun when you get crazy with it.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Oh no! I broke my Wii :cry: :lol:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fang wrote:Oh no! I broke my Wii :cry: :lol:
God damn penis jokes!
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

reading this thread... made me laugh so hard... wow...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U