NFL PLAYOFFS! Who ya rootin for?

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

NFL PLAYOFFS! Who ya rootin for?

Post by MattSullivan »

Please don't post here if you don't like football. It's fine if you don't like it, just don't ruin this post with "i don't watch football" crap.

Now, my picks...

My Denver Broncos are out of the playoffs, but since i'm also a West Coast california boy, I'm rooting for the San Diego Chargers to go to the Super Bowl. Them, or the Seattle Seahawks, who lost their first Super Bowl appearance last year. I sympathize with them because I had to watch my Broncos lose FOUR Super Bowls in the 1980's

Who's next? Who are you rooting for?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm not sure about this one. I'm tempted to root for the Patriots on this one, but they've already won three Superbowl in the last five years. I don't want Pats fans to wind up like Yankees fans. That's my reason not to support them.

On the other hand, the Pats have already been disrespected enough. Their the division leader, but only one Patriot is going to the Pro Bowl. That's my reason to support them.

I guess if I had to pick any other team, it would be either the Saints or the Seahawks. New Orleans, of course, is the team that had to relocate because of the Katrina/FEMA disaster, so if anyone in America needs a reason to celebrate, it's the people of New Orleans.

The Seahawks I like because, in a way, their kind of in the same situation the Patriots used to be. When the Patriots were fronted by Bill Parcels and Drew Bledsoe, everyone said it was a team that wouldn't amount to crap. But just like the Seahawks last year, they came straight out of nowhere and made it right into the Superbowl, but even when they were in the Superbowl, people still said the team wouldn't amount to crap. Then came game night and the team lost their opportunity to prove them wrong, cut down by a classic team wearing yellow pants figureheaded by an overrated veteran on the brink of retirement. I would love to see the Seahawks make a comeback just like the Patriots did.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Ok I'm a brit :P But if the New England Patriots are in the playoffs (They've won the last few years so i won't put it past them not making it :D )
*When you're down... howl*
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Honestly I haven't been able to keep up with Football like I used to :( But I'd say I'm right at there with you Matt, but definatly a Broncos fan :jester:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I say either go Cowboys, or go Saints. I will be equally happy if either of these teams win.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Go Cowboys!! :helmet:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Pats all the way
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I should have said Cardinals..One of my Cousins is on that team :P But hey I can't help what I like.. :jester:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Woo....go Alto Yellowjackets!

Sorry, that's the only football I care about just because I like to see my handiwork out there on the field mascotting it up. ;)

*prods matt*("I don't watch football" crap)

*grin*
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Re: NFL PLAYOFFS! Who ya rootin for?

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:Please don't post here if you don't like football. It's fine if you don't like it, just don't ruin this post with "i don't watch football" crap.
Oh, just for the record, I don't watch football, but only during the normal season; I pay attention to it, but I like enough teams that it would be too much to watch all of them dedicatedly. I'll be watching all the games from hereon though. Well. . . Except for the Pro Bowl anyway. I'm sure San Diego is a great team, but I seriously doubt they have nine of the best players in the league. :P

I'm probably going to catch hell for saying this, but the only team left that I dislike left in the league are the Cowboys. I know there are a lot of Tejas pack members so it's kinda' like my home away from home and all, but. . . *sigh* Bill Parcels and T.O., arguably two of the biggest assholes in the entire industry. :P Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to wait until at least one of them changes teams before I root for them.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I'd like to see the Baltimore Raven's make it :D Just cause their our home team :D
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Well, Dallas is out. So are Kansas City.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Silverfang wrote:Ok I'm a brit :P But if the New England Patriots are in the playoffs (They've won the last few years so i won't put it past them not making it :D )
Just so everyone knows, the teams in the playoffs are:

AFC:
Indianapolis Colts
[strike]Kansas City Chiefs[/strike]
New England Patriots
New York Jets
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens

NFC:
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
[strike]Dallas Cowboys[/strike]
Chicago Bears
New Orleans Saints

I don't know about you guys, but I was laughing hysterically at the Colts/Chiefs game. The Colts are now my least favorite remaining team left in the league for the same reason I disliked the Packers at Superbowl XXXI, the Broncos in XXXII / XXXIII, and the Steelers in XL: because despite being a great team, their success is attributed almost entirely to a good ol' boy that used to be the best of the best, but is now only half as good as he used to be and only a quarter as good as everyone claims him to be. As much as I disliked Dan Marino, I still have to give him points over Brett Favre, John Elway, Jerome Bettis and Payton Manning for being able to retire without a ring. :P
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

My dad is a patriots fan, my family is a patriots fan, I am a patriots fan. :D
Rootin for teh home team!!!!
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Don't you be dissin the broncos. or John elway for that matter. *readies a handful of duckies to throw* :}
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:Don't you be dissin the broncos. or John elway for that matter. *readies a handful of duckies to throw* :}
Go right ahead. I'm a Pats fan, I'm used to myself and my team being disrespected.

I was almost considering posting "I won't mind if the Chargers win," but then I saw their linebacker dissing the Pats on the news. If the Pats don't win, somebody better tackle that guy so hard he forgets all his piano lessons.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

my family is from the east coast dude. We like the Pats. And they won three super bowls recently how can anyone dis that?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:my family is from the east coast dude. We like the Pats. And they won three super bowls recently how can anyone dis that?
I don't know, but somehow people still do it. I have two theories:

1) The Pats used to be a horrible team, and there are still plenty of old duffers in the business that yearn for the days when teams were either always good or always bad (really, ten years ago who would have ever believed the Pats and Jets would be in the playoffs and the Raiders the worst team in the league?)

2) The Pats are becoming to football what the Yankees are to baseball -- the team that always wins and is therefore despised by the fans of all other teams. That's why I'm not a devoted Pats fan anymore; I don't want them to be so good they spoil the game.
wolfe
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: LOVE COMES TO YOU IN A DREAM AND LEAVES IN A NIGHTMARE

go ravens

Post by wolfe »

go Ravens
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Division championships coming up. This could get interesting and/or ugly.

AFC: Indianapolis vs. New England
NFC: Chicago vs. New Orleans

Right now my pick to go to the Superbowl would be either New England or New Orleans. The Pats, of course, are my favorite team, being the home team for me and all, and my close second is New Orleans because, if anyone in America needs a reason to celebrate, it's the people of New Orleans. The only problem with New Orleans is that, if they do make it to the Superbowl, whichever team they have to compete against is going to be "the bad guy." I really don't want that team to be the home team. :P

Oh, and just for the record, I don't hate the San Diego Chargers. Just LaDainian Tomlinson. I take back what I said about Bill Parcels and T.O. -- based on what Tomlinson said to the press before the game and after the game, I can say with certainty that he's now the biggest asshole in the entire industry. :wink: