Steak!

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.
GiftedWereWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: ScarletMoon

Re:steak

Post by GiftedWereWolf »

Internet cafe, eh? Cool...once upon a time I worked for Starbucks....avoid that place to work if possible 8)
May the light touch you always...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Well THAT made me hungry now! ... argh :o lck

Noted and willing to try this! It's almost dinner time around here anyway. Cheers!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Yorkshire pudding?
It's basically a thick roue that's made by mixing the pan drippins with flour and baked. Very rich and tasty and good accompaniment, it goes without saying, to a prime rib dinner. Waste not, want not...
ImageImageImageImage
GiftedWereWolf
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: ScarletMoon

Re:Steak

Post by GiftedWereWolf »

This is so funny...seriously we are all posting items on just one subject and the ball just goes back and forth like a tennis court! *lol* I find that funny in my head :P
May the light touch you always...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

vrikasatma wrote:Yorkshire pudding?
It's basically a thick roue that's made by mixing the pan drippins with flour and baked. Very rich and tasty and good accompaniment, it goes without saying, to a prime rib dinner. Waste not, want not...
can you eat it by itself or do you eat it with or on the steak?? :)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ooh, Mom made some lovely Yorkshire pudding for Christmas! :lovebone:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

White Paw wrote:can you eat it by itself or do you eat it with or on the steak?? :)
You could eat it by itself but it's made from the juices and fat that drip off the roast and down into the pan, so it's eaten with the prime rib. Beef fat doesn't keep very well. And to tell the truth, it's so tasty it often doesn't leave the table anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

can you eat it by itself or do you eat it with or on the steak??
Well, us Brits either have little ones(about the size of cup cakes) with a roast...or we have BIG ones and fill them with meat or sausage and onion gravy. Also, the same mix (we call it 'pancake mix' or 'batter') is used for toad in the hole...basically a square dish filled with batter and sausages, and baked lck God I love yorkies. I always make too many cos they're SOOOOO good to dip in the left over gravy.

Yorkies....http://thefoody.com/baking/yorkshirepudding.html

Toad in the hole...http://thefoody.com/meat/toadinthehole.html
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote:
can you eat it by itself or do you eat it with or on the steak??
Well, us Brits either have little ones(about the size of cup cakes) with a roast...or we have BIG ones and fill them with meat or sausage and onion gravy. Also, the same mix (we call it 'pancake mix' or 'batter') is used for toad in the hole...basically a square dish filled with batter and sausages, and baked lck God I love yorkies. I always make too many cos they're SOOOOO good to dip in the left over gravy.

Yorkies....http://thefoody.com/baking/yorkshirepudding.html

Toad in the hole...http://thefoody.com/meat/toadinthehole.html

my mom makes what she calls a "toad-in-the-hole" where she fries up an egg and taks a piece of bread with the center cut out ( a little circle not the entire white portion) then she fries the egg inside the bread which turns into toast in the frying pan and throws a slice of american cheese over it.

its pretty damn good i might add lck
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

So the bread gets fried aswell?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote:So the bread gets fried aswell?

yeah... its really tastey :D usually take strawberry preserves and put a little on top.. lck
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:sickpup: What is it with you Americans and mixing sweet with savoury?? :lol:
I mean ...Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?!

Its just WRONG :lol:

lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I think I'll give it a try ... without the strawberry jam tho. It sounds nice and greasy, ideal for my new hobby...... Inreasing my cholesterol :lol:

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote::sickpup: What is it with you Americans and mixing sweet with savoury?? :lol:

Its just WRONG :lol:
how can you not like a pbj. you have serious problems and i dont mean the financial type i mean the messed up in the head type.. :lol:

let me guess you one of those that eat a peanut butter bannanna and mayonase sandwich :sickpup:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote:I think I'll give it a try ... without the strawberry jam tho. It sounds nice and greasy, ideal for my new hobby...... Inreasing my cholesterol :lol:

Hooray for grease :lol:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Ok, dangit, you guys talking about steak has made me hungry. I went to the new HEB superstore and got a couple packages.
I rarely indulge myself with steak, but dang, I got enough eye of round for two meals with three bucks! (I looove the new HEB here!) It's the only place I can get cream of squashflower soup. Soooo tasty.... :meat:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

PariahPoet wrote:Ok, dangit, you guys talking about steak has made me hungry. I went to the new HEB superstore and got a couple packages.
I rarely indulge myself with steak, but dang, I got enough eye of round for two meals with three bucks! (I looove the new HEB here!) It's the only place I can get cream of squashflower soup. Soooo tasty.... :meat:

im sorry but that sounds meatless and full of healthy crap thats not good for a growing wolfie :P :lol: :D
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

lupine wrote::sickpup: What is it with you Americans and mixing sweet with savoury?? :lol:
I can't stand even the thought of them myself... Peanut butter is good on toast... Jelly (or, preferably, jam) is good on bread or scones... but they just don't go together.
White Paw wrote:let me guess you one of those that eat a peanut butter bannanna and mayonase sandwich :sickpup:
Mayonnaise is horrible no matter what it's trying to pose as. If I want something on a salad give me a vinaigrette (or whatever it's called), preferably with crushed garlic in it. If I want something on a burger give me onions and tomato sauce.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Mayo is nasty, but you, my friend have obviously never tried honey roasted peanutbutter. :D
It's the only kind I'll eat.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

It's probably all wrapped up in cultural expectations and personal preference as well. I'm sure some of the things I enjoy the taste of would make you feel a little green (e.g. black pudding or pickled onions).

I've tried honey roasted peanuts and found them edible but that's about it... peanuts are odd, they go equally well in sweet (e.g. brownies) or savoury cooking, but the sort of peanut butter I like is the basic ground-peanuts-with-a-little-added-salt-for-preservative variety which doesn't lend itself for use in "sweet" contexts. (I tried a different sort of peanut butter once - an American brand - it was almost jellyish in consistency and had an odd taste that I didn't like).
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I had some honey sesame cashews the other night. Serious yummage.

I can't wait until Fred Meyers has their buffalo sale again. I'll pass up beef for buffalo any day of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed for buffalo cross rib roast this time around.

They also have turkuckens there, but they're $50! :(
ImageImageImageImage
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Dangit Vrik! I just had steak and you've already got my mouth watering again!
I am a fiend for sesame! Buffalo is indeed delicious! Makes for some really good chili!
(although I have to say I prefer venison over any other meat).

But at the moment I am in the process of making some beef jerky. (I hate the sugary pre-packaged stuff. Mine is a bit of salt and Texjoy steak seasoning only.)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

vrikasatma wrote:I had some honey sesame cashews the other night. Serious yummage.

I can't wait until Fred Meyers has their buffalo sale again. I'll pass up beef for buffalo any day of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed for buffalo cross rib roast this time around.

They also have turkuckens there, but they're $50! :(

a what?? :o