lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Beautiful But Painful

Post by lupine »

WARNING!!!

The following link may offend. If you are squeamish, please do not click the link.

All I can say is that the end results look absolutely awesome....But it must have hurt like HELL!!!

http://javimoya.com/blog/galerias/rubia ... icada.html

If I could stand it, I think i'd like one of this

I think it's one of Goldenwolfs but I think it would need to lose a little of it's detail
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

OUCH!
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Ay yi yi, that LINK! :jawdrop:

I have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to body mods but that was...intense. I kind of got the shivers looking at it. The only reason it didn't squick me out was that it was consensual. And to be fair, yes, the end result was pretty, but I think it would look better as a tattoo.

For those who are thinking about it...get ready to see a small-scale flaying. Frankly, I didn't think anyone would have the guts to voluntarily get skinned.
ImageImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I think it's the ...well what I can only describe as uncooked pork crackling on the tissue paper!!! lck :lol:

Final result is VERY striking tho. I think they call it SCARIFICATION.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

OH MY GOD!

Who would do that to them selves! :jawdrop:
THE GAME

My Armory
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

MMMmmmm, yeah, that picture was what got my goat. I'd be so wigged out if I'd gotten that done, I'd have stood there staring at it and thinking, "Dear Goddess. That's a piece of ME."

This coming from someone who asked for her wisdom teeth back.
ImageImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

You could have the left overs tanned and made into some nice braided necklace or summat :D Or sell them at craft fairs as eco/veggi friendly keyfobs :lol:

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

My friend Helen went to a scarification convention and got a huge sparrow across her side, back, and stomach. It is beyond awesome! Wish I had a pic to share...

I've done my own share of cosmetic scarring, but unfortunately I don't scar well anymore. I used to have "Pariah" written in the arch of my left foot. I also carved my jaguarundi signature image on my ankle. Both have completely faded away. :( The 'rundi pic is a stamp I made to sign my art. I've thought of getting it tattooed on my ankle where the scar used to be.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

thats freaking awesome :o
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I so want a tatoo :D
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

im sorry it may be just me but is that making anyone else hungry as well... :o lck
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

no thx.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Hm. It is pretty. I'd rather get tattooed though. My level of pain tolerance isn't high enough for something as drastic as that. Scars can fade anyway, like they did on Pariah. What good is it to do that to yourself only to have it potentially disappear?

And Pariah, if you ever get that tattoo, just know before you even ask them to do it that tattoos don't show up as well on scar tissue. Even if it did go away it the ink might still not take as well as it would on unscarred skin.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Z makes a good point. You could just as well get that as a tattoo and expect it to look just as good, and a tattoo would be easier, less painful, and last longer. I just do not see the logic in this. :P

I voted "yey" for body mods, but this is too much for me.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I prefer the look of scars honestly. They are more subtle and natural. But the purpose of scarification is not just the cosmetic scars it leaves, but the process itself. Most people do it without anesthetic and it triggers your body's endorphine so that even through the pain you get a feeling of peace and well-being. It also relieves depression for a while afterward.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

That's pretty awesome :jester: I'm sitting here eating chips an drinking juice..I think that was pretty kool, but I wouldn't do it..I would want a permenant one fer sure lol it'll take alot more then that to make me sick hehe :Jester3:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Z wrote:as far as body modifications, besides tattoos, ive only ever been interested in piercings, including the rare but awsum practice of stitching/sewing (if i could just find sumone experienced in it i'd have it done)

How the hell can you eat like that!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Some of that I find to be genuinely scarey. I'm one whom is against even a small tatoo. Knowing that people would willingly mutilate their bodies like that really makes me ask, why? There is no conceiveable reason to have that done. Sure, it is cosmetic with no medical advantage to it, but having to endure so much pain just to obtain a look that repulses 90% of the world? I will never understand it. Especially the stitchings.
:sickpup:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

I say yes because it's culture in action - and I am a fundamental context hog: I adore the wants of people and the drives of cultures oddities.

I do not, however, have any body mods out of the fact I don't feel compelled to get anything.

Yet... or ever (but that could change).

I believe that scarification is a beautiful art if done by someone who's well experienced. The latter is harder to find.

And anybody who says scars don't last - I beg to differ. A good scarification will last you a lifetime. That and I'm biased - I like them better.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Yay, I'm not the only one who prefers scars then :)

But I have been unable to retain scars since I reached my teens. At risk or revealing too much about myself, I have done some pretty serious self harm involving deep cuts, burns, and occasionally flesh removal. I now have no scars left from any of that.

Heck, I got a third degree steam burn(severity confirmed by an rn) a week ago and you can barely even see it now. Three days ago I went to another nurse on campus just to check and make sure it was doing ok and she though it was well over two weeks old.
I just heal really quickly.
The only visible scars I have now are about ten years old from horseback riding accidents when I was twelve.

*shrug* They don't last on me, but I still really like the look of scars.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Got plenty enough scars just from going through life, thank you.

Gimme tattoos any day, just give me a few days to recover after I get one.
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: Beautiful But Painful

Post by Morkulv »

lupine wrote:
If I could stand it, I think i'd like one of this

I think it's one of Goldenwolfs but I think it would need to lose a little of it's detail
It doesn't look anywere like that.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Very impressive! Skin peeling is a way ahead of what I as a “novice-cutter’ would do, nonetheless I admire the results.

A friend of mine once wanted a cutting (a scorpion, his zodiac, located on the right shoulder blade) and I said fine I'll do it, but first needed to get informed about the whole thing. During the talks and mails with some experienced cutters in my region and abroad I got more and more interested in it and decided to try it out on myself.

First and less serious I wanted to write something like “Yes, it hurts’ to answer any useless questions in advance, but decided otherwise as it is quite a personal thing, almost ceremonial. Therefore I gave it more thought and deceided for something which reflects more my basic views and opinion. (nope, a pentagram does not unavoidably connects with a belief in a divine or supernatural power, nor “evil’ nor “good’.)

That’s the result, about 3 years later:

Interesting enough the cut didn’t hurt as much as the aftercare, to hold the wound open as long as possible to get the scarring result you want.

PariahPoet wrote: Yay, I'm not the only one who prefers scars then :)

But I have been unable to retain scars since I reached my teens. At risk or revealing too much about myself, I have done some pretty serious self harm involving deep cuts, burns, and occasionally flesh removal. I now have no scars left from any of that.

Heck, I got a third degree steam burn(severity confirmed by an rn) a week ago and you can barely even see it now. Three days ago I went to another nurse on campus just to check and make sure it was doing ok and she though it was well over two weeks old.
I just heal really quickly.
The only visible scars I have now are about ten years old from horseback riding accidents when I was twelve.

*shrug* They don't last on me, but I still really like the look of scars..
You’re definitely not the only one :) and I can’t agree more! A scar is absolutely natural since it is part of your very own healing process; you’re literally growing it yourself. Yay!

But you’ve an impressive wound healing, especially when it comes to burns! However did you treat your cuts afterwards? Like remove scabbing using a toothbrush & peroxide or lemon juice or salt? Of course with this you have to be very mindful about personal hygiene, because of the increased risk for infection and this is where it really hurts. But I really think you have a chance to keep the scar you want.
:D
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Morkulv wrote:
lupine wrote:
If I could stand it, I think I1'd like one of this

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r8/L ... olf1vv.gif

I think it's one of Goldenwolf's but I think it would need to lose a little of it's detail
It doesn't look anywhere like that.

While I normally don't reference directly to the site:

http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2 ... alwolf.jpg
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Dear God in heaven.

I don't see how ANYONE can get a tattoo or jab sharp things into the flesh. I hate my body, but the last thing i want is to make it look worse than it already does.