2007, Changes afoot already

The place for anything at all...
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

2007, Changes afoot already

Post by Silverfang »

Well its barely into 2007 and already things for my family are gonna change.. a lot ??
First off, the bad news, I found out my dad's got heart problems, not serious but still.. it's worrying to me, we've already lost all but our Nan grandparent wise :( , then to add insult to injury, he's also being made redundant after 32 years at the same company :blink:

BUT! The good news is that my dad's setting up his own business, repairing clocks since he's got nigh on 40 years experience so I'm hoping it'll take off:
www.clockservicing.co.uk (as designed by my brother who's a wizz with computers but is still looking for work.)

As for me, aside living out my overdraft (I'm a student though so comes with the territory :lol: ) I've been lucky to get a full race helmet of my own :D and I was in for a shock a few weeks back when i got a phonecall, of all things, a motorsports team actually wanting to take me on for the summer :jawdrop:
www.newbridgemotorsport.com

After having a chat at the Autosports show they're taking me on (be it trial basis) and progressing from there, which would mean up to 13 race meetings all over the UK and maybe one or 2 visits to Spa in Belguim :blush: I was over the moon, almost litterly! :lol:
*When you're down... howl*
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Am sure all the negatives will iron out. It's amazing what the docs and drugs can do now. Hope he's fine.

As regards the racing...Nice one! Go for it Kiddo...

You got to grab these oppurtunities when they come along, or else you'll always wonder..what if....?

Hope all goes well. Keep us posted on your racing, And if you visit Oulton Park, give us a yell and I'll try and get over and watch.

Talking of oppurtunities, 07 has already thrown one my way. We want to emigrate to OZ and a company are showing interest in sponsoring me and my families application!!! I just fear it's all going to go against the clock a bit too much as we have to get consent from the kids natural fathers. Not something i'm looking forward to but like I say..you've got to grab it by the horns!
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

So far, 2007 has been about trying to pick up the pieces of 2006. My wife and I made out like bandits with a better job and a big house, but to say it was stressful would be more than an understatement; it would be incomplete. It was horrific. Every blessing came paired with a downside or as an afterthought following something bad happening.

What do I expect: I'm tentatively going to suggest, with tremendous optimism and hope--that things will start settling down. I'm hoping the year will entail being able to focus more on inane materialistic things, like upgrading mobile phones or getting a new car, rather than struggling through essentials. I want to get back to being able to take for granted stupid, silly things.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage