American Idol..i hate it...BUT...

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

American Idol..i hate it...BUT...

Post by MattSullivan »

I do watch the first few shows just to watch Simon rip on people with no talent. It's wonderful :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

lol, same here really. I love watching the first few eps of the season with all the horrible 'singers'. Its nice to hear the judges tear em apart :lol:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Is it wrong to laugh at the bad singers who blow their rejection out of proportion
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I dislike how they tell a little story about a person and make them seem really nice and like they want this really badly, and then they suck hardcore and are crying. It's just depressing, I mean i don't want to watch someone cry who thought they were ok at singing and got torn to shreds.

On the other hand some people do bring it on themselves, when they say i'm a vocal teacher and they suck you just have to laugh.

But other than that I dislike the first episodes, i usually record them and zip past the crap and listen to the good singers.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i hate American idol with a passion. It's dumbing down the masses, and all it does is pretty much take over the whole line up and my shows get pushed off in the process :x

And i hate it when people talk about it constantly! It makes them sound absolutely retarted! Every time i hear about some AI fan talk about last night's episode i feel that i dropped 10 IQ points.

AMERICAN IDOL SHOULD DIE!!

But i do admit like seeing simmon burning those tone deaf wanna'bes, it's a must see :lol:
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I don't even bother watching American Idol until it gets to the top twelve. And even if you wait that long, there's still absolutely no guarantee that all of the embarrassments and/or dumbasses will be gone by then. Heck, last season, the most embarrassingly gimmicky contestant in the show's five-season history won the whole damn thing. :P

The thing about AI in the beginning is that everyone is at fault.

It's no secret what's wrong with the judges, but if you tear someone apart verbally and they still come back to waste your time during the next season, that means they weren't mean enough. In all fairness, a lot of the AI hopefuls that don't make it past the first round can't sing for jack crap, but apparently their mothers all said they were alright and that's enough to convince them that they are descendants of the sirens. And of all the AI rejects, only 1% of them will take Simon's comment to heart and either make an effort to improve or pursue a more fulfilling career. The rest will curse out Simon, and a good number of them will make zero effort to improve their singing abilities before they return next year and waste more of Simon's time all over again.

The judges do go overboard with the criticism though, and that's what makes it so easy for the absolute rejects to pin their rejection square on the angry Brit and continue to delude themselves into thinking they can sing. A simple no would suffice, but that doesn't make good TV.

So thank you, but I'll be waiting until the live shows begin to see if I like it or not.