Need help with lyrics...please

The place for anything at all...
Loupin
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Don't blame the moon, she only glows.....

Need help with lyrics...please

Post by Loupin »

Never do anything as a wolf that you wouldn't do as a man....if you have a good heart...you'll be a good dog
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

im sure Fenrir can help he seems to know every damn language out there :P 8)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Okay I was bored and googled for you.

It's Gaelic, although the band appears to be German from what I found. All this I've found google, I'm part Irish and Scottish but can't speak any Gaelic haha (Just like I can't speak any Italian either), it's a beautiful looking language though.

Unfortunately, after some searching, I can't find any translation, there's no official one according to the band, so hopefully Fenrir can translate it. There is apparently a German version though. Also found out it's a Gaelic folk song.

Heh, I'm not really any help. I'm going to watch some more That 70's Show now I think.

:lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Loupin
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Don't blame the moon, she only glows.....

Post by Loupin »

Awesome guys thanks so much...I've gotten some of it translated..but I'm sitll workin on it...this info will help alot..

Thanks again!!
Never do anything as a wolf that you wouldn't do as a man....if you have a good heart...you'll be a good dog
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

"Liam" looks like it would be somebody's name... It's a not uncommon Irish name. Like Liam Neeson for example.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

....I don't know gailic... I can help just tell me what you want me to do, I can translate the German version, that's easy.

You want the lyrics in english right?

though from skimming over it, it looks to be somesort of sailing song, or maybe a memorial to "Liam" .... but at the end Liam dies, and there is something about a treasure.....I can translate the whole thing if you want, but I will wait for a repley before I start doing it, just to make sure you are stil interested in the translation. :D
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Kirk Hammett wrote: no official one according to the band, so hopefully Fenrir can translate it. There is apparently a German version though.
:superwolf:, I can translate the German version
im sure Fenrir can help he seems to know every damn language out there
Damn straight hwlwnk

though i don't know Hindi, Gailic, and French....amoung other things
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon