Re-Quest entertainment at a convention

General convention type stuff.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re-Quest entertainment at a convention

Post by Figarou »

Hmmm...since Re-quest entertainment is in Texas, you can make yourselves better known at a convention. Gives us the chance to meet some of you guys. Project A-Kon is in Dallas, TX. http://www.a-kon.com/

How about it?
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Oh yeah, I'm sure Meri and Dean will love that. I'll run it by em.

Anthony Brownrigg
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Oh yeah, I'm sure Meri and Dean will love that. I'll run it by em.

Anthony Brownrigg

Cool. I hope there still is time for them to have a booth/table.

See you there. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

What you guys can do is show everyone what your company can do. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up some business there. :wink:

Also, you can show us werewolf fans some progress on the film. Maybe a transformation sequence. :wink: That would be awesome!!!

You can also make some cash on the side. Selling T-shirts, sketch artwork, posters, you name it!! :mrgreen:

The actors can sell pictures of themselves in a movie scene or some type of pose. They can sign it and make it out to the person who is buying the picture.

Oh, there is so much to do there!!! :P
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Figarou wrote:What you guys can do is show everyone what your company can do. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up some business there. :wink:

Also, you can show us werewolf fans some progress on the film. Maybe a transformation sequence. :wink: That would be awesome!!!

You can also make some cash on the side. Selling T-shirts, sketch artwork, posters, you name it!! :mrgreen:

The actors can sell pictures of themselves in a movie scene or some type of pose. They can sign it and make it out to the person who is buying the picture.

One problem./ We haven't done casting for the movie yet. Plus, I don't think we would have time to put together a transformation sequence. I don't know though. It is a good way to make some sied money...
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:What you guys can do is show everyone what your company can do. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up some business there. :wink:

One problem./ We haven't done casting for the movie yet. Plus, I don't think we would have time to put together a transformation sequence. I don't know though. It is a good way to make some sied money...
oh, ok. No biggie. Just a thought.

Who knows. In 6 months time, things can change. :wink:
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

well...yes. Also, the movie will be made in 2005. I was told that today. So im guessing that the cast will be there if we go. Though I have no clue when A-Kon is and I don't know if we could get a booth. The Director makes those decisions ya know.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Oh, by the way. We have booth.

A-Kon, Dallas Texas.. June 3-5.

http://www.a-kon.com

Got that confirmed last night.

Many Thanks, see you there.

Anthony Brownrigg
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

ABrownrigg wrote:Oh, by the way. We have booth.

Anthony Brownrigg
Awesome news! Any ideas of plans of what you'll be showcasing or selling? *cough*large werewolf resins*cough*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Oh, by the way. We have booth.

Anthony Brownrigg

Wooo!! I am so there!!! :mrgreen:
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

A-Kon has always been a con that was known for its open minded, friendly approach to those who want to try something new - something with merit. They've also been at the forfront of many of the newer concepts of the animae industry.

It's been one of my favorite cons for years and years. Can't wait for this next one!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silver wrote:A-Kon has always been a con that was known for its open minded, friendly approach to those who want to try something new - something with merit. They've also been at the forfront of many of the newer concepts of the animae industry.

It's been one of my favorite cons for years and years. Can't wait for this next one!

I only went twice. (1996 and 1997)

I'm not sure how much it has changed over the years. Guess i'll find out soon enough.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

One month to go!!!

Post by Figarou »

Only one more month for my vacation to start!!! WOOT!! WOOT!! (June 1-10)

I like to thank you guys for going to A-kon. I've always wanted to meet a film/production crew. If I get the chance, I'll go out of my way just to meet someone. But in this case, its lots of people!! WOOT!!

Not only that, I get to meet some Pack members!! WOOT WOOT!! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys as well!! I'm bringing my video camera to record every moment. I hope I bring enough blank tapes.

:D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Project A-Kon is several steps closer to world domination...

Post by Scott Gardener »

A-Kon as of last year was about five times as big. It's a lot more professional grade in terms of what they can afford to offer, including several live Japanese rock bands, a huge convention center, and a huge hotel in downtown Dallas. It's really evolved. Granted, I liked the intimacy of the early days, but there's still that sense of comradery. It's a lot more focused on Anime and less on general Sci Fi than it was seven or eight years ago, in part because Anime is much more readily available and less obscure in America today, thanks in part to A-Kon itself. Granted, you'll still find things like the Vampire LARPing, and furry fandom is an unavoidable presence there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Well, I'm glad A-kon has grown. There was one convention in my home town that never saw a 2nd year. To bad.

I hope there are some other hotels nearby. I plan on staying all 3 days. But I can't afford a room at that hotel A-kon is at. Especially when I plan on buying allot of stuff.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Well, I called the hotel to see what rooms are left. The cheapest room they have is $199/night. Yikes!! I plan on staying 2 nights. But I don't want to spend $400 doing it. I won't be able to buy anything if I spend that much. Guess I'll drive around and look for a Motel 6 or something.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WOOT!! I got a room at the hotel!!
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

A-KON. Dallas is over 700 miles from me. Too far, and it is coming up fast. :(

Anthrocon. Over 1000 miles away. More time, but more money. :(

Submitted for your approval, conventions I would like to see Re-Quest Entertainment represented.

In my backyard:

DemiCon (SF) http://www.demicon.org
July 28-31, 2005

AnimeIowa (anime) http://www.animeiowa.com
September 9-11, 2005

Easy drive (from my backyard):

Midwest Furfest (furry) http://www.furfest.org

I attended the inaugural MFF (2000). I never had a good reason to go back. If Re-Quest will be there, so will I. 8)