Limits

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

so if that's the case, i get to keep the long hair when i change back? Neato. I'm gettin' kinda bored having my hair cut short all the time anyway... Wonder what happens to WWs with afros or dreadlocks though? :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I agree with Vuldari, If you have to expend energy in order just to keep in Gestalt form, then you wont last very long in the form cause you will soon been too tired and wont have much energy give off. Not to mention you'll likely go on a feeding spree just to restore all the energy your constantly loosing. On top of that when you revert back you'll be so tired you would hardly be able to stand up. So yeah sense its in a solid form thier is no need to keep expending energy.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MLhowler
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: I ate the 3 little piggies!

Post by MLhowler »

Well, Vuldari, if you put that way, I have to agree with you...

Any toughts on the transformation/regeneration point?
A wolf is a life, a Pack is eternal.
Celtic Kierm
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Celtic Kierm »

You know, it would be pretty neat if, say the person has bad eyesite and has to wear glasses, when they turn their eyesite gets better, huh, imagine a werewolf with glasses *Super Nerd* :read2: "Just catching up on my laser therapy" Or injuries heal slightly faster. Just a thought.
Celtic Kierm
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Celtic Kierm »

I was thinking of the hulk sort of when I thought of regeneration, if you've seen the new one.After a big fight and he turns back, he's really weak. I agree that werewolves should have more strength when they're changed because they are, after all, suppose to be a sort of super-human beast.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

MLhowler wrote:Well, Vuldari, if you put that way, I have to agree with you...
...well, actually...

I meant to just explain the factors of the discussion, but I ended up writing a long description of what I interpreted as the most popular opinion instead.

Allthough I still support the basic idea behind the theory in my post, I would also like to state now that MLhowlers suggestion is not completely unmerrited.

After all...it is commonly associated with werewolves that they will change back to human form if killed or knocked out, and that idea conflicts with the one I shared.
(How would a Dead, or unconcious body be able to reverse-shift if all the energy has been drained away?)

I think this is another issue of logic and science vs. the appeal of mysticism. Having the strength, shape and power of the werewolves transformed state be a dirrect outward reflection of the unbound ferral energy pouring out from inside is a very poetic, and attractive interpretation from an emotional and artistic perspective.

That is one of the things I allways liked about the "DragonBall" series. The angrier and more determined the characters were...the bigger and more POWERFUL they became. It was very satisfying in a primal sort of way. ...Emotional energy being dirrectly represented on the physical plane...

So...in counter-point...though it may break a few logic barriers...the concept still has Merit.

(EDIT: 01/24/06) In retropect, I realise now that the "physical manifestation of emotional energy" was probobly Not what MLhowler was talking about. ...but it just sounds really cool anyway...)
MLhowler wrote:Any toughts on the transformation/regeneration point?
Not at the moment, no...
...None that I have not allready stated in previous topics, that is....
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Skorn
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: I don't fit in....but I don't care

Post by Skorn »

I would think they could run at least 10 mph faster then the regular wolf. At least 30 mph. If not 5 mph slower. Waaay stronger and able to travel 2x the normal rate of a wolf.
The Moon is my guardian, constant and true. The moonlight shows me the way. Shadows are my closest firends. Darkness is my weapon.......and fear....Fear is my ally.