Limits

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Limits

Post by Silverclaw »

This topic is for a werewolf's limits. Like how fast can they run, how high can they jump, how many duckies can they eat in one sitting :wink: ect. Discuss!
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: Weel, i dunno about you, but i can east alot of duckies...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:lol:

I imagine they would be able to jusmp a bit higher than a wolf, run a bit farther than a wolf and faster, and probably be overall stronger.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote::lol: Weel, i dunno about you, but i can east alot of duckies...

:lol:

Must be nice being able to digest plastic. :P

:D
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Yummy plastic :P

Wolves can run about 40 mph at their fastest. They are really good at running long distances without stopping. Wolves can travel about 40-70 miles in a day. I should think a werewolf would be able to do the same (in wolf or gestalt form) Maybe even a bit faster than that.
Last edited by Silverclaw on Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I can digest anythign! Including explosives!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Silverclaw wrote:Wolves can run about 40 mph at their fastest. They are really good at running long distances without stopping. Wolves can travel about 40-70 miles in a day. I should think a werewolf would be able to do the same(in wolf or gestalt form) Maybe even a bit faster than that.
Well, no they wouldn't be faster. Wolves may be able to go 40 mph but the fastest human on earth won't pass 22. So they'd probably only run as fast as a normal wolf at most.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

How fast they could run would really depend on their current form. If they were human maybe they could run a bit quicker then a normal human maybe around 25 a really fast track star. If they were in their half and half form they would have much longer strides and more muscles to aid them but not the agility of a wolf on all fours. So i would say the half and half form would run about thirty five. As far as the real wolf form goes i would say becuase they are supernatural creatures they could reach maybe forty five or something like that.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

How loud of a woof can a werewolf woof if a werewolf could woof woof? :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Their full human and full wolf (lupus?) forms would likely mirror that of their natural relatives, although in terms of the gestalt form, it would greatly depend on the individual. The werewolf probably could match the wolf's top speed with the right ammount of practice and experience, but since werewolves spend the smallest minority of their lifetime in gestalt form, their natural capabilities would be minimal in that form.

It would ultimately depend on how often they assumed gestalt form. Theoretically, a werewolf could remain in gestalt form long enough for his mind to associate that as his natural form and thus reach the height of the werewolf's physical capabilities, but remaining in gestalt form comes with a whole new set of faults, namely the presence of humans -- between being a slow runner in gestalt form and being hounded by legions of, tabloid reporters, Van Helsing wannabes and suits in black helicopters every day of your life, the former should be preferable to anyone with a double-digit IQ.

So it wouldn't be so much a question of how fast or how strong a werewolf is, but how experienced a werewolf could become without getting exposed.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:but remaining in gestalt form comes with a whole new set of faults, namely the presence of humans -- between being a slow runner in gestalt form and being hounded by legions of, tabloid reporters, Van Helsing wannabes and suits in black helicopters every day of your life, the former should be preferable to anyone with a double-digit IQ.

Wouldn't remaining in Gestalt form drain the werewolf? The metabolism is extremely high in that form.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

How loud of a woof can a werewolf woof if a werewolf could woof woof?
A werewolf would woof as loud as he could woof if a werewolf could woof woof.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:
How loud of a woof can a werewolf woof if a werewolf could woof woof?
A werewolf would woof as loud as he could woof if a werewolf could woof woof.

WOOF!! :)
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked

Re: Limits

Post by Akugarou »

Silverclaw wrote:how fast can they run, how high can they jump, how many duckies can they eat in one sitting..
Don't know anything about those.. but I bet a werewolf can disembowel someone talking on a cell phone during a movie in under 3 seconds flat!

lck Mmmm! Butter flavored.

:wink:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Two seconds if it's Freeborn. If it's Howling IV (which was direct-to-video, actually), the werewolf is likely to let the person live, using his or her keen sense of hearing to eavesdrop in on the conversation. With any luck, they'll be talking about something interesting, like fig production or how the company's 941 payments didn't match the numbers from the accounting department.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Meep. I agree with the disembowling thing. :lol: They can even use that when someone keeps on chatting on about something that's not even related to the movie.

Person: So, like, Ashley was, like, totally hitting on Mike and, like, Lindsey was getting soooooo jelous! And, I was ,like, whatever because, like, Andrew is totally hotter than Mike and like...

Werewolf: *growlsnarlsnarl* FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT THE F* UP!

Person: *bloodcurdling scream from movies*

Werewolf: *maimscratchmutilate*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wolfhanyou wrote:Meep. I agree with the disembowling thing. :lol: They can even use that when someone keeps on chatting on about something that's not even related to the movie.

Person: So, like, Ashley was, like, totally hitting on Mike and, like, Lindsey was getting soooooo jelous! And, I was ,like, whatever because, like, Andrew is totally hotter than Mike and like...

Werewolf: *growlsnarlsnarl* FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT THE F* UP!

Person: *bloodcurdling scream from movies*

Werewolf: *maimscratchmutilate*

Ah the joys of having your own home theater. :D

So peacefull. So quiet. :D

quiet? *cranks up the volume* Now thats what I'm talking about!! :lol:
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Figarou wrote:Ah the joys of having your own home theater. :D

So peacefull. So quiet. :D

quiet? *cranks up the volume* Now thats what I'm talking about!! :lol:
:howl:  :oo YAYUH! I call dibs on the popcorn! lck
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

Silverclaw wrote:Yummy plastic :P

Wolves can run about 40 mph at their fastest. They are really good at running long distances without stopping. Wolves can travel about 40-70 miles in a day. I should think a werewolf would be able to do the same (in wolf or gestalt form) Maybe even a bit faster than that.
Not sure where you got your facts.

http://www.wolvesnwildlife.com/wolffacts.htm

<,Trotting 5 miles per hour, but they can run in short bursts up to 35 miles per hour. They usually travel up to 30 miles per day hunting for food.>>

http://www.wolf.org/wolves/learn/basic/faq.asp#20

20. How fast can gray wolves run? (top)

Wolves will travel for long distances by trotting at about five miles per hour. They can run at speeds of 25 to 35 miles per hour for short bursts while chasing prey.

21. How far can gray wolves travel? (top)

Wolves may travel 10 to 30 miles each day in search of food. Dispersing wolves, those leaving packs in search of their own mate, have been known to travel distances of 550 miles away form their home territory.

http://www.californiawolfcenter.org/wolffacts.htm

Wolves trot at 5 miles per hour, but they can run in short bursts at up to 35 miles per hour. They can travel as much as 30 miles per day hunting for food.

I knew 40 MPH was a wee bit too much. One of their predators in Russia was the Borzoi(FKA Russian Wolfhound), and it's rare to block a Borzoi at that speed. One of the fastest current Borzoi was clocked in at about 35.
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

OK, I guess I looked at an inaccurate website for my info :) Alright, what mielikkishunt said seems right 8)
btw, welcome to The Pack :shift:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

42: The answer to Life, the Universe, and my dental records

Post by Scott Gardener »

Not so fast! Well, actually, if you consider my arguments, then maybe I should say, So fast!

Bear in mind that these numbers are averages. And, 30 miles on foot is a lot in one day. I read somewhere that wolve have been known to go as far as a hundred miles, though 20-30 miles in a day is by far more usual. But, 45-50 is definitely possible.

As far as speed, my sources corroborate that cruising speed is 5-10 mph, with bursts of up to 35 mph possible. I could postulate that a 40 mph werewolf could exist, if the lycanthrope were physically fit. Remember that normal wolves weigh on average 70 to 100 pounds, while humans are larger. And thus, werewolves would be larger than regular wolves if you buy into the concept of conserved mass. (Most of those who don't will go against the implied rule to make there werewolves even bigger.) The extra stride and muscle mass of a 165 lb. wolf form could provide the needed 12.5% boost in speed from the standard numbers.

I used to feel that a major nit to pick with my novel was having my character shift to wolf form and then show up in a place I knew to be some fifteen miles away the following morning. I was overjoyed to learn that that particular plot point was perfectly plausible!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

40mph? feh, I can go 130mph!!!!

*points to new Ford GT* :D

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:40mph? feh, I can go 130mph!!!!

http://www.figarou.com/avatars/fordgt.jpg
Riiiiiiiiighhhhhttttt...
You WISH. Those things cost more than some Ferraris. Image
(The fastest I've ever gone in a car is 96mph. *sees cop looking over his shoulder*Image ...I mean...ummm...I allways drive the speed limit... Image Image )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:40mph? feh, I can go 130mph!!!!

http://www.figarou.com/avatars/fordgt.jpg
Riiiiiiiiighhhhhttttt...
(The fastest I've ever gone in a car is 96mph. *sees cop looking over his shoulder*Image ...I mean...ummm...I allways drive the speed limit... Image Image )

I can dream, can't I? :D

And you made use of my wolfcop!!! :lol:
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Vuldari wrote: Riiiiiiiiighhhhhttttt...
Haha suckered.... Well I've been to 156mph.... :oops: but i wasn't driving THAT time (I've done 148mph on Silverstone circuit :D )
*When you're down... howl*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverfang wrote:
Vuldari wrote: Riiiiiiiiighhhhhttttt...
Haha suckered.... Well I've been to 156mph.... :oops: but i wasn't driving THAT time (I've done 148mph on Silverstone circuit :D )

Heh, talk about off topic. And I started it!! Werewolves in fast cars!!! :lol: