Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

Oh here is some links for Okami mentioned above ^..^

Okami Artwork and Screenshots

Okami Preview Video 1

Okami Preview Video 2

As a pretty cool werewolf type character in Sega's newer XBOX action game Otogi 2 ^..^

Otogi 2's Tsuna
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolf »

Also if anyone has the PC version of Morrowind you can use this cool mod that changes the werewolf's skin texture for different a color werewolf, these look very nicely done ^..^

http://www.anukki.com/whitebmwwolf/wereskins.html
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Werewolf wrote:Oh here is some links for Okami mentioned above ^..^

Okami Artwork and Screenshots

Okami Preview Video 1

Okami Preview Video 2

As a pretty cool werewolf type character in Sega's newer XBOX action game Otogi 2 ^..^

Otogi 2's Tsuna
:shock:
That's coming to the U.S., right? I know really stylized games like that don't do so well over here, but... Damn! :D

Oh yeah, and I agree with you on Dark Stalkers and Bloody Roar. Never actually tried Morrowind though, but anything with that sort of customizable feature is always cool.
On the same subject, in Baldur's Gate II, druids have the option of choosing the sub-class Shapeshifter, which is a druid that has allowed him/herself to be infected with lycanthropy and henceforth learned how to control it. One of the potential NPCs, Cernd, is one such druid... Unfortunately, the handicaps of being a shapeshifter greatly outweigh the pros, so only a werewolf fan like us would want to play as one, and even then just for the sake of playing as one.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

If you like wolves in Morrowind, You should check This out.

http://www.bear371.com/mods/

The models for the Wolven Race are top Notch. :D
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

I rather enjoy my werewolf Druid in Diablo II. The form is sleek, and the powers are designed for quick, accurate attacks and fast running, whereas the werebear is all about huge damage and lots of HP. Of course, learning Rabies so that you can poison large groups of enemies is always fun!
runningwolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by runningwolf »

Vuldari wrote:If you like wolves in Morrowind, You should check This out.

http://www.bear371.com/mods/

The models for the Wolven Race are top Notch. :D
I now have a reason to re-install Morrowind. I did buy the game (along with Tribunal and Bloodmoon) just to see the Werewolves in action. Unfortunately, I didnt realise that you had to be a certain level to enter the area where the werewolves are, then become infected with lycanthropy. Plus, you'd lose all your items upon transformation too.
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolf »

runningwolf wrote:Unfortunately, I didnt realise that you had to be a certain level to enter the area where the werewolves are, then become infected with lycanthropy. Plus, you'd lose all your items upon transformation too.
I know a cheat for the PC version a friend told me, I haven't tried it yet but you can change into a werewolf with it at any time with it ^..^

This is the code:

hit "~"
then type "player->becomewerewolf" and hit enter and presto you're a werewolf ^..^
Mr_Lycos
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mr_Lycos »

Am I the only person who knows about Saberwulf from Killer Instinct or what?

And theres an entire LARP game Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Mr_Lycos wrote:Am I the only person who knows about Saberwulf from Killer Instinct or what?
Nope. I used to play that game allot back in the days.

Mr_Lycos wrote:And theres an entire LARP game Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Soon to be Werewolf : The Forsaken
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Mr_Lycos wrote:Am I the only person who knows about Saberwulf from Killer Instinct or what?
Know him? The only three characters I played were him, the skeletal warrior Spinal, and that lizard-dude Riptor. And even then, I'd only pick one of them if someone picked Sabre before I could.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

SaberWulf was a really cool character. I really miss Killer Instinct, I thought it was much more fun than Mortal Kombat. Better graphics, better characters, and Saber was the best. I wanted more games in the series so I could see more of him. I played a werewolf in a Champions pen-and-paper RPG, inspired by that guy.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

formerly Tamier

Post by Silver »

I wrote in my intro that I'd played a WW when the Masquerade had just become a national game 12 years ago. I was one of the first in the game, before there WAS an Apocalypse. When the Apocalypse broke off and became it's own game, I played it as well. For the purpose of what we're talking here, the whole Devour thing, I think those days were the most helpful. In the Apocalypse, the WWs are in packs and live the majority of their lives in packs. You can learn a LOT by living in their world for a weekend. And by that I mean interacting with others. A table top game gives you time to think about what you are going to do when it's your turn. Live action doesn't have those kinds of pauses. You do what you do when it happens.

While this is how I picture it would be, in movies, the WWs interact with the rest of the world. So there was a lot to learn there too. Especially how to deal with other non-wws.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

formerly Tamier

Post by Silver »

One interesting thing that I learned: guns don't really do any good with wws. I wrote about this in another reply. In the games I've played, where you have to physically react, the speed becomes a factor. Wws react to guns like this.:

If the gun weilder is at a distance, you don't get in their sites. Since you can move faster than them, you can generally get out of the way of a machine gun when you're at the right distance. You can jump and ddge around faster than they can twist, find where you are exactly, take aim and fire.

There IS a danger zone where you can get too close... And WWs don't go into the danger zoneunless there's a pretty compelling reason.

If you're close enough to jump them, then they generally don't have time to raise a gun from a normal holding position to a pointing position before it's too late. The ww may take a bullet or two, but hey, we regenerate. If they are holding the gun pointing at the ground, they are going to get off one bullet at best, or one burst at best. We survie that encounter, they don't.

So if werewolfs are smart, they don't get into a stupid position. And guns are pretty uselss otherwise. In the years that I played, my character ended up with a gun pointed at her twice - once with a machine gun. She got hurt and the gun wielder(s) got dead. She never carried a weapon, even a knife. She never got around to getting one. And as it turned out, she never needed one.

When there were multiple wws, they just stayed out of range unti the bullets were gone (some body always got hurt, but no one died) then the gun wielders were toast. In ANY and EVERY close range fight, only a few bullets left the gun-even machine guns- before the gun wielder's arm/hand became useless. I don't remember a gun fight between wws and non wws in the years I played. Guns were pulled, yes, but it never reached a gun fight stage.

WWs are fast. They can take a LOT of damage and heal it. They are very, very strong.

Sorry this one's so long, but I'm trying to make a point. Based on my gaming experience, I get uncomfortable seeing wws use guns. It seems strange that they would choose to ignore their advantages in exchange for STANDiING THERE and firing a gun.