Live acoustic show in the NJ/PA area

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Live acoustic show in the NJ/PA area

Post by SnowWalker »

Hey!

To all interested: I will be playing at Kate's Kafe in Phillipsburg, NJ on Friday May 13th (tentative date). Time to be determined soon. I am not sure of what order the bands will go in, but I do recomend getting there to see the first act because I'm sure everyone will rock!

If anyone here needs a reason to come: I will probably be playing Secret (aka The Burning aka "a song from Freeborn")! I really look forward to possibly seeing one or two or a few of you! Make sure to bring along anyone you can find. Admission is $6 and it is an ALL AGES venue (which means no alcohol). I think they are also non-smoking, too. And btw, they have good food at the venue. Cash only!

check out the venue's website: http://www.kateskafe.com

post any questions here!

~Snowy
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Dang I wish I could make it, but I will of course be busy. But BREAK A LEG! ...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

i would come but i kinda live in Australia and also the link diddnt work for me :(

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Live acoustic show in the NJ/PA area

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote:Hey!

To all interested: I will be playing at Kate's Kafe in Phillipsburg, NJ on Friday May 13th (tentative date). Time to be determined soon. I am not sure of what order the bands will go in, but I do recomend getting there to see the first act because I'm sure everyone will rock!

If anyone here needs a reason to come: I will probably be playing Secret (aka The Burning aka "a song from Freeborn")! I really look forward to possibly seeing one or two or a few of you! Make sure to bring along anyone you can find. Admission is $6 and it is an ALL AGES venue (which means no alcohol). I think they are also non-smoking, too. And btw, they have good food at the venue. Cash only!

post any questions here!

~Snowy
Can you have someone video tape you playing so we can all see it?
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:
SnowWalker wrote:Hey!

post any questions here!

~Snowy
Can you have someone video tape you playing so we can all see it?
I will try my damndest to find someone who can tape it! I was contemplating recording it audibly with a MiniDisc, though...

~Snowy

btw, http://www.kateskafe.com should work *shrug*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote: I will try my damndest to find someone who can tape it! I was contemplating recording it audibly with a MiniDisc, though...

~Snowy

btw, http://www.kateskafe.com should work *shrug*
Minidisc!! Cool. I still have mine. Its part of my home theater setup.

Yes, it would be nice if you can video tape it. Hearing just the audio isn't enough.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yeah... most of us can;'t get theree, oh well...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

It would be so cool to go :D I'm going to have to ask, though I dout anybody will want to go on a few hour drive. :(
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yah, i'd go, but if it's not actually in Philly(philadelphia) or very close i owuldn't be able to just ify going.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:yah, i'd go, but if it's not actually in Philly(philadelphia) or very close i owuldn't be able to just ify going.
If it was close, I would go also.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

I'm sorry that most of you are unable to go :( I will have to try hard to get gigs in other areas. That's one of my biggest problems (getting gigs). Of course, i can't really promise anything as I do have a full time job to contend with! I don't mind going into NYC, Philly, and I would even play Toronto, Ontario if I could get a venue to take me!!!

I was thinking it would be awesome if I could just play at one of the conventions that Freeborn will be represented at this summer, but then I'm not sure if Conventions (especially the type of a-kon and what not) have live music ever.

Anthony, any chance of me playing at the Con in Philly?! :wink:

nah, i'm j/k -- although if I could...

anywho...
~Snowy
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote:I'm sorry that most of you are unable to go :( I will have to try hard to get gigs in other areas. That's one of my biggest problems (getting gigs). Of course, i can't really promise anything as I do have a full time job to contend with! I don't mind going into NYC, Philly, and I would even play Toronto, Ontario if I could get a venue to take me!!!

I was thinking it would be awesome if I could just play at one of the conventions that Freeborn will be represented at this summer, but then I'm not sure if Conventions (especially the type of a-kon and what not) have live music ever.

anywho...
~Snowy

I think A-kon has live music. Its been a while since I last been there. Problem is, who need to book in advance. I'm not sure if there an opening for you to play. The tables/ booth/rooms are probably all reserved by now.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:
SnowWalker wrote:I'm sorry that most of you are unable to go :( I will have to try hard to get gigs in other areas. That's one of my biggest problems (getting gigs). Of course, i can't really promise anything as I do have a full time job to contend with! I don't mind going into NYC, Philly, and I would even play Toronto, Ontario if I could get a venue to take me!!!

anywho...
~Snowy

I think A-kon has live music. Its been a while since I last been there. Problem is, who need to book in advance. I'm not sure if there an opening for you to play. The tables/ booth/rooms are probably all reserved by now.
oh fiddlesticks.

~Snowy
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote: oh fiddlesticks.

~Snowy

It doesn't hurt to try.
http://www.a-kon.com

Heh, and I noticed a spelling error. who=you
Problem is, who need to book in advance.
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

SnowWalker wrote:I'm not sure if Conventions (especially the type of a-kon and what not) have live music ever.
I'm not sure what kind of music you generally play beyond your theme for Freeborn... If you've got a decent amount of were-themed music (or the like) you might consider looking into furry cons, i.e. Anthrocon. Of course, they're probably booked solid by now; other upcoming cons in this area include Morphicon in Columbus, Ohio and Mephit Furmeet in Memphis. Of course, they might welcome you nonetheless, despite whatever your music may be about, so it's worth looking into.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

You know, it would be nice if you went to A-kon just so I can meet you in person, SnowWalker. But if you can't go, thats ok.

Still, I like someone to video tape you while you perform at Kate's Kafe in Phillipsburg, NJ. I'm very interested in seeing that. I really am!! :D
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Where is A-Kon held?

OoooOo i'm getting really pysched for my show :) The time and date are now set. Friday May 13th 8pm Kates Kafe Phillipsburg, NJ :)

I'm still trying to figure out a video recording... if I am able to record the show visually, the only problem left would be sharing it with everyone. In my current state I do not have access to a VCR and I don't have any little doo-dads that conect a Video recorder to a computer! I'd appreciate any help you guys could give me on that topic!

~Snowy
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote:Where is A-Kon held?

OoooOo i'm getting really pysched for my show :) The time and date are now set. Friday May 13th 8pm Kates Kafe Phillipsburg, NJ :)

I'm still trying to figure out a video recording... if I am able to record the show visually, the only problem left would be sharing it with everyone. In my current state I do not have access to a VCR and I don't have any little doo-dads that conect a Video recorder to a computer! I'd appreciate any help you guys could give me on that topic!

~Snowy

A-kon is in Dallas, Texas

I have the equipment for uploading the video to a computer. You can snail mail the tape to me and I can do it for you. If you use D8, you can send that tape directly. MiniDV needs to be transfered to VHS because I don't have that format.

I'm using D8 tapes since those cameras are very cheap now. MiniDV is starting to get cheaper since DVD camcorders are out. I'm tempted on buying MiniDV. Find out what kind of camera your friends have and let me know.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:

A-kon is in Dallas, Texas

I have the equipment for uploading the video to a computer. You can snail mail the tape to me and I can do it for you. If you use D8, you can send that tape directly. MiniDV needs to be transfered to VHS because I don't have that format.

I'm using D8 tapes since those cameras are very cheap now. MiniDV is starting to get cheaper since DVD camcorders are out. I'm tempted on buying MiniDV. Find out what kind of camera your friends have and let me know.
Thanks! Will do :)

~Snowy the technilogicaly challenged
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SnowWalker wrote: Thanks! Will do :)

~Snowy the technilogicaly challenged

One more thing, have them put the camera on a tripod.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Did you find out what type of camera your friend will be using? Your performance is one week away. If its a D8 cassette, you can send that to me. I'm tempted on buying a MiniDV since they are really cheap now. D8 cameras are even cheaper than MiniDV.

let me know. :D

also let me know which song you want me to put online when you get the video done.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your performance. :D
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Figarou wrote:Did you find out what type of camera your friend will be using? Your performance is one week away. If its a D8 cassette, you can send that to me. I'm tempted on buying a MiniDV since they are really cheap now. D8 cameras are even cheaper than MiniDV.

let me know. :D

also let me know which song you want me to put online when you get the video done.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your performance. :D
Ok, I have a co-worker who says he can wrangle a camcorder. I'm certain it's tape and I know he's making a copy of it for me. I'll request a tripod!

I'm getting really excited. I haven't even gotten my setlist put in order yet! :o I do know which songs I'm playing, though. Like I said I will play Secret, but I haven't decided yet if I want everyone to hear it so soon. Either way, I have some great songs that people could watch/listen to.

Also, I just had some good news today! I managed to convince my musician landlord to find someone to record a demo for me, which means I will have something a LOT more professional to offer people. I'm very excited about this because it's less of a deterent to people who can't get past bad quality. let's cross our fingers. (btw, haven't decided if I'll do a version of Secret for said demo) hmmmm

~Snowy
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I apologize for being one of those sticklers on recording quality. I know it's not something that is offered free on the street. When you do the demo, you might also want to get an idea of what recording the whole thing might cost ya. Also, I'll see if I know anyone up in New Jersey who might be able to help out on that peice.

I definitely want to hear the demo though, so I can vouch for your musicianship (aside from the fact that it's getting liscenced for a movie).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SnowWalker »

Baphnedia wrote:I apologize for being one of those sticklers on recording quality. I know it's not something that is offered free on the street. When you do the demo, you might also want to get an idea of what recording the whole thing might cost ya. Also, I'll see if I know anyone up in New Jersey who might be able to help out on that peice.

I definitely want to hear the demo though, so I can vouch for your musicianship (aside from the fact that it's getting liscenced for a movie).
Well I would mention that I have a few low-quality mp3's available, but I see you are one of those sticklers for quality!

Actually, I have no problem with such people as I also tend to be detered by low-quality, it's just that I'm too lame to go to a real studio to get recorded. Well, now that that's about to be solved, I won't worry too much.

When you mention if you know anyone in NJ to help me, do you mean musicians for backing tracks or producers for records? just curious,

:)
~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Well, let me start listing people...

As far as recording goes - you don't need a professional studio, you might just need to know the right person with the right equipment. As for myself, I use my computer as 90% of my digital (mono) recording studio. I get studio-quality tracks for just my violin, and the rest I do electronically. However, for a band, someone with good mics and other outboard equipment (whether it's getting recorded to a HD or to CD) can always be a good resource.

I'm still looking at my rolodex. My manufacturer is up in Rochester, NY, and there are a couple members of the Elite Veterans of Rock (of which I'm somehow a member) that in the New England states... my network isn't extensive enough to grab exactly what I need in any given state yet.

As far as the mp3's you have, if you could send them my way, I can make introductions on your behalf or whatnot with them, and see if we can secure a place to record at low or no cost. No guarantees, but I'll see what I can work out.

I am not some big name in the industry either. Just figure that I should point that out. As far as a producer, I can refer you to the guy who I'll be using on my next project, thanks to his connections. I do almost everything at a long distance.

You should be able to reach me by email and that way you can send some of the mp3s if you like. However, I'd like to discuss such things more privately, as I'll be naming names and stuff, and not using screen names either.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook