3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
25%

Total votes: 28

STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

The Pack Membership cards?

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any up-to-date information on "The Pack" membership cards? I along with more than likely everyone else, I'm sure, would like one. And if they need to be paid for I have no problem with that personally if I can afford it. Unfortunately I'm unemployed at the moment, been that way since christmas eve actually, lol. I mean I know if I had a job and could I wouldn't mind springing for a few fellow pack members. Well anyway, I only ask because I noticed the last post on that particular thread was back in September of last year? Also I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum and needs to get moved to a different one. :(
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

At the moment the 'membership card' is on hold.. while we get future elements of the community going.

However. in no way at any time was a pack membership card EVER something that anyone would have to 'pay' for. FYI.

AB
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

yeah i was actually curious about that ....thanks AB.. :)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

That's kind of why I voted no. :| (Yeah, I'm cheap. So? :D ) I would have payed for my pack pendant if asked, that's for sure.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

of cause i would pay too for my pendant...i want it now.... :)
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

ABrownrigg wrote:At the moment the 'membership card' is on hold.. while we get future elements of the community going.

However. in no way at any time was a pack membership card EVER something that anyone would have to 'pay' for. FYI.

AB
Ok, thanks Mr. Brownrigg. I was kinda curious about that, and I'm glad we weren't expected to pay but I would have if necessary.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

ABrownrigg wrote:At the moment the 'membership card' is on hold.. while we get future elements of the community going.
Cool, because the photo I sent you I might want to change. :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
jwagoner
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by jwagoner »

I do hope we continue with this idea, I'm working on a pic I'd like and I'm still awaiting my necklace :cry:
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I have a different proposal. Why not simply e-mail the image file for everyone to print off at their own leisure? Lamination, sure... if the individual can pay the $2 for it at Kinkos. Just makes more sense. A high res, real size DPI image file made easilly editable in photoshop could dish out cards very fast. Let each member worry about printing them. Heh, they may even make good sig pics.

What makes this even better, is that if the PSD (photoshop format) file were given to a few individuals with Photoshop on their computers, we would have an army of people that could tackle the job of editing the blank card file.

I would volunteer myself to take the original file and layer it for easy and conformed editing by the few individuals that would help distribute the membership card files. (That is, if nobody else can or will.)

Good idea?
-Kaebora
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Kaebora's idea seems solid. It would provide for a no-cost solution. In addition, it should be relatively quick to do with a team made up of Photoshop users. Also, Pack members would not have to worry about waiting too long to receive their cards because of mail lag.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

If we are going to do that, I think we should really update the design and come up with something really COOL looking that would be both functional, and also fun to show off.

I was never really fond of the old design anyway.

...we can do better. Image Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Would you like me to come up with a design today? I'd be more than happy to oblidge. Lets see what I can come up with. Any suggestions about the info and design-wise?

Personally, to me, including "Animal" as a profile entry seems bias against the fact that not everyone here is a furry or a therian. I'm neither, but still humor you all with the were-hare thing. I doubt I'd want it on my membership card though.
-Kaebora
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kaebora wrote:Personally, to me, including "Animal" as a profile entry seems bias against the fact that not everyone here is a furry or a therian. I'm neither, but still humor you all with the were-hare thing. I doubt I'd want it on my membership card though.
That is another thing I didn't quite like about the original design. The card need not say anything more than just what it is...that this person is a member of THE PACK...and that The Pack is Cool. Image

If you have an idea for what the cards could look like, go ahead and show us what you have in mind. I don't have any particular ideas in mind...I just didn't feel that the current design is as good as it could be.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I would get one but I wouldnt want to put an actual picture on it. Nobody would recognize it. I would want to put my avatar. That way if I was ever at a convention and met up with the pack, I could whip it out and everyone would know me by my avatar. Because face it, nobody pays attention to the names of everybody. Its the avatars that count.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

MoonKit wrote:I would get one but I wouldnt want to put an actual picture on it. Nobody would recognize it. I would want to put my avatar. That way if I was ever at a convention and met up with the pack, I could whip it out and everyone would know me by my avatar. Because face it, nobody pays attention to the names of everybody. Its the avatars that count.
I actually change my Avatar at least once a year.

...but yeah, I think I know what you mean. Maybe the design should be made so It looks good, even with no picture on it at all...more of a "Memebership" card than an I.D. card...

Or not...maybe that is missing the point.

=^.^'= ~
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

No, we know names, it's just that the avatar is easy to pick out at a distance while speed-scrolling down a page.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Ok. So here's what we have currently.

PACK NAME
REAL NAME
HOME STATE
ANIMAL
BIRTHDATE
What goes, what stays, and what do we add? Lets not have too much. Think compact need-to-know basis info, like a driver's license.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kzinistzerg wrote:No, we know names, it's just that the avatar is easy to pick out at a distance while speed-scrolling down a page.

Unless you keep changing it like "Set." :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:lol: So true.
Kaebora wrote:What goes, what stays, and what do we add?
Home state and animal need to go. Not everyone here is from the US, and people can either change their animal of preference or just not be able to make up their mind in the first place, so that's why they need to be left out.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I axtuallty like thatr design.

(Drunk sorry my typing is bad!)

Nobody here knows my real name. I agree that avatars work, and usernames, except that people change them a lot. I dunno. You coul pick. If you change ig a lot, you could just use your real face. If notm you could use the avatar. Im not too sure what I'd do...since im a girl not a boy my avatar is a bit dodgy but Iv had my nickname as an offline one for a few years. (Yes, I was 'kirk' in public...to my embarrassment in certain situations).

So yeah I dunno. I like the old design. But yeh Im forgetting what I was going to post.

---------

I agree 'animal' and 'home state' need to go.

PACK NAME Kirk Hammett
REAL NAME ------------
BIRTHDATE 3.10.1980 (3rd October)
MEMBER SINCE 06 Jul 2005

That's a good one. :D compact and necessary info.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

You could always strip the thing right down to just "Pack Name" and "Member Since", with the remaining fields optional.

Instead of "home state", would "territory" work better as the name of an optional "where are ya?" field? That makes it not US-specific, and also has zoological connotations.

I don't think "animal" is necessary... if anyone identifies very closely with a particular animal species an example of said species is likely to turn up on their avatar.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Hmmm, I like it. :D

PICTURE (photo or avitar)
PACK NAME
REAL NAME (optional)
TERRITORY
BIRTHDATE
That seems just slightly bare bones now. Should we add one more thing?

I also thought of color codeing the admin and moderator cards differently, with the respective titles included, but would that be unfair to anyone? After all, this idea could be viewed as biased since I myself am a moderator.
:|

First day off in a week, tomorrow. I'll get started on some examples.
-Kaebora
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Kaebora wrote:Hmmm, I like it. :D

PICTURE (photo or avitar)
PACK NAME
REAL NAME (optional)
TERRITORY
BIRTHDATE
That seems just slightly bare bones now. Should we add one more thing?

I also thought of color codeing the admin and moderator cards differently, with the respective titles included, but would that be unfair to anyone? After all, this idea could be viewed as biased since I myself am a moderator.
:|

First day off in a week, tomorrow. I'll get started on some examples.
There's nothing unfair about colour coding. I'm no moderator, and I can safetly say I'd never complain about you having a different coloured card to me. If people feel it is discrimination...I don't understand why they'd feel that way.

Anyhow that looks great Kaebora!

As for an addition, this may be too long to write, but you could have, as a silly thing, the names below our avatars. Mine's a bit dodgy so maybe it could just be optional. For example, yours would be 'Werehare in disguise'
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
jwagoner
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by jwagoner »

Sadly, as I am not artist, I have no Avatar:(
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

jwagoner wrote:Sadly, as I am not artist, I have no Avatar:(
You don't need to be an artist :P (My avatar is just a photo) And you can use a photo of yourself on the card, if they do get made. :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>