We finally got a WII!!!!!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

We finally got a WII!!!!!

Post by MattSullivan »

Well my friend did. but damn. What a great way to play games! Boy sony sure dropped the ball this time. What a bunch of losers charging 600+bucks for ps3 no one i know wants it. Everyone wants wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: We finally got a WII!!!!!

Post by Vuldari »

MattSullivan wrote:Well my friend did. but damn. What a great way to play games! Boy sony sure dropped the ball this time. What a bunch of losers charging 600+bucks for ps3 no one i know wants it. Everyone wants wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
"...You got THAT right..." Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Image

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Art by: ~Nimrais
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

nice pic, vuldari. nice.

and yeah, i would MUCH rather have a wii then a ps3.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

totally right^^ i love this picture from Nimrais :D i am going to buy a wii too in a week or too :wink:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

nachoboy wrote:nice pic, vuldari. nice.

and yeah, i would MUCH rather have a wii then a ps3.
Well...honestly...if I had the money, I'd have a Wii and a PS3 and a 360...

...but since I can only afford to buy one...there really was no contest.

Wii TM
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Don't get me wrong, Matt, I respect your work... But -

Hand over the damn Wii.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

WHITEPAW!!??

Any relation? :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Or he could just call the police and you'd be arrested for illegal arms :P

I have yet to play a Wii. I think the commercials are funny though and I "really" want to play the new Zelda.
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

Congratulations!

We got our Wii about a month ago and I gotta say we just love it! There are so many new games coming out its all very exciting :)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

The Wii has rekindled my interest in gaming. prior to playing i had not played or owned a system in 8 years
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I love my Wii. I even made a joke about it in our college's news paper. I really like Rayman, it is just plain insanity.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote:Image

WHITEPAW!!??

Any relation? :lol:
yeah thats just my highschool prom picture..hehehe :lol: :D :evil:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

sooo many weapons.... *whipes tear from eye*

some people have all the luck. :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Not lucky, but just save up a lot of cash. The collections acumulate over time. :wink:

Anyways, YES the only console I can imagine owning at this point is the Wii. I am thinking of staying with PC games for the forseeable future though. Consoles are pushing the price way too much, and making titles exclusive to specific consoles is just forcing people to pay more money. It gets on my nerves. PC stays true to me. Your system is as powerful as you want it to be (or can afford).

Wii does have the advantage in the console market. It's games are fun. Keyword there: FUN! F. U. N.
I've seen tons of great looking graphics for the 360 and PS3, but graphics don't make the game fun. The gameplay does. This focus on visual detail is killing the industry.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I won;t be spending TOO much time on the WII. Games REALLY eat up time AND i COULD USE THAT TIME TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE

opps. caps lock LOL
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Re: We finally got a WII!!!!!

Post by Morkulv »

MattSullivan wrote:Well my friend did. but damn. What a great way to play games! Boy sony sure dropped the ball this time. What a bunch of losers charging 600+bucks for ps3 no one i know wants it. Everyone wants wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
I feel sorry for you. Wii is the worst console of the last decade.

Bad graphics and flawed gameplay.

"But... but... ITS NINTENDOOOO!!!" :roll: Who cares...
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I agree the Wii is over rated, I'm aware that there is only like two games worth playing on that console

The Xbox 360 is where it's at, and have you played Gears of War? The game play is great as the graphics!!

Not to mention the satisfying as hell chainsaw mounted Lancer!! :P

Gears, Gears, GEARS!! :crazy:
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:I agree the Wii is over rated, I'm aware that there is only like two games worth playing on that console

The Xbox 360 is where it's at, and have you played Gears of War? The game play is great as the graphics!!

Not to mention the satisfying as hell chainsaw mounted Lancer!! :P

Gears, Gears, GEARS!! :crazy:
Actually as awsome as Gears of War is, and I do think its really awsome and its one of the best shooters out there, I loved it. It is a bit over rated aswell, I mean there is only 4 different kinds of multiplayer mode you can play online and they all play very similar except assasination. Some graphical glitches here and there. I think its one of the best shooters out there but me and my friends feel like there was too much hype over it. Despite of that, Gears of War is what loring me to buying an xbox360. but Im still spending money on my PC, the only thing that isnt outdated about my pc is its video card and ram. I have somewhat low hard drive space My processor sucks, I have an agp and so Im thinking about buying a new mobo/cpu combo with another new and better video card. :( I estimate I will spend somewhere around $250-$300 on this.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I am quite happy with the Wii. If I want good graphics, I just use my pc. I also like the Wii because it is a party system, so I get to use it a lot. :wink:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I love the Wii and the fact that it can download older games *tries to beat OoT*
And I agree, it does make a great party system...especially when your playing Raving Rabbits. :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Short Tail wrote:I am quite happy with the Wii. If I want good graphics, I just use my pc. I also like the Wii because it is a party system, so I get to use it a lot. :wink:
I don't see the point in playing something that looks like its been developed 5 years ago with other gameplay.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:
Short Tail wrote:I am quite happy with the Wii. If I want good graphics, I just use my pc. I also like the Wii because it is a party system, so I get to use it a lot. :wink:
I don't see the point in playing something that looks like its been developed 5 years ago with other gameplay.
I don't see the point in playing something that looks like a CG movie, displayed in 1080p widescreen that just isn't very much fun to actually play.

There are at least half a dozen or more games in Wii's "Virtual Console" linup alone (all made 5-20 years ago) that are more fun to play than the majority of PS3's current Next-Gen game selection.

...judging the value of the game by the box-art and screenshots will leave a gamer stuck with alot of really lame, sucky games.

Wii sports is a game that I likely would have hesitated to buy if it had been sold seperately...but in spite of being a game that you usually will not play for more than 5-20 minutes at a time, it's a game that keeps dragging you back to play it again, and again and again.

Comparatively, After beating Halo, and Even Zelda: Twilight Princess, I am yet to go back and play them again. (...though I expect to replay LoZ:TP long before I choose to play Halo:CE again...)

It's all about having FUN...and Nintendo's new home console is the only game system that makes you go...

"Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!..." ( Pronounced like, "Wheeeeeee!..." )

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

=^.^'= ~