Strange things to associate with werewolves

The place for anything at all...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Strange things to associate with werewolves

Post by Scott Gardener »

OK, admit it; you think of werewolves whenever you see rubber duckies. You see a ducky, and you think instantly of Figarou's brown and white Gestalt form with gray ears hurling the things at you in full force. The Internet has spawned many strange images to all of us.

But, what else makes you think of werewolves?

I think of them with coconuts--again, thanks to this place.

They also pop to mind with certain trigger words. I really have a hard time keeping a straight face whenever people at work mention "coming to the end of a shift," or better yet, "shift change."

I've even found myself doing a variation of the 6 steps from Kevin Bacon game--that everyone knows someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows Kevin Bacon. In this variation, any topic can be tied in six steps somehow to werewolves.

Example: Battlestar Galactica--(1.) The new series, third season special effects animation is done by (2.) Timothy Albee, who is also involved in (3.) Freeborn, a forthcoming werewolf movie.

Another example: peanut butter--(1.) Invented by George Washington Carver, who (2.) is named after President George Washington, who (3.) crossed the Delaware, which is a famous example of crossing water, which (4.) in some very obscure legends, werewolves cannot or will not do.

Another example: Microsoft--(1.) supports tablet PCs, which (2.) rely on handwritten input that often times is garbled in translation, much like (3.) trying to talk in wolf or Gestalt form.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Strange things to associate with werewolves

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:OK, admit it; you think of werewolves whenever you see rubber duckies. You see a ducky, and you think instantly of Figarou's brown and white Gestalt form with gray ears hurling the things at you in full force. The Internet has spawned many strange images to all of us.

Heh...werewolves and rubber duckies. A combination that was meant to be.

:duckieinmouth:

I don't think of werewolves when I see rubber duckies. I just want to toss them at werewolves!!

:grinp:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well i would have to say the use of the word Pocky :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

White Paw wrote:well i would have to say the use of the word Pocky :D
POINT!! :Jester3:
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Hmmm... Honestly, I can't really think of anything. Not even duckies.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

My work (or rather, some of the people I work with) tend to make me think of werewolves. Three words: middle management cutlets.
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

my school is filled with them because they have a distinct scent and most of them are unaware of it espeacially the goths and emos
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I never did before last year's trip, but I associate werewolves with A-Kon now. We all know who is to blame for that. *cough*ThePack*cough* :P :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I have this odd idea in my head that wolves are tied to wind somehow. In the game Okami, one of the brush powers is calling forth the wind, Kouga the wolf demon from Inuyasha prodices mini-tornadoes when he runs fast enough, and I read something in a book once that said Native Americans believe that when a wolf howled it created fog, and if it kept howling it created wind.

Anyone feel a breeze? :howl:  :oo

Maybe it's just wolf breath. :P :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Set wrote:I have this odd idea in my head that wolves are tied to wind somehow. In the game Okami, one of the brush powers is calling forth the wind, Kouga the wolf demon from Inuyasha prodices mini-tornadoes when he runs fast enough, and I read something in a book once that said Native Americans believe that when a wolf howled it created fog, and if it kept howling it created wind.

Anyone feel a breeze? :howl:  :oo

Maybe it's just wolf breath. :P :lol:

Yup...wolf and wind. I've seen it in a couple of stories. The wolf in the children's story "Three little pigs" blew the houses down. (Except for the brick one)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

God Im glad Im not the only one that thinks of Figarou every time I look at a duck. I swear He just haunts me where ever I go. Hes freakin me out! :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

werewolves and the dmv :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Whenever I meet anyone who has the same name as a character from Freeborn, I can't help it. I get nervous around people named "Max" or "Tasha." Once met a nurse named "Donna." That was spooky. Would have been really weird if she started talking about giving report at shift change.

I have yet to suture any hand lacerations on anyone named Fay (though if I did, government privacy laws wouldn't let me talk about it.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Definitely Duckys and Cocunut...thanks to this place.

...I know that has already been said, but that is really it for me so far, besides the basics...

The Moon...Silver...Monkshood (wolfsbane)...that sort of stuff.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

The Moon an defiantly duckies :Jester3: A certain song I listen to everyday for the last couple of years..Heh dunno, but I can't go a day without listening to it..NO LIE!! :o
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

The DMV too :lol: (used to be were Jack worked in an older version of the script btw)

Duckies, cocunuts, jagurundi's(sp?), llamas(especially ones with their skulls on the outside :wink: ) and Some god/myth names(ex, Set, Anubis, Fenrir...)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Silverclaw wrote:jagurundi's(sp?)
I gotta 2nd that SilverClaw :Jester3:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Were's and duckies, decidedly. Tired fingers and a sore a**, from writing the novel that is being considered now. Knowing more about the legends of Werewolves than I ever thought I needed to know.

And, a very special lady with odd green-gold eyes.... but she isn't a Werewolf. They don't exist. D a m n i t! ! ! ! :x
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

hmmm several songs I've listened too..like bark at the moon,of wolf and man. the song mouth by bush.. are the obvious ones. I once thought "can't fight the moonlight" was one for the longest time. I see a pentagram [point ascending] hmmm.. strange ones though.. that's kind of tricky..

Definetly most things that involve the word shift. whether it be a working shift, shift change or driving and shifting gears.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

The song "Dancing in the Moonlight".
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Vuldari wrote:The song "Dancing in the Moonlight".
Love that song.

It's really hard to listen to those lyrics and not think it screams "WEREWOLF!" all over the song.

Even a non-werewolfy friend of mine mentioned werewolves while listening to it.

"Everyone here is out of sight. They don't bark and they don't bite."
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i think of werewolves whenever i hear the song We Intertwined by The Hush Sound. as far as i can tell, it has nuthin to do with werewolves, but for some reason, it reminds me of 'em. i dunno why.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Pretty much anything with "moon" or "lunar" or some other variant in its name. Duckies are more of an indirect link for me -- I think of how they are used in the script first, then I think of werewolves.

Anything that involves shape changing I also habitually compare to werewolves. Even the legends that I know should have absolutely nothing in common with werewolves besides the fact that they shape shift. Selkies, for example.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Shadow Wulf wrote:God Im glad Im not the only one that thinks of Figarou every time I look at a duck. I swear He just haunts me where ever I go. Hes freakin me out! :o

:lol: Whenever me and my mate are out and I see a duckie, I pick it up and my mates like "OK, lets go Figarou." :D You're everywhere Fig!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

hehe My immortal by evanescense. the first time I heard that on the radio i was staring out of the car at the full moon ^^ it's haunting opening vocals were really cool to me ^^