Pack Politics

The place to discuss things relating specifically to The Pack
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Pack Politics

Post by Vuldari »

I have no interest in playing this game.

Silver recently posted a few messages that I felt were mildly bossy, (which when coming from someone with any amount of authority is multiplied by a magnitude of 10), and were undermining the fun attitude of some threads in the "What should a werewolf be?" section.

Based on the phrasing, and the fact that she is not involved here on the forums as often as other members, including Anthony, I suspected that this was simply due to some minor confusion on her part from being away from the forums for a while.

I received a far less than welcome response for suggesting that she allow us to carry on our conversation the way we want to, and explaining why I believe that is our right.
Silver wrote:Vuldari, Whoa, I guess you told me!

I'm thinking that you don't know or remember the history of this website and who I am.

To start: I am one of the two writers of Freeborn, one of the original members of the Pack, and one of the original founders of this site.
I don't care if she is the Queen of England.

...she was still accusing us of getting off topic in conversations that were not intended to be Freeborn Specific, and discouraging us from continuing to do so, in a section that was no longer dedicated to that purpose. (While there are other, In Use, sections that are)

If I know someone is mistaken, I do not bow down and accept whatever they say, no matter WHO they are.

...and I am not impressed with her "High and Mighty" self proclamation either.

Apparently, she thinks so highly of herself now as to believe she is too important to even listen to the reasonings of "Commoners".

This is the response she gave me to the PM I sent...

...Oh Please... Image

I would just as soon call out Steven Spielberg or the President of the United States if I thought they were being foolish, or simply mistaken.

We clearly have very different interpretations of what "Respect" means. Not speaking out is like letting your friend go all day with something gross stuck in their teeth and letting them suffer the embarrassment when they find out later, rather than pointing it out right away before it's a problem and saving them that grief. I see nothing "Respectful" about that approach.

I speak up. If you choose to receive it as an insult instead of assistance, that is your decision.

A word of advice though...

...get over yourself.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

What is going on here? :?

Both of you are acting foolish. You both simply misunderstood and then got angry at each other, thats all. Now please both of you please just apoligize to each other and let it go.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Amen Vuldari,

I know that Silver, and AB started The Pack and contributed a lot, but this community has changed ownerships, figuratively of course.

They don't own this forum any more, this forum grown from the soul prepose to give them info for there Freeborn screenplay, to a punch of friends talking about werewolves, and other things we love, and of course bean a fellow pack member with a rubber ducky.

This place has become it's own entity, and it's really owned by all the members who come here, Anthony even said so! Anothony's and silver's role is to keep the forum running, and act as admins. And not to mention being highly valued pack members.

I don't mean to hurt any one, but it sounds like Silver needs to get her panties out of a bunch, and realise that she is no longer owns this forum, but her only role is to get info and the duties of a mod. Dispite as she put it.
I am one of the two writers of Freeborn, one of the original members of the Pack, and one of the original founders of this site.
I'm sorry Silver, but i'm going with Vuldari on this. This is the truth.
THE GAME

My Armory
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Hm. I never thought that little tiff would end up being worthy of its own topic. However...

I do think Silver's attitude was uncalled for.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:What is going on here? :?

Both of you are acting foolish. You both simply misunderstood and then got angry at each other, thats all. Now please both of you please just apoligize to each other and let it go.
I tried... and I'm still willing to talk it out.

It's hard to come to any kind of understanding if the other person refuses to even listen to you though.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Set wrote:Hm. I never thought that little tiff would end up being worthy of its own topic.
I just want to put all of this behind us, but since Silver has chosen to remove the possibility of us settling it in 'Private', this is the only avenue she has left me to do so.

...this whole mess could have been avoided if she had just responded with an "Oops...my bad", rather than playing the "I am mightier than thou, so what I say goes" card.

(See...this is exactly why I don't want to be a Moderator. It's just too easy to let a position of power go to your head.)

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I just simply act as a normal pack member, the only difference is that I can edit posts and merge topics and etc. But I still feel and act the same.

I understand that Silver didnt need to go to her ways of making it seem like we are all inferior. but you also misunderstood her aswell.

Im gonna try to talk to her.

Hopefully Figarou or Anthony has done so already.

EDIT: I cant believe theres a dispute on Anthony's birthday of all days.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

PariahPoet wrote:Image
srsly.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Everybody knows I like a good fight just as much as the next guy (probably more so), but come on...

This is just bad taste! Silver, why are you sending childish PM's to the one member that don't know how ta shut up and let things go, and on Tony's birthady? Vuldari, yes you are still playing this game, and no you are not putting this behind you. You demonstrated this by creating this thread in the first place! Ya both wanna end it? Get over it, stop talking about it, and fer pete's sake, remove this entire topic! Holy mother Mary....
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

aww

Post by nekocj »

Hmmm sounds like Silver is having some issues, and perhaps you said something (not intentionally of course) that kind of set her off. It was your fault without realizing it, but she should have considered this a little more carefully before replying to you in such a way.

With all due respect though I think you both need to chill and let it go whatever it is, and Silver please don't get the idea that The Pack is unappreciative of you and the fact that you are taking most of the burden of writing this wonderful movie and taking our ideas and thoughts into consideration for the story. We are all grateful to you and Anthony for starting this project and giving us the chance to be a part of it and we'll always remember that you are an important part to making this project happen, however keep in mind that because of our roles, we are also an important part in making this project happen.

Chin up both of you and try not to fume so much. We are all friends here :D

-Neko
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

......I don't think I like where this is going....

I think someone (like a moderator) might need to end this thread soon.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:......I don't think I like where this is going....

I think someone (like a moderator) might need to end this thread soon.
I agree, I think this should be settled over the pm. I already sent Silver a PM to listen what you have to say, and for both of you to just walk away and be friends.
Image Image