Know anyone who really thinks he/she is a werewolf?

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Know anyone who really thinks he/she is a werewolf?

Post by MattSullivan »

I have a story. Will not give name of said person to avoid embarassing them

Long story short, a girl in my college. Thought she was a wolf. Would go around howling ( uncannily well ) and actually would BITE people she didn't like. I never got bit, so i suppose she liked me.

what about you guys. know anyone that....insane?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

No, not me

but i did said i was a werewolf during my sophmore year in high school. :P

I don't know why, i just felt like saying so. :P
THE GAME

My Armory
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I personally saw this girl bite 6 people over the course of my schooling. It's a stunning site to see a person stumble backwards, clutching their hand, and blurting" YOU CRAZY B****! wHAT THE f***!!!!"
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

She sounds like an uninhibited therian. Doesn't mean she's insane. Still, it's not right to actually bite people, you can control your impulses...

But to your question, one of my friends at school "channels Merlin(yes, the wizzard)" for us to talk to between classes. ^_-
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: Know anyone who really thinks he/she is a werewolf?

Post by Set »

MattSullivan wrote:what about you guys. know anyone that....insane?
A better question would be do I know anybody sane?

...no, not really.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:I personally saw this girl bite 6 people over the course of my schooling. It's a stunning site to see a person stumble backwards, clutching their hand, and blurting" YOU CRAZY B****! wHAT THE f***!!!!"

http://www.lep.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?S ... ID=1925121

:roll:
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Yes, feel free to post any names, addresses and pics. We promise we won't make those listed public for ridicule...yes....we...promise...(shifty eyes)...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

MattSullivan wrote:I personally saw this girl bite 6 people over the course of my schooling. It's a stunning site to see a person stumble backwards, clutching their hand, and blurting" YOU CRAZY B****! wHAT THE f***!!!!"
I guess it goes without saying that hilarity ensues, Benny Hill style?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I have a bad feeling about this thread.
This is like leaving a can of gasoline by an ashtray. No good can come of it.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

PariahPoet wrote:I have a bad feeling about this thread.
I agree. I can see the therian flaming wars coming. :(
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

MoonKit wrote:
I agree. I can see the therian flaming wars coming. :(
being a therian i would have to say yep on that one. :|
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Heheh... Anybody got a match?
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Templar wrote:

*holds up 2 identical duckies*

I do :grinp:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:
Templar wrote:

*holds up 2 identical duckies*

I do :grinp:

LOL :lol: Goof :thpt2:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Now now, it'll only get out of hand if you allow it to. I had a legitimate question. Don't lock down my thread just because you think it MIGHT cause trouble.

Let's keep it civil.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

o.k....on that note...she probably could be a therian..or crazy...either or...I my self have claimed to be a werewolf here...and through proper criticizim and research ive come to a more clear resolve that what i felt and expeirenced could lead me to say that I too am a therian... I too have howled at the moon on several occasions and ive growled at others..ive experienced "phantom shifts" and the like...

I have not gone to the point where i would bite someone... thats just plain grounds for getting ones a** kicked and of course the untold amounts of diseases that could arrise...

.......so...... *looks around*...what? :|
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

I don't believe that I know anyone who honestly thinks that she/he is a werewolf. I know people who are always biting things and people, but they all take far too much ecstasy (it causes an uncontrollable urge to bite down).
I do know one girl who thinks she's a vampire. As I understand it, she actually drinks blood and whatnot. Can't be healthy. :sickpup: Neither can all of the white make-up. Her pores probably want her head on a pike by now.

-Cruce
Initial Here: ___
Here: ___
And Here: ___

Sign on the dotted line: .................................
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've over heard rumors a couple times about people who seemed to have made claims that, or acted as though, they were an animal. Obviously, everytime this sparks my interest with a wondering if these were hints of therianthropy, or someone out for a few kicks -- Either way, I'd still like to know about them. But, I am yet to hear or witness any animalistic people around me (ignoring incidents since I was younger, anyway. Who hasn't growled at someone in first grade?).

Not to let out my opinion on Therianthropy or anything, but if someone were to claim themselves as a therian, it is no excuse to bite anyone. I also have mixed feelings for those that feel as though they need to tell everyone around them about their therianthropy -- as I see it, it seems like a ploy for attention.
MattSullivan wrote:Now now, it'll only get out of hand if you allow it to. I had a legitimate question. Don't lock down my thread just because you think it MIGHT cause trouble.

Let's keep it civil.
Ah, I wish if only the same could be said about attacking a country and starting a war.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

In_Cruce_Salus wrote:As I understand it, she actually drinks blood and whatnot. Can't be healthy.
Blood itself isn't something to be worried about. It's what could be in it. It's no different than any other drink, spoiled milk will make you just as sick as old blood. There's just the whole "ew" factor at it being something that comes out of animals and is part of what keeps them alive. I rather like the taste, myself.
In_Cruce_Salus wrote:Neither can all of the white make-up. Her pores probably want her head on a pike by now.
:lol: Sounds like a goth with too much free time.
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kuro »

My best friend's boy friend (sounds like a highschool sitcom) seems to think he's a werewolf. I am thinking he's more of a therian but he doesn't really attack people or anything. Just acts a little strange. There is another kid at my school who had gone around saying he's bitten people and to watch out. Personally i think he's just odd and wants attention because last year he claimed to be a vampire...? :roll: Anyways I don't exactly know. As for howling...well its always fun to let out a howl with some old friends XD

~Kuro
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Jeez. Fredricksam, use a better word next time LOL.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've never personally met anyone professing to my knowledge to be a literal physical werewolf.

But, I know they're out there. Matt, your high school classmate probably suffered from clinical lycanthropy, the mental disorder. This is different from spiritual therianthropy, because the former fits the definition of delusion, whereas the latter is more a set of organized beliefs that respond to the external world.

I've met one person who reports having seen a shape shift. The details were too sketchy to describe, and he was at the time in a metaphysical trance, so his perception could easily have been affected by state of mind. Haven't personally met anyone with anything irrefutable, but I won't dismiss the possibility as long as unexplained sightings exist.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Well I'm not going to get onto the subject of whether or not werewolves exist (I've already said my piece on that, and PariahPoet and MoonKit have a point: I'd like this not to end up as a flame war...) but there's one thing I'd like to point out about the belief that werewolves exist, or that one is a werewolf:

To the best of my knowledge, nobody who believes that werewolves exist, or that they are a werewolf, has either: blown up a party conference; flown a jet airliner into an office block; or shelled a refugee camp; to support that belief. The way I see it, that makes that particular belief system less harmful (and probably no more scientifically improbable) than certain other, very popular belief systems that seem to have infiltrated "mainstream" thinking.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Oh I know quite a few who do..Not naming any of them, cause I promised not to, I also know some who claim to be vampires an dracos. Not saying they are telling the truth, but what's not to believe these days? There's plenty of things out there that we don't know about..I was told once that the arch here in St. Louis was actually a portal to another dimension..I kinda am hoping that's true :Jester3: I'd definatly like to see another world that could be possibly better than this one :wiggle: