Showing the werewolf's softer side.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Showing the werewolf's softer side.

Post by Figarou »

New topic!! Get your thinking caps on!! :D

I know some people wants to see a friendly werewolf. But how friendly are we talking? As a human, he could help an old lady cross the street. Or maybe hold the door open for someone.

As a wolf, he could let children pet him, scratch behind the ears, or give him a belly rub. (Man, I sure could go for some of that now!!) :D

Now how about the Gestalt form? What kind of "soft side" are we looking for? Something to make the people go "AWWW how cute." For example....a Gestalt werewolf letting a baby duckling snuggle up in its fur. Yes, I know. To childish

I'm not sure what to expect. A death scene, perhaps. We saw one like it in Van Helsing. Thing is, he killed that woman before the soft side of the werewolf appeared.

Thoughts please.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

it depends on:

If the WW was say had its own mind etc it would be like a creature with great strengths and stuff and a mind of its own so it could killl when it wants etc but if say it was just like a wolf in a much stringer body with no laws or rules it would most likely be slightly shocked at the fact theres so many people around and if irritated it may attack thus equally an hollywood werewolf (although alot moer vicious)

ok that probly diddnt make much sense and yah so tell me what ya think :lol: :o 8)

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I think in full-Wolf or human form, showing the softer side would be easier, as with the Gestalt, well, seeing something like that makes mostpeople panic and such. Not to mention the more that see it, or know of it, the more complicated things get.

The gestalt form really can't afford to stop and help people accross the street or stuff. :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote:I think in full-Wolf or human form, showing the softer side would be easier, as with the Gestalt, well, seeing something like that makes mostpeople panic and such. Not to mention the more that see it, or know of it, the more complicated things get.

The gestalt form really can't afford to stop and help people accross the street or stuff. :lol:

I don't expect the Gestalt form to play a super hero. Maybe a simple wag of the tail can show someone that he is not going to hurt them. If a human happens to come across the werewolf, that is.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

portray them as a nice person. *hands figarous the rub-o-matic, still on the "sexy female werewolf" setting* you can use that.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Aye. I agree that it would be easier for a WW to show its softer side as a human or a wolf.

As a Gestalt, I think that it would sorta depend on the person's characteristics. Like, if the werewolf is a really sweet sorta guy, it would be easier to play off of that. Like happy panting or a wagging tail with others of the pack. A hardened werewolf probably won't have much of anythign with this topic though...

Which leads me to think of what would happen should the werewolf have a sorta romance scene. That would be quite interesting wouldn't it? Dun believe we've seen one of that besides Van Helsing (in my experience)
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Well i think one of the best ways to glimpse into a persons soul is to see how he she or he reacts with either their children or pets. I would love to see a big burly gesalt werewolf playing frisbee with his husky under the moonlight!

:howl:  :oo
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:portray them as a nice person. *hands figarous the rub-o-matic, still on the "sexy female werewolf" setting* you can use that.

:oops: Oh....give me that!!!!

*looks at label*

Warning:
For belly rubs only. Any other use will have serious consequences. Use at your own risk.

*hands it back to Shadowblaze*

No thanks. I rather have the real deal. :D

Someone give me a belly rub!! :lol:
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

*rubs belly :lol: there ya go ya belly-rubbing-hog :lol:

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:Well i think one of the best ways to glimpse into a persons soul is to see how he she or he reacts with either their children or pets. I would love to see a big burly gesalt werewolf playing frisbee with his husky under the moonlight!

:howl:  :oo

Heh, the Husky will be jealous if the gestalt werewolf catches the frisbee all the time. :D
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

husky's are kool and fwuffy :lol: and frisbee, ah fond memories...wait not fond i got smaked in the face :cry: oh well all in good fun :lol:

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: * holds out a hamster* here make hammy do it!
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

..... :hsup make Hammy do what now? Sorry, my mind just wondered off to a werewolf getting a hamster on a silver platter. :P
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

yeah was that related to me :lol:

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Aki wrote:I think in full-Wolf or human form, showing the softer side would be easier, as with the Gestalt, well, seeing something like that makes mostpeople panic and such. Not to mention the more that see it, or know of it, the more complicated things get.

I don't expect the Gestalt form to play a super hero. Maybe a simple wag of the tail can show someone that he is not going to hurt them. If a human happens to come across the werewolf, that is.
'
It could show them. But i doubt anyone would be able to comphrend wag = friendly after seeing a Werewolf. If not scared out of their wits, one would be shocked to see a previously mythological creature standing right in front of them. :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

United states, only without all the Republicans

Post by Scott Gardener »

Probably the best way I can think of doing so is to focus on integrating the creature with the person. The monster movies portray the werewolf as two entities--the person and the creature, the two often at odds with each other. By showing instead the person as someone sympathetic and admirable and then showing how the creature is the same being, with the same personality and motivations, then it ceases to be neccessary to make him or her neccessarily any cuter.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
CrypticIdentity
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by CrypticIdentity »

Well, the image I keep getting in my mind is that there's some big scene where humans are running or something, and one of them stops as a werewolf comes out of nowhere, so the person backs into a wall, but the werewolf sorta just has a soft look on its face :( sorta like s/he's sad that the person is scared by him/her and holds out his/hers hand in a "I mean no harm" way, then turns it as if s/he wants the human to take it. Or something. Sorry, that's just some really weird example that went through my head when I read it. Think of Riddick from the Chronicles of Riddick when he has to help those children or whatever.

Sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever :oops: .
If I scare you now, don't run from me--I've been hiding my pain, you see...
Said if I scare you now, don't run from me--I've been hiding my pain, you see!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Gestalt or wolf people are likly to run or be afriad, esecially Gestalt. Simply a wagging of a tail or lazily laying down may show a person they won't hurt them or wont care. I just dont see little kids playing with it though. I doubt to see one play super hero. Now say there was a situation, say someone being attacked or is injured, I'd imagine they may play a secret super hero, just because its them, most people would help another in need.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Just by showing the werewolves as not crazy and bloodthirsty. They can just act normally. Gestalt ww laying down, lapping water out of a stream, maybe some play between packmates. Stuff a normal wolf and/or human would do in a forest. Showing that normal wws are not slaying/planning on slaying innocent human beings. Mates or family members nuzzling, taking care of their young(even if the child is not old enough to of changed) and stuff like that would show their soft sides.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked

Re: Showing the werewolf's softer side.

Post by Akugarou »

Figarou wrote:I know some people wants to see a friendly werewolf.
A werewolf? Friendly? "Wh-What is this.. Bizarro World!?!"

As an old school werewolf fan, I like a werewolf who is a large, menacing creature that invokes screams.. and the loss of bowel control.
:lol:

However, I realize the modern werewolf needs more depth to survive today, so I'm not hard-line on the big bad wolf thing now. Today's WW would most likely exhibit a personality much like what was present before shifting. Bad person=bad WW, good person=good WW. With the bonus of feeling unburdened by the human world, after the shift.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the line between werewolf and wolf-morph furry may be becoming blurred.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

fullmoonfury wrote:

As an old school werewolf fan, I like a werewolf who is a large, menacing creature that invokes screams.. and the loss of bowel control.

However, I realize the modern werewolf needs more depth to survive today, so I'm not hard-line on the big bad wolf thing now. Today's WW would most likely exhibit a personality much like what was present before shifting. Bad person=bad WW, good person=good WW. With the bonus of feeling unburdened by the human world, after the shift.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the line between werewolf and wolf-morph furry may be becoming blurred.
I agree with both points. I don't think a Werewolf should be a one dimentional creature which knows only rage and hunger and destruction...they really should be exponentially more dynamic than that, if they are going to be interesting characters.

However, I also feel that fullmoonfury made a very good point...one that I strongly support... that the line between The Beast that is "Werewolf" and the creature that is an Anthro-Wolf "Furry" should NOT be crossed. I like both...don't get me wrong...but I like to keep the two entities seperate.

Werewolves and Anthro-Wolves are NOT the same thing. A person who can magically transform into an Anthro-Wolf (Furry)is NOT a Werewolf. (IMHO)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

fullmoonfury wrote:

Bizarro world? Heh, good one. Good werewolves there, bad werewolves in the real world. :D

fullmoonfury wrote:As an old school werewolf fan, I like a werewolf who is a large, menacing creature that invokes screams.. and the loss of bowel control.

Nice. I can see it now. A werewolf who is about to rip someone to shreds, stops, sniffs, makes a funny facial expression, then backs away because the human crapped in his pants.

PU
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Nice. I can see it now. A werewolf who is about to rip someone to shreds, stops, sniffs, makes a funny facial expression, then backs away because the human crapped in his pants.

PU
Heh, that werewolf would run away from that human with his tail between his legs :lol:
If threatened by a werewolf, simply empty your bowels. Works like a charm :wink:

So what do you think the main differences would be between a werewolf and an anthro wolf? I'm thinking the anthro would be shown as having a 110% human mind with no wolfie instincts. Anything else?
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Silverclaw wrote:So what do you think the main differences would be between a werewolf and an anthro wolf? I'm thinking the anthro would be shown as having a 110% human mind with no wolfie instincts. Anything else?
Heh...you've obviously haven't hung around many wolf furries have you? The real difference is werewolves shift, anthro wolves don't.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Heh...you've obviously haven't hung around many wolf furries have you? The real difference is werewolves shift, anthro wolves don't.
I have, but I wasnt sure if people were talking about humans that turned into a wolf anthro or a anthro that never shifts :)