Showing the werewolf's softer side.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

Silverclaw wrote:How bout a gestalt WW drinking out of the toilet? :lol:

what if they get their faces stuck in the toilet seat ? that would suck :bounce:
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Wolveblade wrote:

what if they get their faces stuck in the toilet seat ? that would suck :bounce:
Hmmmmmm....... :idea:

*Skips away*
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Silverclaw wrote:Lets have a gestalt ww wear a Donald Duck style sailor hat while licking an over-sized lollypop :D
:idea2:

Nevermind. :lol:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Hamster wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:Lets have a gestalt ww wear a Donald Duck style sailor hat while licking an over-sized lollypop :D
:idea2:

Nevermind. :lol:
"I want a bigger lolli!"
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Wolveblade wrote:

Only in a comedy, or if played for the "gross" factor. It would most likely be bad for plotting if a sympathetic character werewolf were shown doing this in a non-comedy movie.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Only in a comedy, or if played for the "gross" factor. It would most likely be bad for plotting if a sympathetic character werewolf were shown doing this in a non-comedy movie.
lol, yeah, that would be a real mood-killer for a drama :lol: Half the things I posted on this thread I was kidding about anyways :wink:
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

but it would suck to go for a drink and the .....some grunting then the door opens and there is a werewolf with a toilet seat stuck around their head. That would suck. :nohowling:
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Silverclaw wrote:
lol, yeah, that would be a real mood-killer for a drama :lol: Half the things I posted on this thread I was kidding about anyways :wink:
*nods* It might be effective in a more relaxed-feel kinda' movie, but certainly not a movie like Freeborn.

There's a short-story concept I've been thinking about writing for the college literary magazine about a human familiar upkeeping a safehouse and all the day-to-day crap he has to put up with, mostly involving rookie werewolves (he mutters stuff like "you gotta' be kidding" and "oh God, just kill me now" a lot). In a plotline like that, where the werewolf is just a supporting character that can be permitted to behave like a dumbass, I could see one of those "memorable moments" being the rookie werewolf that got his head stuck in the seat.

But no, it would have to be a movie in which werewolves are treated in casual regard. It definitely wouldn't work in a movie like Freeborn.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Hehe. Quick semi-OT, but what exactly is the consensus for a transformed werewolf's mental state, both in gestalt and full wolf form? I'm under the impression that it's agreed (and if so, I support this) that they're perfectly sane and retain the whole of their human mind, but a few comments have made me unsure of what exactly the case is.

@Terastas: That sounds like it could be quite good; post a link here as soon as yer done! :)
Sanity is relative.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Ralith Lupus wrote:Hehe. Quick semi-OT, but what exactly is the consensus for a transformed werewolf's mental state, both in gestalt and full wolf form? I'm under the impression that it's agreed (and if so, I support this) that they're perfectly sane and retain the whole of their human mind, but a few comments have made me unsure of what exactly the case is.
They would indeed retain their normal human mindsets, but it could appear altered based on two factors.

The first is, of course, that even though their brain is still predominantly human, their receptors (IE: senses) are not. They may be inherently human on the inside, but the combination of increased hearing, increased sense of smell, and limited color vision may confuse them and provoke some behavior that wouldn't be very human-like.

If you've ever read the Animorphs, you might know what I mean. When Jake first morphs into a dog, he describes the increase in his sense of smell as if he'd had cottonballs shoved in his nostrils all his life and someone just now yanked them out. His first impulse was therefore to start sniffing around: "Holy crap! Hey, wazzat? Wazzat? Wazzat-wazzat-wazzat!?"

The other factor is, simply put, that uncontrolled shifting is a pretty traumatizing experience. There's no way anyone could know what it feels like to shift forms, so the experience may play havoc with their emotions.
@Terastas: That sounds like it could be quite good; post a link here as soon as yer done! :)
Will do. :wink:
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Ah; makes perfect sense. I could imagine that an entirely new body could wreak mental havok on someone unprepared for it, though it would depend on the person in question. I know some people who would just think "Hey, cool! Let's go have some fun in this body!", and others who would be much more unpredictable... anything from simply fainting, to temporary extreme irrationality to the extent of madness, to even uncontrolled violence as is so often displayed in typical werewolf movies. Though if whoever bit you is doing a proper job, I think they'd have you somewhere nice, cozy, and above all secure until ye got over the change.
Sanity is relative.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

*nods* Ideally, the rest of the pack would make an effort to ensure that newbie is at least aware they are a werewolf and will make some preparations for their first shift, but there's no way anyone could truly know what it feels like to shapeshift unless they've done it before, and those that have done it could never truly be able to accurately describe what their in for. That's what would get most of them -- not the new senses that come with the new form, but the pain of shifting before then.
white
Legendary
Legendary

Post by white »

Quite the dialouge we've got going here :)

Perhaps the worst would be the combination of the two; after going through what I think we've agreed to be relatively great pain (until yer used to it, that is), being greeted with a world so fundementally different would really screw with them; who knows how the less rational would react? Of course, the potential to wreck havok is much lesser than most would expect; having a body structure that you've never used before, with different bone/muscle systems and even a tail, would completely destroy the newbie's coordination.
Sanity is relative.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its like a an antelope jsut being born. The werewolf would probably be crawling for a short while.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: may be you know who i am, but no what i am

Post by Zire »

soft side
the soft side in a werewolf is whit his (her) mate and childrends (i think)
more than whit friends (friends when he [she] is in human form)

(sorry for my bad spelling)
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I was just wondering....what if some guy was smoking a cigareete/cigar, decided,'I better shift to gestalt form now' Do you think a gestalt WW could still smoke a cig or whatever? :D I know...I have some weird thoughts :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:I was just wondering....what if some guy was smoking a cigareete/cigar, decided,'I better shift to gestalt form now' Do you think a gestalt WW could still smoke a cig or whatever? :D I know...I have some weird thoughts :lol:
You're thinking of Bubba the Redneck Werewolf. Image
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

lol, I guess it could happen then :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Silverclaw wrote:I was just wondering....what if some guy was smoking a cigareete/cigar, decided,'I better shift to gestalt form now' Do you think a gestalt WW could still smoke a cig or whatever? :D I know...I have some weird thoughts :lol:
I suppose it's possible, though I doubt a cigarette, cigar or anything else that goes up in flames would smell/taste as good with their werewolf senses.

Then there's the matter of the larger canine muzzle. Chances are that a werewolf would quit trying to smoke in wereform after inhaling too hard and burning his tongue or dropping it and singing his fur one too many times.

It probably could be done, but it'd be too much of a hassle for a reward that might not have been worth it in the first place.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

and plus the cigarette smell would get all over the beautiful fur.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:and plus the cigarette smell would get all over the beautiful fur.
True, but if he were a smoker, that wouldn't bother him (everyone else is a different story). My brother/roommate (him again!) is a smoker, and while he is courteous enough to go outside to smoke, he still thinks he can smoke for an hour, then come in five seconds after snuffing his butt out and nobody will smell anything.

Hm. Probably another one of those rules of conduct among pack members: no smoking while in were form. Nobody wants to let him in because the smell is all over him, but they can't make him take it outside either.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

you have to be strict on the guy, tell him to shake that smell off or hit the streets. :evil:
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:you have to be strict on the guy, tell him to shake that smell off or hit the streets. :evil:
*nods* Which is why it would be discouraged to smoke in were-form. If the safehouse owner is just as bad a smoker as the werewolf is, it wouldn't be a problem, but if the safehouse owner had a policy of no smoking and the werewolf had smoked in were-form, they wouldn't have many options: either the safehouse owner has to take him in and open every window he can (especially if he rents the place and the tenants don't want him smoking (which is the case with my brother and I)), or the werewolf has to move on to either another safehouse or his home location, which in turn runs a higher risk of werewolf exposure (which pales in comparrison to the safehouse owner's desire for clean living).

Also, something I think we might be overlooking is that the werewolf's softer side doesn't necessarily have to be kind and loving. In the aforementioned scenario of a first-time shifter having an emotional overload, he could turn vicious and start breaking things, but he could also curl up into a ball in the corner and whimper like a puppy. There's no way any of us could truly know what it feels like to shift for the first time, so anything is possible in terms of how people handle it.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

thats just gives me a great idea of what to draw!! thanks terastas. :wolfkiss:
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I have a hard time seeing werewolves smoking at all. I'm around smokers and cigarettes when I work ER--that line of work naturally attracts them. And, they wreak. The stench of smokers to non-smokers is hard to bear. To a being with a hundred fold the sensitivity of smell, it would be an instant turn-off. Smelling smokers is one reason why I don't think werewolves eat humans. Would you eat something that smelled like that? Only if you're that Bray Road guy, who likes road kill.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...