Total votes: 41

*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Are you right handed, or left handed?

Post by *nagowteena* »

Well I was just wundering wich hand you guys use most, so well right? or left? or both? both my mother and father are left handed, but I'm right. :)
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I'm a right handed artists and writer, but ambidextrious with a rifle. I like to play indoor airsoft at my favorite arena, and shooting around corners is hard if you can't switch hands. Always fun. :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

i use my right paw the most times too.... :wink:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Right handed though for some reason I tend to use my left had to open jars first. :?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Fullmoonstar wrote:i use my right paw the most times too.... :wink:
:lol:
Image Image
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

Im left handed in writing, and I hate it. You know those spiral notbooks with the metal/plastic ring sprial all along the left side? I can't use those to the full extent since the spiral gets in the way of my writing. Same goes for 3-ring binders.

AAAND, all the desks at my school are made for right-handed people.

It is such a pain being left-handed!
blaidd-ddyn
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Wolves Curse

Post by blaidd-ddyn »

I'm dual-handed.
This is not to be confused with ambidextrous.
Ambidextrous is when you can use either hand equally well in all tasks.
Dual-handedness is when for some tasks you use your left hand, wheras others you use your right hand. This needs to be around a 50/50 split of tasks to class as dual-handed by the way...
I'm the Invisble Man
Incredible how you can
see right through me
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I'm Right handed. Although, in my work (Aircraft paint sprayer)I am just as able with my left. I guess its a blessing tho, cos those wings are pretty big!! :lol:
Last edited by lupine on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

....right handed....how boring :(
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I use both.

Meaning I could whup your tail if you ever got into a sword fight with me. I'm plenty capable of using my left.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I am right handed and IIIII'M PROUD OF IT! 8)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Left handed. but i use my right hand to throw things. Oh, and Spongypants, just turn your new notebooks over and write from the last page. Bingo. No more notebook-ring indentations in your arm.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

MattSullivan wrote:Left handed. but i use my right hand to throw things. Oh, and Spongypants, just turn your new notebooks over and write from the last page. Bingo. No more notebook-ring indentations in your arm.
!!! I never thought of thaat!

Now i can finally take notes somewhere and actually keep track of them! Thank you!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

*grins and blushes* im dominately right pawed on everything i do.... :wink: :D :lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Right handed. I do virtually everything with my right hand.
I use both.

Meaning I could whup your tail if you ever got into a sword fight with me. I'm plenty capable of using my left.
Considering I doubt too many of us know how to sword fight anyways, you'd already have the advantage without all that right vs. left confusion. :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Southpaw.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I am right pawed. All the coordination I have is in that paw....but strangely all my power is in my left paw ??
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

yep right paw too, left paw is kinda useless unless I'm playing a video game or something..HAHA!! Try playing a fighting game with only one paw :Jester3:
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I'm right-handed. My left hand has some of the weakest coordination I have ever experienced in a body part.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I could say I'm both. But I'm mostly right handed.

I write with my right hand. When I play the arcade games....I use my left hand for the joystick. (Most of the arcade game's joystick seem to be made to use the left hand.)

When I graband use the TV cable box remote...its always with my left hand.

There seems to be more right handed people here in the U.S. But I was wondering about something.

In countries where the steering wheel is on the right side...are the people there mostly left handed?

:?
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Figarou wrote:In countries where the steering wheel is on the right side...are the people there mostly left handed?
Not that I've ever noticed... seems to be a maximum of about 10% - 20% left-handers here.

I'm just used to changing gear and operating the window wipers with the left hand and indicating with the right hand. It's how I learned to drive and it's natural to me now. I don't know if I'd ever be able to get used to driving an LHD vehicle.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Im ambidextrous (both) genetically. I grew up predominantly right handed (because teachers force you to use your right), but I can do almost everything quickly and neatly with both hands. I write with both, I draw with both, I use a mouse left handed but sometimes right (Because my right arm has RSI so I gotta be careful), I can cut to some extent with both, throw with both, accurately. I only started using my left a few years ago but it was pretty natural feeling a bit later.

The more I do things, the more natural it is. So I class it as ambidextrous because I've written several essays nearly and very fast under time constraints and drawn and painted several good pieces of art with my left.

I see I'm not the only both person! :D That is really cool, I get some weird looks and a LOT of comments, kind of rude sometimes.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

Yah Kirk, your not the only person, I'm kinda both handed, But I tend to use my right hand more then my left hand. I mean the right feals more relaxing to me then the left, but when I'm holding a cup I must use my left hand. maybe If I practice with my left I might be both handed.
Image Image
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

I chose the "both hands" option. I write best with my right hand (I can, however, also write with my left), but I can do skill related things (swordplay, shooting, anything involving something other than clumsiness) better with my left. My hands have different skills.

However, most of my "ambidexterity" is due to personal practice. I can write with my left because of school...My right hand frequently cramps and curls into a claw-like appendage in the middle of long tests, so I end up having to use my left hand.
Heh...this one time during the whole standardized testing thing, my right hand stopped working almost entirely. The index finger swelled at the joints and the rest of the fingers curled in on themselves. I had to write the last essay with my left hand. I pulled a DaVinci there. The essay was written backwards. I didn't much care, however. I was too tired and in too much pain to do anything about it. That's about when I started teaching myself to be ambidextrous.

-Cruce
Initial Here: ___
Here: ___
And Here: ___

Sign on the dotted line: .................................
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Z wrote:
blaidd-ddyn wrote:I'm dual-handed.
This is not to be confused with ambidextrous.
Ambidextrous is when you can use either hand equally well in all tasks.
Dual-handedness is when for some tasks you use your left hand, wheras others you use your right hand. This needs to be around a 50/50 split of tasks to class as dual-handed by the way...
wouldn't that make EVERYBODY "dual-handed"? im sure everyone uses thier non dominant hands at certain points in thier day. It doesn't just lay limp all thier lives. XD
He said in his post that it has to be close to 50/50. :|
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend