Pirates of the Caribbean-At Worlds End

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Pirates of the Caribbean-At Worlds End

Post by Figarou »

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/pirates ... v6y.NfVXcA

Woo hoo!!! The final installment!!

Can't wait to see it!!!

:D
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I saw a little bit of the preview last night, it looks great! Can't wait to see it :D
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

GOD!! I wanna watch it but I didn't even finish the second movie yet :P
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Yay!

-Neko
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

At last the trilogy will come to its end. This better be as good as the last two. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Yoho Yoho

I've been waiting to see what happened to Jack for a year....now if you excuse me I have to go spaz out right now
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Eoh, looky...Jack's back..*does Jack Sparrow spasm*...best hide the rum, mate...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

God, I love those movies. The first a little better than the second, though. The contrast in tone between the two is amazing, though. The first one had such a small-scale feel to it that I couldn't figure out why people kept referring to Pirates of the Caribbean as an epic movie... Then I saw the second one. Damn! Can't wait to see the third film.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

POO! I'm gonna have to hurry up and see the second one. I got a feeling my youngest will be chompin' at the bit for this one! :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Don't forget that there might be a Pirates 4 and more. Johnny Depp said that he would gladly do them.

I wonder if Barbossa will betray Jack in the end :P
The different versions of the leaked script said that it will have a botter ending.....
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Actors have no say in what productions are made, so I wouldn't call that the official word. Considering that PotC3 is a conclusion to the last two movies, I'd say it's the last one.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

All righty, mateys!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Kaebora wrote:Actors have no say in what productions are made, so I wouldn't call that the official word. Considering that PotC3 is a conclusion to the last two movies, I'd say it's the last one.
Well, what I find interesting in this scenario is the similarities to the Back to the Future series. In that series, a standalone movie was made. It made it clear that a sequel was certainly possible at the end, and eventually its popularity brought it two sequels, filmed at the same time, and released one year apart from each other. Notice the similarities? Well, the reason I bring this up is because of the main difference that suggests that further films are possible in the PotC series: The first film is STILL standalone from the others. The sequels are NOT a continuation of the story, unlike the BttF series, but a separate story further evolving the characters of the first film. While BttF is a trilogy of one story (I'll defend this opinion if anyone feels this needs defending), which is why I think they didn't make more, PotC is trilogy of two stories. Why does this matter? Well, let's go back even further, this time to the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Now, the James Bond films USUALLY exist separately from each other, being 100% standalone films. However, OHMSS and its sequel, Diamonds Are Forever, brought an interesting change to this. *BIG SPOILERS FOR THE BOND FILMS, PARTICULARLY OHMSS, BUT ALSO QUITE A LOT OF DAF* At the end of OHMSS, Bond gets married to a woman named Tracy Di Vicenzo. However, soon after, she is killed by the leader of the terrorist organization SPECTRE, Ernst Stavro Blofeld. In the next film, Bond is seen tracking down Blofeld and killing him. However, it is revealed later that it is in fact NOT him, but a decoy. Blofeld becomes the main bad guy of the film. *END SPOILERS* Not as well-synchronized as it was with BttF, but it's harder when comparing to stories.

Anyway, just what the hell am I getting at? Well, basically, that if PotC makes money, they will almost undoubtedly make a sequel. Guess I didn't need such a damn big explanation for that, but I feel it helps get the point across better.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Hmmm. I dont know why everybody is in love with these movies. They're not bad...but I didnt think they were so great. Though the scene in the second movie where the boys were all fighting and Christine just throws a tantrum was hilarious.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Well, Disney does have the reputation for milking every franchise dry. There's really no telling what might happen.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Kaebora wrote:Well, Disney does have the reputation for milking every franchise dry.
Weird thing is, Walt Disney said that he would never make a sequel. It was only after he died that they tharnished your childhood memories with quickie cash-in sequels.
XIV
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Ive seen the movie and it kicked a**.
I don't know why our Dutch critics say it's a bad movie......

I was only sad that a few things were never seen:

[spoiler]- Lord Beckett and Davy Jones meeting for the first time
- Seeing Lord Beckett order Jones to kill his "pet" The Kraken[/spoiler]
Hope it apears on the DVD (20 minutes were cut from the movie)

Who do you think was the REAL traitor: [spoiler]Davy Jones[/spoiler] or [spoiler]Tia Dalma/Calypso[/spoiler]
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dreamer wrote:
Kaebora wrote:Well, Disney does have the reputation for milking every franchise dry.
Weird thing is, Walt Disney said that he would never make a sequel. It was only after he died that they tharnished your childhood memories with quickie cash-in sequels.
Why cant they just stay true to what they say, atleast for the classic franchise. Poor Walt Disney, eveyone is smoking your ashes. :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Only disney sequels that I liked were "Aladdin: The Return of Jafar" and the 2 Pirates sequels.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Seen it twice, LOVED it. Loved the whole thing, start to finish.