babies

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

That could really suck if they are in the womb and they're BIG BABES! Have some serious streach marks if there are more than six. Yikes!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Oh yes. A poor human mother would be the size of a dang house
night_whispered_shewolf
Custom Title: For I am the goddess of the moon

Post by night_whispered_shewolf »

A female werewolf or, she-wolf as I much prefer, can fall pregnant In her wolf form or human form , but, she will only give birth In her human form, one reason being after so many centuries of becoming Involved In society and accepted as 'normal' It wouldn't exactly be passed over If she fell onto all fours and transformed Into a werewolf, Logically and for survival reasons she has become more dependent on her human form and living amongst human beings, so after so long It has become an Instinct to give birth only In human form, and most she-wolves give birth to multiple pups even first time mothers ! ( There In for a joy ride ! )

hwlwnk
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

In my own fictional universe, different types reproduce in different ways.

for instance the Skinwalkers create new pack members through a ritual where they kidnap a child and make them eat the cooked and magically treated remains of the kid's own parents. (these creatures are evil sorcerers basically)

while the god like Rai (not true werewolves) when the female becomes pregnant she locks into her giant quadraped form and hibernates (gathering energy from the astral for her un-born pups which are always born as twins) however this form requires physical food so her mate searches out meat to feed his giant mate (as a note they don't tend to stay in this giant form long normally due to is energy requirements which is why breeding (they can have sex anytime but only breed to produce offspring) once every thousand years or so.

The you have Lycian werewolves which are born in human form and don't even gain the wolf transformation ability till their twenties.

and so on and so on.
So it all depends on what works for you (this statement is becoming fairly common around here)
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

ok now i am confuse :? help me figure this out Rhuen what is ummmmmm the person that replyied after motsiewolf i am confuse of what the other two had said. ??
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Fyriewolf wrote:ok now i am confuse :? help me figure this out Rhuen what is ummmmmm the person that replyied after motsiewolf i am confuse of what the other two had said. ??

Ooook. That really didn't make much sense to me. Now you're confusing ME!
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

srry but i have no clue of what u guys had said after my last before post. :?
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

I think that it would just be like a regular human birth. And when the werewolf baby comes to a certain age, they would change. Hey Motsie! You've read Broken! I like that ending. Sorry for getting off topic.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

All werewolves are capable of giving birth. the first transformation occurs at around 13 and after that it's up to you to learn how to control your morhing
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

lycan94 wrote:All werewolves are capable of giving birth. the first transformation occurs at around 13 and after that it's up to you to learn how to control your morhing
ALL WEREWOLVES??? Maybe that's why the guys howl! :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

RedEye wrote: ALL WEREWOLVES??? Maybe that's why the guys howl! :lol:
:roflmao:
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

My werewolves would logically already be away from humanity. Like on the fringes (so they can still get some creature comforts ^-^). But, they'd be far enough away so that the females could stay in wolf form to make the birth easiest.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

ok this may be off topic but wat if a lycan falls in love w/ a female werewolve would their babies be lycanwolves or wat? :?
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

i thought Lycan were a type of werewolf?
Wouldn't that mean it wouldn't matter?

By the way, Rhuen, you do know the name of your evil sorcers is the title of a Movie thats coming out soon?
(Maybe they stole it. Or maybe he sold his idea? Or maybe... IT'S A FREAKIN CONICIDENCE NUMBSKULL!)
All right, al right! Geeze, i was just askig if he knew.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

I've heard many times that, "Lycan isn't a proper term for werewolves." On that note, I also thought that Lycans were a form of werewolves. So what you're asking, Fyrie, doesnt make much sense.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Actually Lykan is russian for werewolf if you want to get technical. It also is close to the greek word lykos, meaning wolf, after a king that was cursed by Zeus to be a wolf. And so on and so on...

But despite what everyone here says, I think the idea of werewolf pups would be adorable! Think of the little bundles of fur rolling everywhich way! I can't wait to be a parent and have a litter of my own *looks into space with dreamy expresion*

Anyways, I believe that Goldenwolf made a piece of art with werewolf pups. It's so cute! take a look, it's somewhere on her site

www.goldenwolfen.com
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Do you mean the one with a werwolf family playing with the pups, while a wolf spirit looks on in the background?
(...If anyone says anything i'll howl in displeasure, but...yeah, werewolf pups are cute.)
I've seen that pic before. Even used it as part of a school project once, on werewolves. Did not take credit for her work by the way. She's way too good to be copied by me.
Anyway, hope you a plenty in that litter, not just one. It makes it more fun that way.
(And more stressful...but, hey if Kelpten wants a big family, so be it.)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

I agree that werewolf puppies would be very very cute. :D
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Absolute Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Absolute Wolf »

Couldn't agree more about pups.Also, the pups on the pic. are very cute.(Goldie has remarkable art) :D
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay bakc on the topic of twin cubs. Would it pssible if the twin cubs both become alpha's in the same pack? Or would one of them has to be destroy? Because in a book I had read in Korea, if a alpha female wolve gives birth to twin cubs then one cub becomes alpha and the other gets killed, I want to know if its possible. :?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Not all twin Wolf-Cub births are destined for battle and death of the weaker. In one pack I'm aware of, neither twin became an Alpha. They stayed very close for their entire lives.
In another case I have seen- on Television- one of the twins became the Alpha and the other became one of the Gammas (general pack members) and they were close, yes, but the Alpha was the boss.
In Werewolves, the human involvement would tend to make them more like normal Smoothskin children. That's where they differ from their "cousins'" the real Wolves: A Wolf's entire lifetime might be only seven or eight yearas; while a Werewolf-child could live to extreme old age-moreso than a Human.
The Were-Wolf or Wolf-Man is the best essence of both creatures in one body.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

thanks for the whole entre of explainations RedEye. Now I am seeing the whole point of types in a wolf pack.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

Okay now what if the oldest twin became alpha male and the youngest twin becomes the alpha female. Can that actually happens?
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

or will only one become alpha?
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

I am just a curious little feamle alpha hybrid with alot of questions. :? :pingpong: :read: :read2: :wings: