babies

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

babies

Post by Motsiewolf »

Would a werewolf female be able to have babies, or because the werewolf gene passes through bite, is there is no need to have babies? If a werewolf was pregnate, what would happen to the babies growing inside her when she had to change forms? Would there be more than one like a real wolf's? Would the gene only pass through the males? When would they be old enough to change themselves?

Just a couple of questions I was courious bout :)
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

a couple talk about alot. ok females can have children when they shift the children would stay the same but they'd slow her down. after being born the babies would be pure blood werewolves so quite literally pure bloods can change when ever they want. if the female mates with a human it stays half human half wolf. so i think they would have to wait til they either hit puberty to change or reach a certain age. that my opinion on this.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Babies

Post by RedEye »

Let's say that there are children...I suspect that for at least the first few years they'd be indistinguishable from Smooth children (survival, here)
As they age, they would start gaining their Wulfen heritage, perhaps making their first shift around fifteen or sixteen, with reproductive maturity occuring a few years later.
I also think that the main difference between Born Were's vs. Bite (inoculated) Were's would be in the TIME that the shift requires. Lycanthropy would also have to be sexually transmissable, simply because the vector would have to invade the entire Host's body in order to work.
Possibly, the pregnant Female Were wouldn't show her pregnancy until the last few weeks: there are models where the fetus develops completely, but remains tiny until the last weeks of pregnancy when it grows to birth weight.
Just some thoughts... :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

exactly. they'd first apear human until they either hit puberty or reach a certain age then they transform for th first time. and i do believe that lycanthropy can be transmited sexually also. so even if the female was human after having sex with a werewolf she'd turn.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I will scream it at you until you shut the hell up. One thing I absolutely loathe is the not shifting until puberty thing. There's absolutely no reason for it. A kid should be able to shift. Either that, or make your werewolves sterile. PICK ONE.

Besides, shifting at puberty - a.k.a. the infamous time when you turn incredibly stupid - for your first shift would be a very dangerous to do. Teenagers aren't known for having good judgement.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

The method I quoted was simple, as the child's body cannot sustain the trauma of the shift, it can prepare for it.
The system works simply, and uses the same sort of development that Human children use: slow change from nymph (pre-pubescent child) to sub-adult (Puberty!) to Adult...
By the age of ten, the child's nails have changed and hardened to the claws of the Were'. As the baby teeth are replaced by adult teeth, the pre-Wolf teeth grow in (which can morph). The feet start changing and the tail develops in its Human form. The Ears also change, becoming pliable enough to switch from human double-lobe to Wolf cup-and-point.
Unless the Werewolf is a magical transformation, this is the simplest way it could happen.
Besides, three year olds with fangs and claws? Pleeeeze! They're dangerous enough as they are...
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

thats for sure. they're little devils as it is an yet u wanan add in fangs claws and more strength to them heck no!!! besides even if they do turn at puberty they will be prepared for it like he said.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Very well put, RE. :D

Then so, if a child was bitten, it wouldn't survive? :? What if the child wanted to be a werewolf? If the mind is able to cope with the change, would it help the body as well?
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

If a child were bitten, it would probably assume the same developmental state as its Were'-blooded equivalents.
In a way, it comes down to energy available. Small children use a lot of energy just being themselves. That's one reason for their ability to nap so easily when they're tired. As they get older, and the basal demand for energy diminishes; they get cranky instead.
Then there's the damage factor. A Were's bite would cover perhaps five percent of an adult's skin surface. It might cover fifty percent of a small child's skin surface. That's damage!
The Were's in my still unsold manuscript use transfusions on small children, when doing a compassionate Crossing...not biting.
I rember as a child ( long ago) there was a kid I knew who was a piano wiz. She could comprehend Chopin's compositions, but couldn't play them until her hands got large enough to do so. :|
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Set wrote:I will scream it at you until you shut the hell up.
Don't you think that's just a tad excessive? RedEye and company are as entitled to hold their opinions as you are to hold yours.
Set wrote:One thing I absolutely loathe is the not shifting until puberty thing. There's absolutely no reason for it. A kid should be able to shift.
As I understand it, the consensus around here is that shifting for the first time, at least, is a very difficult physical experience; so much so that it is possible that a first-time shifter, even in the prime of life, might not survive the experience. You invent a society where that sort of thing happens to three- or five-year old children and you're looking at massive child and infant mortality rates and an adult population either desensitised to the point of callousness, or so traumatised that they'd have difficulty coping with everyday life.
Set wrote:Besides, shifting at puberty - a.k.a. the infamous time when you turn incredibly stupid - for your first shift would be a very dangerous to do. Teenagers aren't known for having good judgement.
And children (and twentysomethings, for that matter) are? I don't see that much difference between teenagers and my own age group except that teenagers have a lot more spare time on their hands. Might be different in America I suppose.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

You're treading on a pet peeve, something guaranteed to get a bad reaction out of me. Forgive me for not going "baa" and agreeing with everyone I see.
Midnight wrote:As I understand it, the consensus around here is that shifting for the first time, at least, is a very difficult physical experience; so much so that it is possible that a first-time shifter, even in the prime of life, might not survive the experience.
Hmmhm. I'm not one who agrees with that, first off. Secondly, if it's so dangerous, then a child should die from the bite alone. There would be NO shifting at puberty, because they wouldn't survive long enough to get there.
Midnight wrote:You invent a society where that sort of thing happens to three- or five-year old children and you're looking at massive child and infant mortality rates and an adult population either desensitised to the point of callousness, or so traumatised that they'd have difficulty coping with everyday life.
How is that any different from the way things are now? People are like that already. Were or not, it doesn't make a difference. Blah blah, war. Blah blah, starving kids, bird flu, etc.
Midnight wrote:And children (and twentysomethings, for that matter) are? I don't see that much difference between teenagers and my own age group except that teenagers have a lot more spare time on their hands. Might be different in America I suppose.
Children have more sense than people give them credit for. That is, up until they develop a sex drive. Hormones to weird things to people. Including making them very, very dumb. Just look at all of the stupid things they do. Children aren't going to try and outrun a guard dog just to impress someone. A teenager would. As for twentysomethings, they're not any smarter. They've just done those dumb things already and (should) know not to attempt them again.

And besides, if you're so against child weres, make your werecreatures sterile and the bite deadly to children. Solves the whole problem.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Set wrote:You're treading on a pet peeve, something guaranteed to get a bad reaction out of me. Forgive me for not going "baa" and agreeing with everyone I see.
I'm not asking you to agree with me, or anyone else... I'd just rather you didn't try to shut other people up because you don't agree with them. Seriously, if you disagree with anything I say, go ahead and argue the point... I won't be offended, and the ensuing argument will probably be interesting... but, honestly, trying to shut me up is a quick and easy way to reach utter disappointment.
Set wrote:Hmmhm. I'm not one who agrees with that, first off. Secondly, if it's so dangerous, then a child should die from the bite alone. There would be NO shifting at puberty, because they wouldn't survive long enough to get there.
I don't think it's necessarily the best way of telling the story either... But it's probably got to the stage where it's more sensible to take the consensus view and figure out the logical follow-on from that, rather than endlessly re-debating the same point. Remember these are fictional people we're discussing. A story doesn't have to conform to anyone's pet theories to just be a darned good story in its own right.
Set wrote:How is that any different from the way things are now? People are like that already. Were or not, it doesn't make a difference. Blah blah, war. Blah blah, starving kids, bird flu, etc.
And back in the 19th century women spent most of their prime pregnant in the hope that one or two of their children would survive to adulthood. Didn't make their stories that great to read about unless you want to read something particularly depressing.
Set wrote:Hormones to weird things to people. Including making them very, very dumb. Just look at all of the stupid things they do.
And still people can learn to drive at 15 and drink alcohol at 18 (or similar ages elsewhere in the world). Sure, teenagers can be pains in the neck (and elsewhere), but I honestly think they're not given enough credit. Mind you I was a teenager somewhere that isn't America and didn't have a whole lot of American culture broadcast day, evening and night, so my experience is probably remarkably different to yours.
Set wrote:And besides, if you're so against child weres, make your werecreatures sterile and the bite deadly to children. Solves the whole problem.
I'm not against child weres as such. I'm against child weres in certain circumstances, such as a world where the first shift is an intensely traumatic experience. In a world where shifting is less phyiscal / biological and more magical, I'd have no problem with it... for example the Discworld, where the action of shifting is compared to an "all-body sneeze" (or something similar).
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Re: babies

Post by Templar »

Motsiewolf wrote:Would a werewolf female be able to have babies, or because the werewolf gene passes through bite, is there is no need to have babies? If a werewolf was pregnate, what would happen to the babies growing inside her when she had to change forms? Would there be more than one like a real wolf's? Would the gene only pass through the males? When would they be old enough to change themselves?

Just a couple of questions I was courious bout :)
Hey, yer da "real werewolf" here. Why don't ya tell us......
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Cause here, I'm asking for others opinions. Is that too hard to ask? :?
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I've been here to long to remember the

ORIGINAL

baby thread
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

newbie at this but its no crime to ask for an opinion now is it? so motsie dont worry about it, its not a bad thing to ask a question
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Thank you very much, SWM 8)

I didn't copy the "original" thread exactly, did I? Damn. . . . I think I did. :(
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

oh well if u did u did accidents happen.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Ok. This isn't really bout babies, but what do you think the hair growth thing from human to wolf works? :femshft I mean, like when a woman changes into a werewolf (whatever shape you like them to change into) and she has long hair. What do you think happens to the extra hair?
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

i think it changes into the shade of her fur and shortens out to the length of the fur. course thats just me i dont really know what happens to it just an opinion.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

hey if u didnt wanna hear about this kind of thing why bother posting on this one?
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Silverwolfman wrote:hey if u didnt wanna hear about this kind of thing why bother posting on this one?
Totally agree with ya :D

Hmm. The hair becoming short, eh? That seems to be the most famous way people think of it. I was reading a book that had a guy werewolf who had a long gray beard. The beard "plastered into" his chest when he changed.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

thats interesting, thats what i think it happens anyways. maybe it just slides into her skin during transformation or plain jsut shortens out. but if a WW had long hair in human form it should just change color to the color of his fur unless it stays the same, then become part of his or her fur simple as that. thats what i think anyways
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

well i have a question. if a mother wolf had blondishbrown hair and the dad had lightningblonde hair what color will the cubs ahve blondishbrownw/thelightningblonde or w/othelightningblondehairor fur color?