babies

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Doesn't always matter. My dog (labrador) had white-furred parents, but she was completely black.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Post by Silverwolfman »

i think it depends on what happens while they're in the womb. they may gain characteristics of both parents but sometime sthey might only gain one set of characteristics from either parent. so it depends
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

well i am just saying that because my sister watriewolf says that if a mother wolf has blondishbrown and the dad has lightningblonde hair then they will have a brownishblack hair ?? th@s not right. how is that possible? and is it even possible for th@ 2 happen :?
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Fyriewolf

well i am just saying that because my sister watriewolf says that if a mother wolf has blondishbrown and the dad has lightningblonde hair then they will have a brownishblack hair Highly Confused th@s not right. how is that possible? and is it even possible for th@ 2 happen Confused
In humans, i could probably help you here, but humans have barely mapped out their genes.
(Barely? try not even close. That whole dominant allele thing probably has something to do with fur color, but if you remember, sometimes alleles express themselves at the same time. However, unlike you, i went back over the post. Fyriewolf, if i remember correctly, blond is a recessive allele. If one parent has blond hair, and the otehr has a combination of blond and brown, i seriously doubt their offspring will have brownishblack fur. For the blonde parent to be blond, he would have to have two alleles for blond. (max two for each trait mind you) The mother would have blond and brown alleles, so only a combinations of Blond and brown would be left. )
That doesn't make sense:
Morkulv
Doesn't always matter. My dog (labrador) had white-furred parents, but she was completely black.
That probably means black is a recessive trait in those animals. That could also mean, that blonde, or white, or whatever, is the dominant allele. ??
(Not necessarily. White and Black could both be recessive alleles, that express themselves together normally. In this case though, i would still say their offspring would not have brownishblack hair.)
If anyone can help me make sense of what I'm trying to write, that would be very appreciated. ?? ??
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Set wrote:I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I will scream it at you until you shut the hell up. One thing I absolutely loathe is the not shifting until puberty thing. There's absolutely no reason for it. A kid should be able to shift. Either that, or make your werewolves sterile. PICK ONE.

Besides, shifting at puberty - a.k.a. the infamous time when you turn incredibly stupid - for your first shift would be a very dangerous to do. Teenagers aren't known for having good judgement.
I think the concept of lycanthropy maturing at puberty was created because a lot of us disliked the idea of toddler werewolves.

Something else that came up was the painful nature of shifting and the complications that could ensue during pregnancy. A period of dormancy in born werewolves simplifies that.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Alright, which one of you drug this topic back up from the dead? :P

I still say if you're so against it, make your version of a werewolf not able to have kids. Solves the entire issue.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Fyriewolf wrote:well i have a question. if a mother wolf had blondishbrown hair and the dad had lightningblonde hair what color will the cubs ahve blondishbrownw/thelightningblonde or w/othelightningblondehairor fur color?
Maybe. Hair is tough: kids get hair colors that match granpa, but not their parents.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

what do you mean not from their parents? i didn't no they get it from their granpa.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Set
i actually agree with both sides here,
My werewolves do have kids, and they can change, but its restricted by spells. They don't have claws or teeth, at least not until puberty. They can change, but unlike most people's ideas here, they don't feel pain,, and they can only change around people who know what they are and their own family. None of my werewolves feel pain during transformation. I kind of got sick of that part of the story line. Anyway, i don't like the kids not enjoying what their parents can either. However, i can see what the others have been saying about the danger: can you imagine what might happen if a two year old had a temper tantrum and he/she had claws and teeth?
Not that all children are like that, but i can see the danger to it, if left unchecked. (Still, he enjoy describing a werewolf pup running around on a hardwood floor, 'skating' on it that is.:lol: )

Oh, and Fyriewolf
Redeye is right
Sometimes a creature might get their fur color from a different generation. That probably doesn't help matters.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I have to imagine a werewolf pregnancy would be kinda tough on the mother during the term. Can you imagine what a kick froma werewolf baby feels like? What if there are twins?

"OUCH!...OHHH....OOOH! Owwww Honey! honey I think they're fighitng in there! *punches stomach* Hey! Knock it off in there!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:can you imagine what might happen if a two year old had a temper tantrum and he/she had claws and teeth?
Yeh've never been around small children, have you? A little fur isn't gonna make a difference.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

The shifting at puberty thing was supposedly a metaphor for puberty being a time when the body goes through severe changes so it would make sense as the time when something like this might become active.

That and its a rip-off of Marvel comics where Mutants get their powers at puberty.

I say it depends on the type of werewolf.
I have some in my fiction who change their whole lives, are born in an animal form, and some that use rituals placed on captured children to create new pack members.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

MattSullivan wrote:I have to imagine a werewolf pregnancy would be kinda tough on the mother during the term. Can you imagine what a kick froma werewolf baby feels like? What if there are twins?

"OUCH!...OHHH....OOOH! Owwww Honey! honey I think they're fighitng in there! *punches stomach* Hey! Knock it off in there!

AHHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol: Cracks me up!
Set wrote:Alright, which one of you drug this topic back up from the dead?

It wasn't me! *jabs finger at fyriewolf*
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

It's just that babies are so cute, so cuddly; and so tasty with bernaise sauce... lck

:lol:
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

:lol: :lol: *holds side* :lol: Great jokes, great jokes.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

red eye wrote
It's just that babies are so cute, so cuddly; and so tasty with bernaise sauce...

:o :blink: :o :blink: :o
What the (bleep)?
That is not cool. (But it is funny. :lol: )
Set Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:
can you imagine what might happen if a two year old had a temper tantrum and he/she had claws and teeth?

Yeh've never been around small children, have you? A little fur isn't gonna make a difference.
Set, that's not what i meant. (And it's not the fur he's worried about.)
In my story, the werewolf kid has its baby teeth until it reaches pueberty (Don't call him a rip off artist. He didn't steal it from X-men :D ) and gets their claws then, because i think they can handle them better at that age. If, at night, that two year gets out and it had claws and teeth, and {althought my werewolves don't eat meat} it started attacking other animals, it might lead them back to the parents. I don't want the kids getting in trouble they can't get out of, is what i'm saying.[/quote]
V, from V for Vendetta.

RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I can see Set's point about Werewolf offspring. The point about the Puberty thing is this:
There are a huge number of species where the adult is radically different from the nymph-or child form.

In both Wolves and Humans, there are major changes in the physical structure of the body as well as glandular and mental changes to boot.
It's the least expensive way, biologically, to accomplish a major rebuild of the body...just stick the Wulfen changes in along with everything else.
It's a time when the cellular template is at it most malleable. Werewolf babies would have the potentials, and probably some embarassing mini-shifts as babies, and as children would likely be on the hairy side and have fewer childhood illnesses than the average.

Set has an idea, and for all we know-is right. We are all just theorizing here, and every idea deserves fair consideration, agreeable or not.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Post by Ookami-kun »

You guys should read Fables in the concept of werewolf babies.

-> [spoiler]In some time later, Wolf and Snow White have seven cubs. All six are werewolves while the last one isn't. The babies themselves can turn into wolf or gestalt forms uncontrollably, but fear/surprise/anger/emotions can trigger the change (which will be shown later on).[/spoiler]
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

Ookami-kun wrote:You guys should read Fables in the concept of werewolf babies.

-> [spoiler]In some time later, Wolf and Snow White have seven cubs. All six are werewolves while the last one isn't. The babies themselves can turn into wolf or gestalt forms uncontrollably, but fear/surprise/anger/emotions can trigger the change (which will be shown later on).[/spoiler]

:| I like that concept. Of about the emotions. That is somewhat deplicted in Kelley Armastrong's werewolf novels, too.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Two words. Breast feeding.

"OW! OW! OW! Owwww! Teeth....SHARP LITTLE TEETH!!!!"
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Motsiewolf »

:lol: :lol: This thread's name should be changed to "babies jokes" :lol: :lol:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

Okay
(two words: Terrible twos. :D )
V, from V for Vendetta.

Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

MattSullivan

Post by Fyriewolf »

OKAY SULLIVAN,
u wnat 2 make fun of twin wolves then mayb u should ask me and Watriewolf 2 have a fight 4 making fun of us and other twin wolves. :drillsgt: :Duckietoss: :duckieinmouth: for duck in mouth. us=wolve u=duck.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: MattSullivan

Post by Motsiewolf »

Fyriewolf wrote:OKAY SULLIVAN,
u wnat 2 make fun of twin wolves then mayb u should ask me and Watriewolf 2 have a fight 4 making fun of us and other twin wolves. :drillsgt: :Duckietoss: :duckieinmouth: for duck in mouth. us=wolve u=duck.
?? I don't think they know you are twins. But the jokes are funny, so don't diss em! I should use them on you two more often :lol:. You need to make your threats more clear too.

But that makes me think. It makes sense that twins would occur and they would occur more often, right? Like wolves. Cause wolves have more than one offspring in a litter, so, would a werewolf be more like wolves or more like humans and normally have one at a time? Hmm. Then, how long would the pregnancy be? Or have we broached these topics already? I'm lost!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That's how it works in the Camp Lycanthrope universe. It's almost always twins or triplets...or higher.